F15 trim be broke, yo!

Using the f15 in Flaming Cliffs 3, the trim is not working. I am using the thrustmaster warthog hotas and assign trim to the stick trim hat switch. It seems to be totally nonfunctional in the f15 no matter how many times I deflect it in any of the directions and no matter if it’s a long or short press. When I go to adjust controls, it registers the trim button deflections in the menu and shows that it is definitely assigned to trim and there are no conflicts. I have not tried it on any of the other FC3 planes, but have no issue with trim switch on any other plane/modules (a10 c, f16, f18, etc). Any one else having issues with trimming f15?

I thought the same thing when I was having issues flying the F-15.  I found out that the F-15 fly's extremely well without using trim and I haven't used trim in over a month.  My landing 'alive' rate has increased exponentially because of it too!

Test it. Try flying without using trim and you'll understand.  It wasn't until I tried it that I understood.

Oz

And here's my post explaining how I figured out.

I just figured this out today.

A few weeks ago I created a mission with a long flight time(50-60mins).  Nothing else going on, just a flight from one airfield to another.
The first few times I flew the mission - the plane would get harder to keep level, the further I flew, and I was using TRIM to maintain my heading the whole way.  It was so bad that if auto pilot was disengaged I never could engage it again, because I couldn't get the plane back to a level path.

Yesterday I flew it again and kept an eye on the TRIM circle on the Controls Indicator Display. During the flight, as I TRIMMED, the little circle would stay near the center and sometimes not even look like it moved.  The further I flew the TRIM no longer would keep the plane on path so I would need to use the stick to make heading corrections and at that point the autopilot would disengage.  Once the auto pilot disengaged - the TRIM circle on the Controls Indicator Display immediately moved to the LEFT 3/4 of the way from the center.   I could never get it back to center so it was a yo-yo-roller-coaster ride down to the Final Approach because the controls were so messed up.

So, today I flew it again but this time I didn't use TRIM.  I leveled the plane out at just over 40k feet and engaged A\H autopilot and the plane flew straight and level for 280 miles!  

I wasn't used to any of the planes ever flying that level so I thought something was wrong.  LOL

I plan on flying it again to verify it but from reading the previous post I think I know not to use TRIM in the F-15 now.  

REALLY would have loved to read that in one of the manuals!

22 hours ago, Ozmandi said:

And here's my post explaining how I figured out.

Thanks for the reply. I assume that your trim was getting out of whack as you flew as fuel burned and changed your weight/balance, but of course I could be wrong. I will try to just use controls next time and see if it works, but the whole reason I was trying to trim to level flight was that my nose kept pitching up. I actually haven't even attempted the autopilot since I was just trying to get my controls set up and kind of rage quit when it wasn't trimming. I'll give it another go.

2 hours ago, joemama619 said:

Thanks for the reply. I assume that your trim was getting out of whack as you flew as fuel burned and changed your weight/balance, but of course I could be wrong. I will try to just use controls next time and see if it works, but the whole reason I was trying to trim to level flight was that my nose kept pitching up. I actually haven't even attempted the autopilot since I was just trying to get my controls set up and kind of rage quit when it wasn't trimming. I'll give it another go.

I didn't link the forum post I pulled that from but it was from a one I created asking if the fuel weight/balance was causing my trim problems.

Didn't think you'd want to read it so I didn't link it.

@joemama619"the whole reason I was trying to trim to level flight was that my nose kept pitching up"

I have that problem with all of the FC3 planes and it's a result of the rudder setting. Go into controls and clear the rudder setting and fly the plane again.  I just had to do that on the A-10A because the nose kept pitching up.  I deleted the rudder settings and that went away.
I can't explain why either.

Edited by Ozmandi