Morale, Downed Pilots

Abr

Few missions in and enjoying the new campaign so far. In the first mission, I saw a reference to squadron morale - how does that effect the campaign? And is it reflected anywhere, like in the dialogue?

Also if a squadron mate gets shot down, are there any consequences to the squadron? They seem to come right back. 

Thanks!

Thanks for your purchase!

Yes, every friendly loss impacts the overall performance and the next missions status.

The campaign doesn't count exact aircraft numbers either keep a warehouse that is affected, but instead it keeps track of performance and affects the enemy air - ground power.  

Your fellow squadmates, are designed the way that instead of going KIA, they go MIA during their loss and then they are rescued by friendly forces. 

So this way they are still there in the next missions but their temporary "loss" impacts your progress. 

There are variables that are connected to the campaigns progress code that is being recalculated in the background. 

As a result, many friendly losses will allow the enemy to execute more sorties and reinforce their ground units, when if you succeed in the air and reduce losses, the enemy air activity will be reduced mission to mission. It is simulated the way that your squadron operates not only during the player's sorties but on a 24x hour base so with many losses  the morale is decreased and the enemy is free to operate.

We plan to post tips and planning suggestions here soon and would be happy to hear about your experience: 

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

How do the strike Targets on the f10 map work at the end of the mission?  first phase 2 two missions i got some co-oridnates but no visible target in the direct area, Closest buildings were storage tanks so i just assumed that must be the target and dropped a bomb on it  then the end of the mission the debrief talked about a "general located  in the warehouse" are strike targets always described? like "warehouse" or "Convoy" etc?

1 hour ago, brran said:

How do the strike Targets on the f10 map work at the end of the mission?  first phase 2 two missions i got some co-oridnates but no visible target in the direct area, Closest buildings were storage tanks so i just assumed that must be the target and dropped a bomb on it  then the end of the mission the debrief talked about a "general located  in the warehouse" are strike targets always described? like "warehouse" or "Convoy" etc?

Hey once you get the coordinates after a few seconds in F10 map you will see a red circle matches the given coordinates, you will need to zoom in, in order to see the target. Printscreen and use the image in next mission's mission planner in order to edit your waypoint according the given coordinates. It is really useful also to edit the elevation of the target. 

This might help you. 

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign