Feedback

I´m not a MP guy, so I´m happy about every SP campaign. So thx for it. 

After the first few missions, I have to say, that this attempt of a dynamic campaign within the DCS limitations is really good and more than I have expected. Good voice overs and mission design with a realistic setting. 

I´m not surprised, that the campaign is bugged and broken because of any DCS issues and problems, as this is unfortunately the normality.

Exept the known issue with the markers and changing rules, there are also some things, which I would change:

First the overwhelming comms from all flights on one frequency. DCS- AWACS overlaps Campaign- AWACS and vice versa. They are talking at the same time and nobody understands anything.

Missing subtitles is also bit of an issue, at least for me.

The shown subtitles are way to big, at least for VR. They take the whole image and sometimes they are not shown in the full length. So you don´t get coordinates for the next mission.

Even for experienced DCS users, it´s hard to know how to proceed with all the F10 comms and what you have to order your flights/what they do automatic without a proper tutorial or "how to" manual.

The Wingman is completely useless. Don´t know, if this is a DCS bug (again 😏) or if this is a campaign issue, but he doesn´t react to any given order. He is on the same frequency but ignores everything and flies stupidly beside the player. I know, DCS- AI is more Artificial Imprudent than Artificial  Intelligence but this is not the normal behaviour of an DCS wingman.

Otherwise I´m looking forward to the remaining missions and appreciate all your efforts. Keep up the good work!

Hi, thanks so much for your purchase and valuable feedback. 

We are currently improving the messages for VR purposes and hopefully they are now suiting better. 

The task assigment feature is now also changed internally and should be available soon.

As far for tutorials, you shall see more videos and posts with guides that should fill the gap but we believe that once the players get used of the process, it's easy to follow.

It's just that it's recently introduced. As this is a new gameplay style we appreciate all the feedback to improve it and take advantage of its replayability.

Thanks again

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Great campaign. I was waiting very long for something like this. I bought it at day one.

Ofcourse there are some known issues with trigger zones not showing up and messages for VR are too long but overall it's fun even in this state.

However I've found couple small other issues too. In the end of first two missions marshal gives me case III holding (21 DME / Angel 6) opposite heading to FB which is very close to the hills in proximity of Batumi, some dangerously high for the lowest stack (especially in the night time). Shouldn't we get holding with offset from final bearing? Probably it's DCS problem but if so maybe carrier should be moved further away from from the shore.

In second mission my wingman crashed to me on decending to 6000ft while RTB. It happened three times in a row (thankfully third time ended without any damage to my plane, however wingman ejected).

Thanks for your work. Much appreciate it.

• Like 1

Thought I might as well make use of this thread, to also post my initial feedback (after flying a few missions)

First of all I agree with pretty much everything @das Rindvieh mentioned. Although I'd like to make a slight nuance.

Yes, about when I reached the rendezvous waypoint (WP1) the comms went overwhelming. Even though I was hardly able to follow anything said over the radios, it did create a very immersive experience. I can imagine that irl comms can also "explode" sometimes when thing get really hot. So, I kinda liked it actually. I think though, that the timing of it all was a bit off. I mean, I didn't even have time to check in with Darkstar because of all the chatter.

That gets me to my first bit of new feedback: In general I think the carrier group and the rendezvous point are way to close to the action (at least during the first 2 missions). I understand this might be difficult to improve at this point for this campaign, but maybe you could take this in consideration for any future campaigns.

Also, the first "real" mission (I mean mission 3), is quite extreme, especially for beginners I think. About 5 allied aircraft, including Fish, where shot down within 15 minutes after I reached waypoint 1. While I'm not a beginner in the Hornet, I didn't have time to properly react or engage enemies before they shot down my friendlies.

3rd bit of feedback: It would be nice if you could add TACAN and ICLS info on the kneeboard. Eventually I found them in the left corner on the kneeboard page with the area of operations map. But the text is extremely tiny for us VR users. It would be nice to have them clearly readable on the mission data kneeboard page.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

57 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Thought I might as well make use of this thread, to also post my initial feedback (after flying a few missions)

First of all I agree with pretty much everything @das Rindvieh mentioned. Although I'd like to make a slight nuance.

