JDAMs on the Cat

Sukboi

Could we get JDAMS on the tomcat without the sparrowhawk and PTID? Just use the kneeboard/F10 to preplan the JDAMS from the ground-crew (similar to the av8b does) and since the LANTIRN already has GPS just use it to designate JDAMS from <10mi since I remember reading somewhere (may have been that LANTIRN TOMCAST) that they just added a little digital bus controller which gave LANTIRN communication between the pylons and the cockpit.

Seems reasonable to think with how Frankenstein the tomcat fleets were that this sort of thing could have existed?

Note: I did attempt a mod for this and was able to get the JDAMS on the tomcat but ran into issues with the WCS not having the ballistic data and selectors for JDAMS. It is easy to add missiles to the tomcat but seemingly impossible to add NEW bombs on it

Edited by Rinz1er
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rinz1er said:

Could we get JDAMS on the tomcat without the sparrowhawk and PTID? Just use the kneeboard/F10 to preplan the JDAMS from the ground-crew (similar to the av8b does) and since the LANTIRN already has GPS just use it to designate JDAMS from <10mi since I remember reading somewhere (may have been that LANTIRN TOMCAST) that they just added a little digital bus controller which gave LANTIRN communication between the pylons and the cockpit.

Seems reasonable to think with how Frankenstein the tomcat fleets were that this sort of thing could have existed?

Note: I did attempt a mod for this and was able to get the JDAMS on the tomcat but ran into issues with the WCS not having the ballistic data and selectors for JDAMS. It is easy to add missiles to the tomcat but seemingly impossible to add NEW bombs on it

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Like 5

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 3 weeks later...

So according to that document, we would need OFP 321 which by then would have seen the PTID, PMDIG, Sparrowhawk, GPS, MIL-STD-1553B data bus, new mission computer, and AWG-15H FCS added. I remember reading that the PTID and PMDIG were not possible for HB due to lacking some info on the pages that made it up. I am guessing this is still the case and therefore the reason we will never see JDAMS on the tomcat...

😞

• Like 1