Rating... well 10/10 no... 12/10

Hi boys,

Just started this campaign and I must say : AWESOME!

I love all ideas :

- mission lenght : perfect

- mission compulsories : great! So true! Like in real life, we can fail or cope a mission.

- sound :  Amazing!

- Difficulty : just what I'm able to do. A bit challenging sometimes, but not impossible so far. Just perfect.

I'm pretty sure I'll start this campaign again and again, because I love it and I love the F-86. Not to much weapons systems to memorize, 1000 switches every where to arm bombs etc...

Cheers

Daniel

22 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

Is that AA better now? When I initially tried this campaign (before the latest OB patch) all of my wingmen got shot down quickly and were never able to help me.

Not a knock on you, Reflected. Your campaigns are great.

Do you know which mission that was?

Well,

I prefer without hesitation ground attack. I do not like fight, because without VR it's quick hard to follow airplanes in a dogfight, even if a won the dogfight in mission 2 💪.

And no problem in mission 2 with AA. My wingmen deal well with the AA...

Cheers

• 1 year later...

I just finished the campaign. I vastly preferred the fighter stuff, I managed to miss even the dam with the bombs! Shot down a out sixteen MIGs in all I think. The penultimate ride was huge fun, difficult too, chasing the fokker through the clouds and rain.

Loved this campaign. Flight time and difficulty were perfect.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• 1 month later...

I concur, this was a most excellent campaign! I was concerned after reading all the complains of the Sabre module being "abandonware," but each Hunters mission ran perfectly. It's great to see older campaigns continuing to see love and attention well after they have been released. I especially enjoyed the numerous surprises that got thrown my way; and not just the expected MiG ambush either. It really is a shame that Korea has been mostly ignored in the DCS world, the topography of this map makes it so much more interesting to fly than the Channel.

The Sabre creates some interesting problems for the pilot, it's a go-fast-in-straight lines kind of plane and has pretty rudimentary weapons (dumb bombs, rockets, and practically dumb A/A missiles). Fortunately the enemy MiGs have very similar capabilities, so the encounters in Hunters can be pretty challenging. Not a campaign issue, but I do wish the AI wingmen were programmed such that we could better take advantage of them in combat; any dogfight quickly becomes a furball with every pilot on their own.

The only disappointment for me was that the mission that was hinted at from the beginning, and I expected to be the most challenging, was actually the easiest of the entire campaign.

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 2:28 AM, Pyrocumulous said:

I concur, this was a most excellent campaign! I was concerned after reading all the complains of the Sabre module being "abandonware," but each Hunters mission ran perfectly. It's great to see older campaigns continuing to see love and attention well after they have been released. I especially enjoyed the numerous surprises that got thrown my way; and not just the expected MiG ambush either. It really is a shame that Korea has been mostly ignored in the DCS world, the topography of this map makes it so much more interesting to fly than the Channel.

The Sabre creates some interesting problems for the pilot, it's a go-fast-in-straight lines kind of plane and has pretty rudimentary weapons (dumb bombs, rockets, and practically dumb A/A missiles). Fortunately the enemy MiGs have very similar capabilities, so the encounters in Hunters can be pretty challenging. Not a campaign issue, but I do wish the AI wingmen were programmed such that we could better take advantage of them in combat; any dogfight quickly becomes a furball with every pilot on their own.

The only disappointment for me was that the mission that was hinted at from the beginning, and I expected to be the most challenging, was actually the easiest of the entire campaign.

Oh I’ve just seen this. Thank so much, I’m happy everything worked and you had fun 🙂

• Like 1