Yes, about when I reached the rendezvous waypoint (WP1) the comms went overwhelming. Even though I was hardly able to follow anything said over the radios, it did create a very immersive experience. I can imagine that irl comms can also "explode" sometimes when thing get really hot. So, I kinda liked it actually. I think though, that the timing of it all was a bit off. I mean, I didn't even have time to check in with Darkstar because of all the chatter.

That gets me to my first bit of new feedback: In general I think the carrier group and the rendezvous point are way to close to the action (at least during the first 2 missions). I understand this might be difficult to improve at this point for this campaign, but maybe you could take this in consideration for any future campaigns.

Also, the first "real" mission (I mean mission 3), is quite extreme, especially for beginners I think. About 5 allied aircraft, including Fish, where shot down within 15 minutes after I reached waypoint 1. While I'm not a beginner in the Hornet, I didn't have time to properly react or engage enemies before they shot down my friendlies.

3rd bit of feedback: It would be nice if you could add TACAN and ICLS info on the kneeboard. Eventually I found them in the left corner on the kneeboard page with the area of operations map. But the text is extremely tiny for us VR users. It would be nice to have them clearly readable on the mission data kneeboard page.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! 

We plan to add more features and update the campaign based on suggestions due to its replayability. 

Wish you enjoy the rest of it 🙂

Greg

5 minutes ago, gregzagk said:

Thanks a lot for your feedback! 

We plan to add more features and update the campaign based on suggestions due to its replayability. 

Wish you enjoy the rest of it 🙂

Greg

I do enjoy it 🙂 

Sorry for only mentioning the "flaws". Obviously this campaign is next level mission editing :thumbup:

Just flown another (short) CAP mission (lost count already, but I think it was my 3rd mission) and something peculiar happened. After I received the message that all enemy air assets where destroyed I went RTB. About half way back to mother, all my flight members started crashing. First Hooters suddenly called "ejecting!", then Trimmer went down. There were no enemies at the time, so I checked out what they were doing in the F2 view. It seems they where flying really really low over mountainous terrain. I went back in my cockpit for carrier landing and during my approach, Fish and Pickles also crashed. (maybe their waypoint altitudes are set too low?)

I'm afraid I totally forgot to save the track... :doh:

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

16 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

I think they ran out of fuel. AI is pretty weak with fuel management and when they run out of it they simply eject.

Highly likely yes. One important factor to increase their survivability is to avoid adding heavy payload (e.g. more than one type of a-g weapons). This way they won't have to stay longer over the area of operations trying to launch the weapons. This would lead to higher fuel consumption plus risk of getting shot down.

Also please check the RTB options through the F10 radio menu 😉

Greg

5 hours ago, gregzagk said:

Highly likely yes. One important factor to increase their survivability is to avoid adding heavy payload (e.g. more than one type of a-g weapons). This way they won't have to stay longer over the area of operations trying to launch the weapons. This would lead to higher fuel consumption plus risk of getting shot down.

Also please check the RTB options through the F10 radio menu 😉

Greg

I did gave them 3 fuel tanks each, but they probably got jettisoned upon first enemy contact...

Will the death of Tripper, Fish, Hooters and Pickles affect the campaign?

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention yesterday. At some point in the middle of my mission, framerate dropped to single digit fps. This went on for about 5 minutes and then everything went back to normal. I never had this before.

Rest of the mission I had fps in the 45+

(I'm not running any mods)

System specs:

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

I did gave them 3 fuel tanks each, but they probably got jettisoned upon first enemy contact...

Will the death of Tripper, Fish, Hooters and Pickles affect the campaign?

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention yesterday. At some point in the middle of my mission, framerate dropped to single digit fps. This went on for about 5 minutes and then everything went back to normal. I never had this before.

Rest of the mission I had fps in the 45+

(I'm not running any mods)

Thank you, will go through the frame drop report. It could be of something spawning at that moment or so. 

Your squadmates are designed this way that are not going KIA but MIA instead 🙂

So it affects the campaign by increasing the enemy's morale (so more activity from the other side).

