[FIXED] Point Track does not "lock" and follow a target AND UFC digit inputs glitch

jwbflyer

2 hours ago, netizensmith said:

I have no issue with UFC digit inputs. Did it many times last night without issue, with the 65E. PT lock does soemtimes disengage; I'd assumed this was realistic but I don't know.

1) the ufc happens every time with me. Track file shows is...laser code input on AGM65E always sticks after second digit “16”, gotta clear it then it accepts “1688”. 

2) I had the Tpod zoomed in on a tank and for a very long time, continued to move the cursor over and over the tank in PT. Nothing. I tried tv and FLIR, nothing.  It’s extremely inconsistent. Then, I randomly (by accident) moved it over a FARP and PT locked and tracked a freaking harrier. 🤷‍♂️

whether it’s like the real thing is for Razbam to determine. I’m just giving them what I see and the track files 

• Like 1

For the point track it is dependent on what FOV you are in, how much zoom you are using and contrast of the vehicle. Select what you think looks the best, then toggle to point track and place your crosshair in front of the vehicle's path of travel. Once the vehicle passes through the crosshair, the point track should grab it and track the vehicle. If it does not acquire, adjust your zoom settings and/or switch camera and then try placing your crosshair in front of the vehicle once again. Rinse and repeat until you establish a track.

Edited by Tyrant07

16 hours ago, jwbflyer said:

1) the ufc happens every time with me. Track file shows is...laser code input on AGM65E always sticks after second digit “16”, gotta clear it then it accepts “1688”.

I had that happen every time before the 27th Jan patch, but now I don't remember it to happen anymore. But I have not gone through all the possible ways to input the laser code (from DMT, from EHSD etc). Need to try to do that.

16 hours ago, jwbflyer said:

2) I had the Tpod zoomed in on a tank and for a very long time, continued to move the cursor over and over the tank in PT. Nothing. I tried tv and FLIR, nothing.  It’s extremely inconsistent. Then, I randomly (by accident) moved it over a FARP and PT locked and tracked a freaking harrier. 🤷‍♂️

whether it’s like the real thing is for Razbam to determine. I’m just giving them what I see and the track files 

To achieve the Point Track is challenging. If we do have now a 4th Gen Litening (Litening 4G) then I think it should be more easy to achieve a point track and have a dynamic box inside the crosshair if there is any signal to the latest Litening.

But the Litening got just December changed from 1st Gen to 4th Gen so there is missing features like multi-point track and Picture-In-Picture (the center of the crosshair is magnified to top left corner) and some other modes, so possibly we are now having a Gen 1 symbology and we get later the proper ones.

Example the DMT requires a contrast lock (laser or visual contrast), and it does this automatically when you move it and try to acquire a target. It is not ground stabilized as it is now with perfect tracking.

In the ARBS/TV mode it is said that first the contrast is searched in the largest area of contrast in large TV acquisition gate and then when contrast is found, it is shrink to smaller tracking gate in less than 200 ms.

These tracking gates dynamic changes and movements can be seen in many youtube videos for TPOD. There are so many different kinds that it just needs to be taken as the idea how it works. But if there is anything to compare for the latest Litening version then the center small square box should grow and "pulse" around the tracked target dynamically by its contrast size. Similar way actually as now the JF-17 targeting pod has it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:08 AM, jwbflyer said:

Self explanatory.

Also, UFC digit inputs seem to glitch first attempts , clear it, and accept second attempts. This happenes when i try to input a frequency for radio, and also for AGM65E when i input laser code of 1688 it freezes on 16, have to clear it, then input 1688.

@RAZBAM_ELMO

PT Track, TDC slew, UFC digit input, bugs.trk 1.19 MB · 2 downloads

can you separate the tracks into their individual bugs you are experiencing? Regarding the PT, in DCS all sensors work as interrogators and not as you would think they should IRL. For the PT you must be in a certain zoom level to "contrast" the target as well as make sure the TPOD TDC crossed the center of the 3D model in order to achieve a PT lock.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [TRK FILE REQ.] Point Track does not "lock" and follow a target AND UFC digit inputs glitch

Current bugs:

- IR MAV does not "lock" with TDC action. I used it alot before the patch, now I cannot get them to lock at all.

- UFC digit inputs for freqs and laser codes. doesnt accept first inputs, work around is to enter any number hit CLR, then enter the desired freq or code and enter.

tracks....I will try to find the time today to create short tracks of just the bugs.

As far as Point Track, I jest chased a tank in FLIR mode on tpod and set it in front of him about 10 times in 10 minutes for one PT track.

PT is very difficult to acquire.

12 hours ago, jwbflyer said:

Current bugs:

- IR MAV does not "lock" with TDC action. I used it alot before the patch, now I cannot get them to lock at all.

- UFC digit inputs for freqs and laser codes. doesnt accept first inputs, work around is to enter any number hit CLR, then enter the desired freq or code and enter.

tracks....I will try to find the time today to create short tracks of just the bugs.

As far as Point Track, I jest chased a tank in FLIR mode on tpod and set it in front of him about 10 times in 10 minutes for one PT track.

PT is very difficult to acquire.

I would implore you to join our discord and send me a PM. That way I can set up a time and date so we can go over this issue. Not 30 minutes ago I was able to set frequency and entered a laser code to contact and spot a JTAC lase, was able to get a point track on the vehicle from 12nm, then at 6nm got an IRMAV lock first try.

Just to confirm you are doing all of this in Stable or open beta?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:22 PM, jwbflyer said:

here is the shortest track file i could make.

@RAZBAM_ELMO

open beta 

my IR MAVs were locking and doing great, next day, nothing.

Got a link to your discord?

Freq ufc bug, IR MAV no lock, .trk 2.72 MB · 1 download

got a PT track in there as well, just doesn't work as well as id like it to, but maybe thats simulating the real thing ?. 

Thanks

Discord link should be in the main RAZBAM sub thread

Different missions with different weather or same mission?

PT track IRL is notoriously difficult. Usually if thats the case its being done by a two seater or by a buddy lase/ track so one pilot doesnt have such a high workload. 

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Point Track does not "lock" and follow a target AND UFC digit inputs glitch

I usually play in MP but the weather is the same. I can drive my nose into a clearly distinguished target and never get a lock with IR mavs. 

Two hours ago I experienced the sidearm not locking again. This seems to be happening on subsequent launches. Clear LOS to target and I drove that damn thing in just to see how stupidly close I could get until a lock...never locked. That track file is too long.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:30 AM, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

For the PT you must be in a certain zoom level to "contrast" the target as well as make sure the TPOD TDC crossed the center of the 3D model in order to achieve a PT lock.

What is that "Certain zoom level"?

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

32 minutes ago, Longiron said:

Only issue I have is at times it will drop the moving target and snap onto a street light, which is not a moving target...

Oh.... You too....

As well a passing civilian traffic will become tracked one. You could think the system has enough intelligence that target does not perform 180 degree instant turn and start moving to opposite direction, but the system does recognize the original heading and speed in memory mode if something blocks the line of sight temporarily.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

4 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

Oh.... You too....

As well a passing civilian traffic will become tracked one. You could think the system has enough intelligence that target does not perform 180 degree instant turn and start moving to opposite direction, but the system does recognize the original heading and speed in memory mode if something blocks the line of sight temporarily.

Yeah I have had it hold a MT track with me doing some hard turns and tanks turning corners, always has me scratching my head when it comes back up with the tank dead center again.  😆 

1. MT is not implented yet, it works the same as PT at the moment

2. if it was implented what it would do is highlight moving targets and you can then slew TDC towards that highlight and it will get locked PT

Edited by Wisky

On 2/9/2021 at 11:00 PM, Longiron said:

Wait, then what is MT for?

Moving targets I thought.

I have always used MT for chasing tanks and always get a quick track.

Only issue I have is at times it will drop the moving target and snap onto a street light, which is not a moving target...

street lamps and other "assets in DCS are just 3D models that the sensor sees. Just the limit of DCS engine right now. 

On 2/8/2021 at 7:56 AM, SGT Coyle said:

What is that "Certain zoom level"?

a level where it may be easier to "cross" or "hit" the center of the 3D model. For instance if you try to get an IRMAV lock on a radio tower, its center is actually half way up the mast and not at the base where you would normally aim.

On 2/8/2021 at 5:55 AM, jwbflyer said:

I usually play in MP but the weather is the same. I can drive my nose into a clearly distinguished target and never get a lock with IR mavs. 

Two hours ago I experienced the sidearm not locking again. This seems to be happening on subsequent launches. Clear LOS to target and I drove that damn thing in just to see how stupidly close I could get until a lock...never locked. That track file is too long.

again, I encourage you to reach out to me VIA discord so I can work 1 on 1 with you

22 minutes ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

a level where it may be easier to "cross" or "hit" the center of the 3D model. For instance if you try to get an IRMAV lock on a radio tower, its center is actually half way up the mast and not at the base where you would normally aim.

So, you're not talking about a "Certain level of zoom" your talking about a level of zoom that allows you to see the object in sufficient detail to find the center mass.  It really doesn't work of contrast.  That's what I here you saying.
OK, I can work with that.
Have a nice day.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

IR mav lock procedure has changed intentionally or unintentionally - must be out of TPOD des, and in INR for IR mav to lock. Double click sss to do so.

The erratic tdc slew was because I was in INR and not tpod des.

The only REAL bug in this thread is the ufc key input bug unless im doing something wrong. already a trackfile for that.

@RAZBAM_ELMO

On 2/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, SGT Coyle said:

So, you're not talking about a "Certain level of zoom" your talking about a level of zoom that allows you to see the object in sufficient detail to find the center mass.  It really doesn't work of contrast.  That's what I here you saying.
OK, I can work with that.
Have a nice day.

Yes, thats how ED have their logic working for PT tracks. IR doesnt work as it should IRL instead the sensor works as an interogator in the 3D space and asks the game if there is an object or if there is not.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:19 AM, jwbflyer said:

IR mav lock procedure has changed intentionally or unintentionally - must be out of TPOD des, and in INR for IR mav to lock. Double click sss to do so.

The erratic tdc slew was because I was in INR and not tpod des.

The only REAL bug in this thread is the ufc key input bug unless im doing something wrong. already a trackfile for that.

@RAZBAM_ELMO

So your still having issues with the inputs into the UFC. Specifically with the laser code or with any and all inputs?

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, still having issues with ufc inputs. I think i only get the issue when i try to input a frequency and laser code. Its like the first input is never accepted, so my work around is hit any number, then clear, then input the freq and hit enter. Always takes the input after the first clear.

Edited by jwbflyer

are you binding them to a controller button box or via the in game key bind or are you using the mouse and clicking them. Im understanding then that you are not having PT issues anymore?

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [FIXED] Point Track does not "lock" and follow a target AND UFC digit inputs glitch