Western Canadian Looking for F/A-18 SQN

Wulph

Hi All,

I Live in Western Canada Looking for a Carrier based F/A-18 Sqn. I work in the Oil Patch on a 7 days on 7 days off shift, with a young family. Will try to be as active as possible. Est times are not the best fit. also have the F-14 but with limited time in that bird. Can AAR and working knowledge of the Aircraft. 

Pacific Time Zone: we fly Tue, Thu and Sat at 6:00 pm. I am still new to this game, purchased a new pc and components and downloaded the game back around Thanksgiving. 

The thing about joining a squadron is that you do not know what or how they will interact with you, to what levels of training they provide, expect, or if they can meet  your expectations, etc.  I was a bit apprehensive being brand new, but reached out to a squadron that flies during the time frames that work best for me. 

I can not say enough good about the squadron, it has been wonderful with them!  The CO is a Canadian, I believe out of the Calgary area.  We are a relatively small group, maybe a  dozen active guys, mature age group (don't know exactly how old guys are, but gut feel is 40's to 60's), we fly missions and/or training three times a week, not required to attend every time but encouraged, don't need to make excuses when you are not going to make it simply state it "I'm out for Saturday".  The squad has a group who creates missions for us to fly, missions tend to be against the game (AI) not person vs person, for a new-bee I can tell you that flying against AI is hard enough! The guys are great, very helpful, and yet in a friendly manner joke with one another about our mishaps!  And by the way, everyone has them, nobody is perfect. I have come a long, long way in the short time that I have been with them, yet still improving!  Always looking for new guys to fly with.   

If you have interests, post me back.

Good afternoon Wulph,

I would like to introduce you to the JTF-191, a US-based Joint Force MILSIM that trains in most western aircraft, to include the F/A-18C. We are always looking to recruit more -18 drivers to one of our carrier based squadrons. Currently, we have 3 US Navy squadrons, and 1 USMC carrier-based squadron using that airframe. We run a campaign mission every other week for several months out of the year, and typically run "off-missions" on off weeks. We have a staff of knowledgeable instructors to help you in any way we can. 
We ARE an EST-based group (might I say, with a moderate Canadian presence), so I understand if that doesn't meet your criteria, but you are more than welcome to check out our website or reach out directly to me here, Discord (Payno#8263), or via email (jtf191@gmail.com).

Best,
Payno

Edited by SmallsTheAmish

Heya Wulph. Saskatoon SK here.

I'm also looking for a new Canadian Group to fly with.  PM me if you just want to wing up and fly some missions together.. happy to have a casual wingman.

S!

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 1 month later...

I live in western Canada and have played sim games for a real long time. I started out with Microsoft combat flight simulator 1 and 2 and played on the msn game zone. I am now playing in war thunder since 1999 and have reached the jets tiers there and have had DCS world for a few years now but just never played it. I am a quick learner and like flying with others as a group. I am on most of the times in the fall and winter but do take time off during camping and hunting season. Since I am just starting DCS world I dont have any of the modules and am looking forward to the fa 18 hornet for the carrier fighters etc....

pm me sniper.... I'm game to wing up and can fly almost anything - dont own the f14 though.  Saskatoon here.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 5 months later...