At the end of the first mission the "F10 Radio Menu Skip Mission" doesn't appear.

Joaoperru

As per title. Played the mission 2 times, i landed at the carrier, and can't see the F10 menu in the Radio menu. I can only see: F1 F5 and F8 if i remember right. Why are almost all the entries greyed out anyway? What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your replies! It's driving me nuts...

Edited by Joaoperru

• Joaoperru changed the title to At the end of the first mission the "F10 Radio Menu Skip Mission" doesn't appear.
5 hours ago, Joaoperru said:

As per title. Played the mission 2 times, i landed at the carrier, and can't see the F10 menu in the Radio menu. I can only see: F1 F5 and F8 if i remember right. Why are almost all the entries greyed out anyway? What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your replies! It's driving me nuts...

Hey, the first thing that comes to my mind would be that maybe  you didn't enter the "Campaign Progress Code" before taking off?

If so, it would not take into consideration that the mission is completed when you return to base. 

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Hi there mate!

I was referring to the very first mission, do you need to enter some code at the beginning already?

Anyway it's weird all the radio menu in my game... few entries, almost all greyed out... i really dont understand. I'll try once more this evening.

Edited by Joaoperru

1 hour ago, Joaoperru said:

Hi there mate!

I was referring to the very first mission, do you need to enter some code at the beginning already?

Anyway it's weird all the radio menu in my game... few entries, almost all greyed out... i really dont understand. I'll try once more this evening.

Hey! In first mission there is only one instance that you will use the F10 menu, this happens when you get to choose if you want to go for refueling or not. 
Whether you decide to refuel or skip it, you then have to go to target range (WP7). 
Once you hit the targets you will receive a message that you are cleared to return to mother. 
After you land you have to wait a bit until you hear your virtual XO. Just check that you completed all the stages before going to land. 

Edited by petritis

Hey Joaoperru

As petritis has said, you shouldn't have to select anything when you land at the carrier. The only 'skip' option I saw during the first mission was in regards to whether I wanted to skip the aerial refuelling part.

After you've completed refuelling, just go and drop your bomb then immediately return to carrier. You shouldn't have to select anything except normal carrier comms (which are being a bit weird at the moment for me!)

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I did it again and this time everything worked as planned. Dont know why but at a certain point i lost some mission triggers and my character stopped talking right before the last waypoint before the tanker. Without those triggering i think everything broke up.

Thanks to everyone, waiting for the "choosing task bug" to disappear :)

• Like 1

Having similar issues as the OP. Looking for a little help.

I've "Completed" the very first mission 3-4 times and so far unclear what the problem is for me to actually move forward in the campaign.

I'm flying over the airbases roughly 1500ft (AGL), eventually I turn towards WP7 and I destroy all of the practice targets myself or let my wingman finish them off before we return to the carrier.

Notes: 

I've never seen the skip refueling option in the menu.  Should that be available after flying over Senaki ? 

Is the expectation to destroy all of the practice targets ?

1 hour ago, goon3r said:

I've "Completed" the very first mission 3-4 times and so far unclear what the problem is for me to actually move forward in the campaign.

I'm flying over the airbases roughly 1500ft (AGL), eventually I turn towards WP7 and I destroy all of the practice targets myself or let my wingman finish them off before we return to the carrier.

Notes: 

I've never seen the skip refueling option in the menu.  Should that be available after flying over Senaki ? 

Hey, the reason that you are not getting the refuel message, is probably because you are not fly low over Senaki Runway. You have to make a really low high speed pass over the RW, RW heading in 270. Please try this and you should be fine. After that you will receive the option to refuel or not.

Hope that helped. 🙂

Edited by petritis

2 hours ago, petritis said:

Hey, the reason that you are not getting the refuel message, is probably because you are not fly low over Senaki Runway. You have to make a really low high speed pass over the RW, RW heading in 270. Please try this and you should be fine. After that you will receive the option to refuel or not.

Hope that helped. 🙂

Thanks, that was it! 

As a point of feedback here, this looks like an opportunity to improve the mission description and maybe simplify the trigger a bit. It feels like this is far too specific of an action for what is something as arbitrary as a fly-over. 

I would recommend there is either a clear explanation of what is needed, or loosen the conditions a bit.

3 minutes ago, goon3r said:

Thanks, that was it! 

As a point of feedback here, this looks like an opportunity to improve the mission description and maybe simplify the trigger a bit. It feels like this is far too specific of an action for what is something as arbitrary as a fly-over. 

I would recommend there is either a clear explanation of what is needed, or loosen the conditions a bit.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign. 🙂

8 hours ago, goon3r said:

Notes: 

I have the same problem. Can't even pass initial mission. Tried 4 times no joy.
My TGP points directly at the target, but the fall line is way off  and the bombs miss

Not to mention my wingman don't engage a single target even if I told him to engage and rejoin, or engage ground targets.

SO not sure what I am doing wrong, or a DCS bug?

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

12 hours ago, 5e EVC Chappy said:

I have the same problem. Can't even pass initial mission. Tried 4 times no joy.
My TGP points directly at the target, but the fall line is way off  and the bombs miss

Not to mention my wingman don't engage a single target even if I told him to engage and rejoin, or engage ground targets.

SO not sure what I am doing wrong, or a DCS bug?

I'm not sure you're having the same problem as the OP, but it is strange that your bombs are not hitting...

So, you're lined up on the target, but the bomb fall line is off to one side? The only time this has happened to me is when starting on the carrier and the alignment has finished but I put it in NAV rather than in IFA. And because the carrier keeps moving... you end up with navigation that's a few miles off where it should be. Could that be the issue?

That's the only explanation I can think of for the fall line being off.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

23 minutes ago, LooseSeal said:

So, you're lined up on the target, but the bomb fall line is off to one side? The only time this has happened to me is when starting on the carrier and the alignment has finished but I put it in NAV rather than in IFA. And because the carrier keeps moving... you end up with navigation that's a few miles off where it should be. Could that be the issue?

That's the only explanation I can think of for the fall line being off.

I wasn't even aware the IFA was working. Will try that, thanks.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

1 hour ago, 5e EVC Chappy said:

I wasn't even aware the IFA was working. Will try that, thanks.

Yeah, it took me a while to figure it out. They implemented it some point in the autumn I think. I wish they put critical changes like that in the changelogs for patches rather than bury them in a sticky on the forum. Or even better... in the manual.

Fairly sure that should be your issue!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:42 PM, petritis said:

Hey, you have to take a specific amount of fuel in order to continue. 

With the latest update you have the option to skip the mission if you like.😉

Care to share how much fuel do we have to take? Or what kind of triggers are in mission 1?

I flew it a couple of times, both times, after getting the message that sends home the other elements and set mine for the refueling, I have no more comms of any kind, I refuel (I always refuel fully), go to WP7 and blow the targets up and land on GW, but I got no XO debrief or mission code.

And, no, I don't wannna skip it, thanks, just tell us what the triggers are, please.

EDIT: well, I'm a moron. I didn't read correctly the instructions after the low pass on Senaki runway, I didn't realize you have to confirm even if you want to refuel, not only if you want to skip it. Once I did that, everything went as intended.

Edited by Gianky
  • Like 1