[AS INTENDED] Unrecognized rocket loadouts for Instant Action and Training Missions

Cool Breeze

I've recently been going through the Harrier training missions again and found myself in a bit of a odd situation that's repeated in the Instant Action Missions.

Once you start the missions going into the Stores Page for the 2.5" rockets you are greeted with dash marks instead of the loaded rocket type. 

Digging in to the stock loadouts in the Mission Editor shows FFAR Mk. 1 HE loaded in the LAU-68's. Changing the rocket types to a listed type, the FFAR's aren't on the list apparently, then reloading the mission shows them being recognized on the Stores Page. 

I demonstrate this with the screenshot of the  68S's being loaded on one pylon and the mission loaded rockets on the other.

My assumption is that in one of the updates the rocket types were updated and now the older missions that have the FFAR's loaded out aren't being 'recognized' as a valid weapon thus the dashes. A track file is attached please let me know if this is a bug or just something that is in the que to be updated.

Thank you

Screen_210130_231657.png

Missing Rockets1.trk

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

FFAR rockets have been removed from the Harrier's possible loadouts with the last update. Apparently they were never used by the USMC with our version of the Harrier. Hopefully all missions will be updated accordingly. The AV-8B can now only load various types of Hdyra 70 mm rockets on pods with 7 rounds. 

That would explain why they aren't being recognized in the stores page for sure! Lol

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Yes. FFAR LAU-68 options and TER LAU-68 options were removed as well as LAU-3 options. This is intended but I will make note that the instant action missions and TRG missions will be adjusted to reflect this.

Marking AS INTENDED and moving to RESOLVED

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [AS INTENDED] Unrecognized rocket loadouts for Instant Action and Training Missions
  • 4 months later...

Bump. 24 June 2021. DCS OB ver 2.7.2.8165 and this is the same for day and night pinpoint strike missions. Weird that the 3D model of the LAU-3 pod still shows in ME and game, but you just can't select them.

It must be a nightmare keeping track of every single mission's backwards compatibility.

• 1 year later...

this is still not fixed in 2022, i've run into quite a few bugs in the training missions, including rockets not being selectable, not being able to slew the waypoint in the waypoint edit training, and much of the TGP and TV terminoligt/symboagy and buttons have changed.

otherwise great training missions, best so far except for the errors.

Edited by Epiic_Penguin