Warehouses Bugged Again

Alpenwolf

The last update seems to have messed up the warehouses again after running smoothly for several weeks with previous updates. almost every time there was an update the warehouses get messed up: Some weapons are not found any more or pods, or fuel tanks, etc. Probably due to introducing new modules or weapons or updating the latter. The updated warehouses' file overwrites the older one which causes trouble to the missions. In my case I have limited weapons and aircraft in all missions. That's a LOT of work fixing the warehouses in each and every mission accordingly. It really isn't fun at all. And when I thought that old bug was gone once and for all it's back again with the latest update.

I urge you please to look into it and see what has caused the problem this time so maybe you find a permanent fix for it.

Thank you in advance!

Alpenwolf

Here's an example of some missing misc assets. The same applies to the fuel tanks category as well:

Unbenannt.png

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I cannot say how upset I am every time I have to re-adjust this table in my bigger missions.

ED, please, go and repair this issue, we cannot hold longer on this!

THANK YOU

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 12:24 AM, Alpenwolf said:

The last update seems to have messed up the warehouses again after running smoothly for several weeks with previous updates

The game becomes incompatible with warehouses in missions created in previous game versions whenever a new weapon is added to the game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 1 month later...

It would'nt be so bad if you did'nt spend 100hrs of hours building, testing and trouble shooting the missions you make lol
I discovered this bug this week.
To add to this, it would be nice to be able to export the warehouse settings to any invisible farps that have been placed.
Now i have to fix each farp separatly after every update.
Unless someobe has a easier workaround?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The warehouses are bugged again. No Ataka missiles and only recreating the warehouses' file in each and every missions would solve the issue. In other words, hours of reworking all the missions just to fix this.

Please, ED, this thing has been haunting me for years. You kind of fixed it for the last months, but it wasn't really a fix. some assets were still missing, but didn't affect my Cold War setup. Nevertheless, the bug is still there.

Godspeed, ED!

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Yeah , gave up trying to use warehouse restrictions many many years ago

I just wrote a script that has a list of not allowed weapons and if someone launches / drops one of these the makes the ordnance go BOOM

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

5 hours ago, Miles Vorkosigan said:

We stopped editing the warehouses and use the restrict weapons menu now. This way we can leave it unlimited equipment, etc.
Gave up on getting the warehouse bug fixed 😞

1 hour ago, HC_Official said:

Yeah , gave up trying to use warehouse restrictions many many years ago

I just wrote a script that has a list of not allowed weapons and if someone launches / drops one of these the makes the ordnance go BOOM

I thought about that too, but I also have limited aircraft (e.g. 8 x MiG-21 slots with 60 MiG-21's available in the warehouse) in my missions, so that's my own curse, I guess 😞

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

8 hours ago, HC_Official said:

If you are doing stuff this complex it would be easier to write a small utility to create warehouse files from scratch

then drop that file into the mission

It wont work because the "small utility" would be missing that new weapon or aircraft that was added. I tried it once long time ago. Unless you mean something else?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

10 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

It wont work because the "small utility" would be missing that new weapon or aircraft that was added. I tried it once long time ago. Unless you mean something else?

Yes that is what I meant, keeping the util up to date with new weapons that gets added to DCS would be part of maintaining the util

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• 1 month later...

Just to make clear what I was talking about:

In the "A/C" tab:
The strategy to show newly added aircraft to DCS with a value of 100 is a good idea. It is not a problem to change the number, e.g. to zero.
This step is - in fact - not really necessary, because during creation of the mission in the past the new aircraft were not available. Fine!

In the "EQP" tab:
The problem arises in the equipment tab. Once the mission is opened in a newer DCS version, the first lines - depending on which content was added - are emtpy, and with a number of 0. If I want to add the newly created weapons of my new DCS version to this specific mission, I have to first click "Unlimited Munitions", save the mission, and then uncheck this check box.
This - of course - kills all settings from the past, and I have to reconfigure all numbers from scratch.

These are my two cents on that. I am still not sure if the other guys are talking about the same or have other problems.

Flappie: I could send mission via PM, is that OK?

Screen_211217_002922.png

Screen_211217_004149.png

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Done. I had to remove all WAV files from the missions, thus they might now work. Anyway, you can analyze them in terms of the warehouses.

The problem is the programming strategy they used for the EQP tab.
Instead of adding new DCS items to the end of the list and show the list sorted alphabetically, they somehow changed indexes of existing items (which is a killer). At least this seems to me when looking at this.

my computer:

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2021 at 1:24 AM, TOViper said:

Done. I had to remove all WAV files from the missions, thus they might now work. Anyway, you can analyze them in terms of the warehouses.

The problem is the programming strategy they used for the EQP tab.
Instead of adding new DCS items to the end of the list and show the list sorted alphabetically, they somehow changed indexes of existing items (which is a killer). At least this seems to me when looking at this.

You came to the same conclusion Rocky (good old DCS mate of mine) came to. Might be the issue then. It still happens from time to time. Not as bad as it was, but still.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

This was just one of the issues that badly impacted Storm of War last year, and ultimately led to the team bringing the server to a close.  Has there been any progress on this, or will new weapon types with the new modules releasing this year just cause a recurrence?

• 3 weeks later...