Order to play campaigns?

conura

Hey all, I bought the F/A18C a month ago and have been learning it since. I think I'm ready to start with campaigns, so I bought the following:

Aggressors BFM Campaign
The Serpents Head 2

Raven One

Operation Pontus

Rising Squall

I was wondering what order people recommend to play them in? I am guessing some are more beginner friendly - for example Rising Squall says it is easy at the start.

Thanks.

Quite a hard question to answer, I have Raven one and Rising squall (currently on the forth mission of rising squall and finished Raven one).

Can you AA refuel or land on a carrier ? If not I wouldn't advise you start with raven one. 

Rising squall is very easy systems wise and flying wise, yes you should start with this one I think.

From what I heard the other campaigns are thriving to be more realistic. Raven one for example, from the top of my head you need to learn how to enter coordinates, use the TGP and LGB's, learn smart weapons (jdams, harms) and some other systems. Flying wise you need to know how to AA refuel (including night refuels) and how to land on carriers (including case III night landing). Very realistic campaign though.

If you just want to fly fun missions with minimal loiter times, very little time reading briefings, and system knowledge, again, Rising squall should be the way to go. 

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Glad to see this thread, I am still getting through the learning process but hope to be able to fly my first campaign here soon.

I have got navigation, takeoffs and landings, carrier traps,  guns and sidewinders down pretty good, working on all the different bombs now.

Sounds like Raven One would be a good one for my first campaign. Still got to learn iff and d/l and countermeasures also.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Sounds like Rising Squall is a good one to get for me right now.

I'm only able to fly about 2 hours a week, just can't keep all these skills fresh doing that. (Hop on and try to use the  TGP only to find it's changed a lot since last time I used it...no muscle memory for the controls, etc).

Would love to do Raven 1, but the systems knowledge would be a stress point right now.

I would think the domestic campaign (Task Force Challenger) is good start. Okay, no AIM-9X, no AMRAAMs, no guided bombs and only 5 missions. But IMO it is a short but great campaign for everyone who has just started to learn the Hornet. My 2 cents.

Cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2