The campaign is making calculations in the background with various variables so each loss, kill but also other factors (air superiority etc) are affecting the progress.

Your squadmates will be there in the next missions, simulating that they were rescued by a CSAR mission.

We preferred to design it this way so that they won't miss in future missions. 

Greg

• Like 1

I'm up to Sortie 18 through my first campaign now and have started to notice some common issuer; I fully realise some of these are limitations of the game but others are fixable.

• Lt Pickles given 'CAP Charlie' tasking is assigned 'CAS' in error
  • AI Fuel management is a major pain; even with 3 tanks and minimal loading 9/10 will end up showing as losses.  I even tested giving all 4 flights an RTB right after the AWACS check-in and it was 50/50 that they got back safely.  Maybe we need a Go-Refuel order?  Not sure what can be done to fix this given the AI.
  • SEAD flights end up flying around at 50ft if given a mixed loadout (AGM88's and Mavs) and eventually get shot down by AAA.
  • CAP Bravo tasking sometimes has the flight fly at 6000ft to the Bravo AOR, often getting SAM'd on the way.  Should climb to 25,000 minimum before transit.
  • As mentioned above, CASEIII landings direct you to Marshall too close the mountains, either move the carrier further NorthWest or adjust the approach bearing to make it over the sea.
  • Can confirm the framedrops; seems to be correlated to being A2A radar spiked by a Mig23.  As soon as the radar contact is dropped (usually though killing the target) it returns to normal.
  • Interception misson; had 2 of these now that have had 0 bandits spawn and end up flagging as poor results.  Even watched the Track and through TacView to see if I was doing something wrong but seems to be a problem with the triggers.

All that said, thoroughly enjoying it so far, hope for incremental improvements to come along and make it even better.

45 minutes ago, flaashheart said:

I'm up to Sortie 18 through my first campaign now and have started to notice some common issuer; I fully realise some of these are limitations of the game but others are fixable.

• Lt Pickles given 'CAP Charlie' tasking is assigned 'CAS' in error
  • AI Fuel management is a major pain; even with 3 tanks and minimal loading 9/10 will end up showing as losses.  I even tested giving all 4 flights an RTB right after the AWACS check-in and it was 50/50 that they got back safely.  Maybe we need a Go-Refuel order?  Not sure what can be done to fix this given the AI.
  • SEAD flights end up flying around at 50ft if given a mixed loadout (AGM88's and Mavs) and eventually get shot down by AAA.
  • CAP Bravo tasking sometimes has the flight fly at 6000ft to the Bravo AOR, often getting SAM'd on the way.  Should climb to 25,000 minimum before transit.
  • As mentioned above, CASEIII landings direct you to Marshall too close the mountains, either move the carrier further NorthWest or adjust the approach bearing to make it over the sea.
  • Can confirm the framedrops; seems to be correlated to being A2A radar spiked by a Mig23.  As soon as the radar contact is dropped (usually though killing the target) it returns to normal.
  • Interception misson; had 2 of these now that have had 0 bandits spawn and end up flagging as poor results.  Even watched the Track and through TacView to see if I was doing something wrong but seems to be a problem with the triggers.

All that said, thoroughly enjoying it so far, hope for incremental improvements to come along and make it even better.

Many thanks! 🙂

- At the moment fixing the Framerate drop, yes it seems related with a specific package that spawns. 

Checking the rest and shall provide updated files to ED this week. 

About the AI Fuel management, could you please let us know about the payload you use to add? 

Is it mixed (e.g. bombs & mavericks) or so? Thanks in advance

Greg

Edited by gregzagk
  • Like 1

It could be helpful if we could direct wingman’s to land/refuel at friendly airports. 

On 2/1/2021 at 11:59 AM, gregzagk said:

Hi, thanks so much for your purchase and valuable feedback. 

We are currently improving the messages for VR purposes and hopefully they are now suiting better. 

The task assigment feature is now also changed internally and should be available soon.

As far for tutorials, you shall see more videos and posts with guides that should fill the gap but we believe that once the players get used of the process, it's easy to follow.

It's just that it's recently introduced. As this is a new gameplay style we appreciate all the feedback to improve it and take advantage of its replayability.

