Can we have ASM for Su-25A please?

J-20

Recently I heard a humor that ED is considering making ASM for MiG-29A.
Is there a chance to do the same for Su-25A? Su-25A is an older plane than MiG-29A. If MiG-29A is doable, there shouldn't be a problem for Su-25A, right?

• Like 7

Yeah, I suspect that they didn't think there'd be much of a market for it, but it should be OK with the Russians, at least. It's an old plane, but it gets the job done. It's basically a fixed wing Mi-24P, right down to the armament. It trades SACLOS missiles for laser-guided ones, but that's about it. The FC3 one is quite fun to fly, I'd love to see it in full fidelity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Yeah, I suspect that they didn't think there'd be much of a market for it, but it should be OK with the Russians, at least. It's an old plane, but it gets the job done. It's basically a fixed wing Mi-24P, right down to the armament. It trades SACLOS missiles for laser-guided ones, but that's about it. The FC3 one is quite fun to fly, I'd love to see it in full fidelity.

We really need more attacker planes. Right now, the only one we have are A-10C, AV-8. Since I heard that Deka will not make Q-5, the red side really need an attacker.
Also, I hope they can make ASM for A-10A too.
If Su-25T is doable, it will be great too.

Edited by J-20
  • Like 1

Su-25T is a cool design, but only 8 were made. It is basically a Su-25 with Shkval from Ka-50 bolted onto the nose, so it shouldn't be that hard to make, as far as the information goes. However, it also has some SEAD/EW capabilities that might put it out of reach for full fidelity.

• Thanks 1

Su-25 would be a day one purchase for me but I think a faster platform like the MiG-27 or Su-17/22 would be an even better choice. It would give red fast strike/SEAD capabilities that it currently lacks. The level of complexity is similar to a Su-25 - most of the systems are similar and since the Su-25's FM is the oldest in DCS, it would probably need to be redone.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, J-20 said:

If Su-25T is doable, it will be great too.

Having spent a great deal of time in that plane in my early days... I can see why they didn't make more of them. Shkval aside, the T is a real piece of crap, and the idea of hanging big bricks of ATGMs off a fixed wing plane is totally backasswards. What works on a helo is not so great on a jet flying 3-4x as fast.

An updated 25A, like the SMs would be ideal. Fly decent, have....... well, they're really not that different from an A, afaik. Better Garmin bolted to the dash maybe?

If a Shkval is absolutely necessary, I'd rather have a MiG-27... *sigh*

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Kazansky222 said:

tbh I'd be much more interested in an Su-17/20/22

I think I saw one of the devs around here considering a Su-17/22 but I don't remember which it was. A few days ago I made a list of every aircraft in dev or mentioned as being worked on/planned, but didn't keep track of who said what.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Mars Exulte said:

I think I saw one of the devs around here considering a Su-17/22 but I don't remember which it was. A few days ago I made a list of every aircraft in dev or mentioned as being worked on/planned, but didn't keep track of who said what.

I think M3 teased an Su-17/20/22, but it wasn't obvious. Let me see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Yeah it was their Christmas 2020 update, the aircraft kinda looks like it could be an Su-17/20/22.

But anyway +1 for a full fidelity Su-25 [Frogfoot A] 

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 hours ago, Kazansky222 said:

tbh I'd be much more interested in an Su-17/20/22

A high speed attack plane with quick engagement and then back to base doesn't sound so interesting as Su-25A with more of a battlefield circling.

It although does have interesting capability....

https://i.imgur.com/RIDaJ36.mp4

Su-17 rearward gun.jpg

You could have gunpods firing backwards... 

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The first classic Su-25A was produced in hundreds and used in extensively in real combat. What is more it's short range manual dumb weapon aiming, like gun pods, rockets, bombs and maneuvering under enemy fire is adding a lot compared with long range guided modern missiles which employment doesn't include pilot skill. Similar situation with classic A-10A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

su-25 (non t) is a very beautiful ugly plane. first day buy. But T version is ugly ugly, so no buy for me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

On 5/25/2021 at 4:51 AM, kseremak said:

The first classic Su-25A was produced in hundreds and used in extensively in real combat. What is more it's short range manual dumb weapon aiming, like gun pods, rockets, bombs and maneuvering under enemy fire is adding a lot compared with long range guided modern missiles which employment doesn't include pilot skill. Similar situation with classic A-10A.

The upgraded "SM" version of the Su-25A has way more weapon deployment capabilities as well as the MFD's and upgraded navigation and avionics.

https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2017/03/10/su-25sm-today/

19 hours ago, MonasheeBlue said:

(...) as well as the MFD's and upgraded navigation and avionics.

That's the part i like the least to be honest... MFD, GPS navigation, guided modern weapons = close to no pilot skill involved. No need to even go close to the target. Automation is doing everything.

When Soviet Su-25A is a jet powered armored IL-2 Sturmovik with pilot's skill doing all the job, navigating, dodging AAA, aiming dumb weapon, landing damaged aircraft. The art of war.

Edited by kseremak
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

I found on the roadmap says:

1. Su-25T Update (in progress) (2022+) (+AFM/SSM)
    1. New PBR cockpit
    2. New external Model

Anyone know what this PBR cockpit is about?

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

32 minutes ago, PLAAF said:

I found on the roadmap says:

1. Su-25T Update (in progress) (2022+) (+AFM/SSM)
    1. New PBR cockpit
    2. New external Model

Anyone know what this PBR cockpit is about?

It's just an updated rendering technique to get rid of things like baked-in reflections and faked shadows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