Caucasus Runway Texture

I was looking for a mod for this as I found myself instinctively avoiding these grooves running down the runway.  And few mods that were made seemed to be outdated.  As always, I made this for myself and perhaps some others might find them useful.

And I bought Persian Gulf and Syria but keep finding myself coming back to Caucasus because it has most campaigns and missions.

These textures are from Syria runway textures.  I simply resized and changed repeats to match that of Caucasus.  So credit to Ugra for texture source.

BetterTextures_01.jpg

BetterTextures_02.jpg

DOWNLOAD

INSTALL:  Extract to main DCS install path or use mod manager.  Would likely cause conflict with other terrain mods that modifies runway textures.  Either merge or install this mod last.

Is it IC Safe?:  No texture mod is IC safe unless the server turns off "Require Pure Texture"

Is there performance hit?:  No, textures are same size as default.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I was looking for a mod for this as I found myself instinctively avoiding these grooves running down the runway.  And few mods that were made seemed to be outdated.  As always, I made this for myself and perhaps some others might find them useful.
And I bought Persian Gulf and Syria but keep finding myself coming back to Caucasus because it has most campaigns and missions.

These textures are from Syria runway textures.  I simply resized and changed repeats to match that of Caucasus.  So credit to Ugra for texture source.

BetterTextures_01.jpg

BetterTextures_02.jpg

DOWNLOAD  Right click and choose "Open link in new tab"

INSTALL:  Extract to main DCS install path or use mod manager.  Would likely cause conflict with other terrain mods that modifies runway textures.  Either merge or install this mod last.

Is it IC Safe?:  No texture mod is IC safe unless the server turns off "Require Pure Texture"
Is there performance hit?:  No, textures are same size as default.
Looks far better, many thanks Taz!
  • Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 2 weeks later...
Taz, any chance of a texture work to have rain soaked runways and tarmacs? 

1404807130_ethiop6.thumb.jpg.9b1de0d2c799de7f21f770b9b9320b99.jpg
1404807149_ethiop3.thumb.jpg.4ad67f1bdbac8c482eb1f69a383da131.jpg
That would be very cool. And the "wet deck" on the supercarrier as it appeared in the original promo video

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 4 weeks later...

@Taz1004MODDER OF 2020&2021!!!

BEST COMMUNITY MEMBER YOU DESERVE SOME FREE MODULS (from ED of course ) 😛

• Like 1

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black