Thanks again

Greg

I agree with you about the tutorials. It took some forum reading and plane old trial&errors but once over that, it’s pretty straight forward. 

First of all, thank you for this great campain. Really enjoying it!

I can confirm that I have seen strange AI behaviour too. After commanding other flights to RTB, they are descending extremely low while traveling directly through the AO. One package was shot down by Shorads and another one was doing a low level rush and crashed into some trees 😁 

Is it possible to adjust their flight height while returning to the carrier?

CPU: i9 9900K@5GHz

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC

HMD: Valve Index

RAM: 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4

HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR Pedals + Thrustmaster Warthog

17 minutes ago, DCS_Thor said:

First of all, thank you for this great campain. Really enjoying it!

I can confirm that I have seen strange AI behaviour too. After commanding other flights to RTB, they are descending extremely low while traveling directly through the AO. One package was shot down by Shorads and another one was doing a low level rush and crashed into some trees 😁 

Is it possible to adjust their flight height while returning to the carrier?

Thanks, we have improved behavious internally and will soon send the updated files to ED.

Currently you unfortunately can't set their altitude. Did you use the RTB options once out of X weapons? 

This option tends to work better than just ask them to RTB 😉

Greg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gregzagk said:

Thanks, we have improved behavious internally and will soon send the updated files to ED.

Currently you unfortunately can't set their altitude. Did you use the RTB options once out of X weapons? 

This option tends to work better than just ask them to RTB 😉

Greg

how  does  one  update,  or  does  it  automatically  does it  when  ed  updates  dcs?

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

how  does  one  update,  or  does  it  automatically  does it  when  ed  updates  dcs?

Yes, the updates are going only through the official ED's DCS updates. 

Greg

• 1 month later...

I have also noticed that AI even on ACE while doing SEAD is poor - I load SEAD with only two AGM84E - and first aircraft fires missile and then cotninues flying in straight line directly over AA ...Second ac just follows first and doesn not fire...

What is proper procedure to send SEAD flight to do the SEAD?  After begining of mission when i assign the to SEAD - how to order them to proceed to attack? Do i have to order them, or they are departing RV point on their own? Or do i  tell them to go to cap through F10 menu?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

On 3/23/2021 at 1:09 PM, hreich said:

I have also noticed that AI even on ACE while doing SEAD is poor

the SEAD task is notoriously terrible in DCS.

when building missions, its generally recommended to use Attack unit instead.

not sure what the campaign authors use, or if they even can (given the mission structure) use alternatives.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

First of all. Thank you for your great camp. Love it. But I have experinced a problem. I can not end the mission after succesessfully completed it. When I quit after debrifing and hit the end mission button, nothing  happens. Any suggestion how to fix this problem?

1 hour ago, fsktha said:

Hi

First of all. Thank you for your great camp. Love it. But I have experinced a problem. I can not end the mission after succesessfully completed it. When I quit after debrifing and hit the end mission button, nothing  happens. Any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Hey, thank you. Yes indeed it's a bug affecting all campaigns. We will add a skip function in case it's not fixed soon.

As a workaround in case this happens again:

As Op. Pontus campaign uses the campaign progress code, you can actually continue by running the same stage and input the new code you got in the end of your last mission. 

If this keeps happening you can advance to the next stage by inputting your code, takeoff and then land. In these cases, the "end mission" seems working cause there are no events.

Thanks again 

Greg

I really liked the first(second) scripted mission , voices are fantastic. Thats the kind of stuff I love. I'm still fighting with mission 3 at the moment.

I respect the amount of work you put in this. This is huge.

I think ED should support you way more. I have the feeling you are building castles but are only given sticks.

The whole setup and planning of each mission takes a lot of time and is tricky. When DCS crashes or I stop playing I have to redo the loadouts for every flight in the planner. Each time I die I need to reenter the code, assign tasks, assign RTB conditions. I know you are not responsible for this and that the mission designer is like this, but for me with limited playtime I find this very frustrating and time consuming. I also miss clear objectives for the mission and criterias for a succesful flight. 

I'm still happy to support you and I think I will wait for the announced upgrade to go further with the campaign.

• Thanks 1

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle