LANTIRN issue

steelrfan85

I’m having a problem with the S4 hat binds. When I press down I get the QSNO but no Code-/Gain-  when I push I don’t get anything. Press I get Declutter but no Lase Auto/Man/MGC. Right I get QDES but no digit right/level +. Up I get QHUD but no code +/ gain +. I have done it on the ground since laser code can only be changed on the ground. When I pull trigger to lock moving target in point mode and then hit QDES it goes back to the previous spot but doesn’t stay locked on the target moving. Laser is armed and when I try to change auto lase, nothing happens. I can’t get bomb fall line either even though I have the info including countdown to drop. Please help. 

You aren’t going into the specific mode to access gain control and laser code. QDES is a single designated point, not a moving point. The moving target thing takes an experienced RIO/WSO to do. Once again with the auto lase, you haven’t set it up properly.

refer to the HB manual, or tutorials on the LANTIRN.

Edited by BreaKKer

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

6 hours ago, steelrfan85 said:

I’m having a problem with the S4 hat binds. When I press down I get the QSNO but no Code-/Gain-  when I push I don’t get anything. Press I get Declutter but no Lase Auto/Man/MGC. Right I get QDES but no digit right/level +. Up I get QHUD but no code +/ gain +. I have done it on the ground since laser code can only be changed on the ground. When I pull trigger to lock moving target in point mode and then hit QDES it goes back to the previous spot but doesn’t stay locked on the target moving. Laser is armed and when I try to change auto lase, nothing happens. I can’t get bomb fall line either even though I have the info including countdown to drop. Please help. 

Uhm, a lot of the functions you mention are not on the S4 hat, but on other switches. I recommend to read the part of the manual that describes the various switches and hats on the LANTIRN stick: https://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#control-stick

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg