Go to Muspike’s website and it has all of Chuck’s Guides including the F-16

I use Chuck a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid Apple Smartphone it is Mudspike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

49 minutes ago, Felt737 said:

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but the manual is no longer available for download.  

Here, I imagine that ED wont mind if I share my copy:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hdsE37k92_BsYBtFog?e=hCxi1K

👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

If you have the F-16C installed, you can find the manual in your main DCS World directory (should be in Program Files -> Eagle Dynamics) then -> Mods -> aircraft -> F-16C -> Doc

• Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 minutes ago, Iron Sights said:

Chuck's guide will help as well.

It does! Great help by the community! that was however not the problem.

The problem was the official manual is not available. The thing that should have happened is someone from ED responding and ED fixing a dead link.

But maybe that's very complex, so it will take a while.

Meanwhile they can hyperlink the official link to the link in this post 😛

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Never really understood why they put the manuals in such a weird place where nobody is going to find them. Could just make a "manuals" folder in the main DCS folder and also put them in the DCS start menu folder.

Good call by OP. If you can't find them on your drive without randomly searching the folders and the website link is broken -> 😐 face for many

Have u checked if they update the installed manual when they release an update on a manual?

3 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Never really understood why they put the manuals in such a weird place where nobody is going to find them.

Actually, it seems to me that most of us had no issue finding the manuals .. or else the Forum would be filled with these type of requests 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

14 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Actually, it seems to me that most of us had no issue finding the manuals .. or else the Forum would be filled with these type of requests 🙂

I tend to go there if I am considering to buy a module, and read in the manual to get a feel what to expect (because u don't have the manual on disk at that time).

Other then that, and the fact that dead links feel like a surprise that sucks, not a big issue. 

Actually when i bought the game, i usually do the in game training and watch some youtube videos. I read the manual sometimes if i am bored but can't fly:P.

Edited by DoctorVixen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DoctorVixen said:

Actually when i bought the game, i usually do the in game training and watch some youtube videos. I read the manual sometimes if i am bored but can't fly:P.

I watch YT videos BEFORE purchasing a module, after I have it purchased the first thing I do is skim-read the Manual, and then do the training missions. Later on, when learning specific weapons or systems I refer to the Manual again (and Chucks Guide, and YT videos). 👍

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Ah, just re-read this. Guess we are talking two different things. i've been talking about the manuals location in the DCS install directory. Guess you mean the location on the website. Yeah, that one's easy to find... but if that ones broken like it is now... the manual in the install is really hard to find.

The manuals really got some nice info often that gets skipped in guides or videos to keep them short. Especially the Viper manual is done quite well. Really worth a read, i often catch myself reading manuals in bed instead of the scifi stories i used to until a few years ago :'D

I often catch myself reading manuals in bed.

Haha i know i said i read when bored and can't fly, but actually yeah catching myself reading in bed sometimes :P.

5 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I watch YT videos BEFORE purchasing a module, after I have it purchased the first thing I do is skim-read the Manual, and then do the training missions. Later on, when learning specific weapons or systems I refer to the Manual again (and Chucks Guide, and YT videos). 👍

Then the missing manual on the website wouldn't be much of an issue for you, 100% agree on that.👍

Still fixing a link seems not too hard, it might help in makings some customers happy who have less optimized ways of doing things 😉.  Agreed?

• Like 1

Okay, but... it's quite a strange place, isn't it? You really actually have to FIND it. Just having a folder "DCS World/manuals" would be way easier + a start menu link.
Why hide them in a 4 folder deep structure "DCS World/Mods/aircraft/modulename/Doc"? That's literally no one's first choice to dig for a manual No one's. Really.
Yup! Honestly I was using DCS for almost two years before I discovered, on this forum, that manuals actually do exist.
I guess I was content with training missions and YT.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Bump since this has not been fixed so far and another thread just popped up. Thinking about folks looking to maybe buy the Viper but would like to put their nose in the manual before they buy and... 404 sorry no manual for you
Well, there is of course another way. Well multiple, actually. Free to play now. Install module get/copy manual.

Well... yeah but its not always f2p 365 days a year and also... why would i download a module to have a look at the manual downloaded with it to decide if i want to download the module or not?
I totally agree! But as long as they do not fix the link....

• Like 1

• ED Team

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/

I will get the link fixed.

edit: link fixed

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2