It is suitable for a beginner player ?

Mira73

Hello.. I want to ask. I am a new user of F18 and Supercarrier. I would like to buy your campaign, but I'm worried if it will be very demanding and frustrating 

I haven't flown night missions yet. AAR is still my nightmare 🥴 Are these skills necessary to successfully campaign? Can I adjust the weather and day / night in the mission myself? What happens when my pilot is shot down and KIA? I repeat the mission or the whole campaign

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

See it from the perspective: When you play a campaign you are more or less forced to deal with the respective module (in this case FA-18 & Suppercarrier). Means reading the manual, consulting Chucks's guide, watching tutorials on youtube. Of course, you have to invest time and want to do so, the advantage is that you then know your way around the module and can also use what the module offers. So far I have had 3 campaigns for the FA-18: Serpents Head 2, Raven ONE and Aggressors BFM. This is where I personally find Serpents Head to be the 'easiest'. The fact that you can change anything in the campaigns has been largely forbidden by the campaign creator. And there are very good reasons!

• Thanks 2

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I'd recommend a campaign like the Serpent's Head 1 and 2 first of all, and then Raven One. Something a bit more "on rails" that will essentially guide you on what to do.

There's quite a lot going on in this campaign, not necessarily difficult I think, just maybe a bit overwhelming at first if you haven't done a campaign in the Hornet before.

As for AAR - I don't think it's "necessary" but it may be useful...

Things like weather, etc, can't be adjusted. You are limited in terms of what you can change to the roles of your flights (SEAD, CAP, CAS, etc) and the waypoints of your own flight.

For night missions, I really wouldn't be too concerned! I don't think all that much changes, really. In fact, I personally find landing on the carrier at night way, way easier than in day time. It's basically just a straight in landing from 21 miles out.

TLDR: Serpent's Head 1 -> Serpent's Head 2 -> Raven One -> Operation Pontus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR