still love this old bird

@admikiand @Marsvinetthank you both! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 2/2/2021 at 9:21 AM, scoobie said:

In that case, you just don't need no trim with Puma - it is like "auto-trimming" cyclic, without the need of pressing any silly buttons

Indeed, that's what makes it so convenient! Flying the Mi-8 is very easy with it. The Huey is a bit less convenient because of the amount of movement required (especially in pitch). I'm looking forward to testing how it will work in the upcoming helo modules. I might switch to a Komodo Simulations product at some point though...

On 2/2/2021 at 12:34 AM, MAXsenna said:

Check out DIY cyclic with magnetic break on YT. Gives a better impression.

Yes, indeed. Thanks!

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

• 1 month later...

@Raven (Elysian Angel)
Just found this topic and have some questions about the PUMA cyclic. For me it's still a bit unclear, is it self-centering or a friction based springless mechanism (move it off center and it stays there)?
If the second is the case you should try the springless stick trim option for helicopters. The trim button has still to be mapped and used, because the implemented FCS functionality in the sim (force trim behaviour) will register it and apply it to the constantly calculated flight model. Very important for the Ka-50 for instance, because trimming tells the flight director's logic what your intentions are. In the Mi-8 with it's AP and the Huey with force trim only, you are also influencing the flight model with trim commands, but only in a much less sophisticated way. The correct procedure in all 3 of the good helicopter modules is always press and hold trim button when moving the cyclic, release when done.

Edited by Alec Delorean
  • Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

12 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

friction based springless mechanism (move it off center and it stays there)

Yes. that. You can adjust the tension based on your own preferences with simple tools.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Thanks for the info. I'm also eyeballing the Komodo cyclic, which seems to work the same way and i like that they are selling single components instead of a whole set like the PUMA system.

Edited by RealDCSpilot
  • Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules