Markindels Durance Class

Markindels Durance Class of Support Ship for 2.5.6

History: This Mod started life as one half of Marios' excellent De Gaulle Mod, she was permanently attached to De Gaulle by fuel cables etc.  She originated in the FSX community and Mario had permission to convert it to DCS, it was then withdrawn by ED during 'the great cull', and Mario quit the game. Before he did so I asked him to split the 2 ships, and we now have De Gaulle and Durance as 2 separate models.

When 2.5.5 arrived this mod, along with many others, did not work, so we set about resurrecting it for 2.5.5.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod is now been made available to all!
With thanks to Mario,
And crazyeddie for the permission to share it here.

In recognition of the Cuesta Brothers fine work, with the le Clem and Charles de Gaulle mods,

I thank you!

This ones for you!

And for Mario!

Salute!

Hawkeye60 - 1/30/2021

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits:  Hawkeye, who suffered all my arguing and bullying to convert the old edm into the 2.5.5 format.  I then created the 5 different liveries you can have with this ship:

French Somme - A631 - The default model
French Var     A608
French Marne   A630
ARA Patagonia  B1     Still in service
HMAS Success   OR304  Still in service, to be withdrawn 2019
RFA Tidewave   A135   Fictional

There are 2 different models of each ship, 1 with the centre crane, 1 without, with some slight variations in paintwork.
The crane appears to have been deleted on some ships later in life. Each ship has appropriate flags.

Put the Mod 'Durance Class' into your Saved Games/Mods/Tech Folder

Put the folders 'Classe_Durance_Flags' and 'Classe_Durance_nc' into your Saved Games/DCS.Liveries folder. If you dont have that now is the time to learn how to do it, create a folder and call it DCS.Liveries, place it in your Saved Games Folder, and thats it. Drop any new liveries in there, simples !!

Select Durance with Crane or Withour Crane then select the Skin from the Liveries Drop Down in he Mission Editor.

The Flight Deck is useable for helo's, watch the superstructure, it's not a big deck.  

This has been a labour of love, an undignified and troublesome labour at times, and its not perfect, we have yet to perfect perfect.

CrazyEddie and Hawkeye
(For Mario, our friend)

Aug 2019

Re-posted Jan 2021

https://www.dropbox.com/s/acldjfs6xz3pdaq/Markindels Durance Class V 1.5.rar?dl=0

Screen-190803-101324.png

Screen-190803-101340.png

Screen-190803-101453.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks a lot @Hawkeye60 .. lovely ship, and we can put it into Latin american service 👍

tD0FAJX.jpg

Mth9XOg.jpg

Really nice .. thanks again for resurrecting these ships.

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

A big thanks to you for this great refuelling ship. 😋

Together with the Clemenceau or Charles de Gaulle carriers, it makes an amazing naval airpower task force.

Only missing is now the FREMM AA frigate, which was available in FSX, I think.

Thanks for sharing this amazing Mod !... 👏

Toan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extraordinarily Beautiful !!!!
thank you to the creators and to all those who participated in the refloating of this beautiful ship.

And Thanks again to "sushy73" who made me discover this beautiful Addon.

o897.png

m163.png

dskb.png

Edited by Pappy2
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...