Changing the default livery to a blanc grey default livery (Remove the doubled Gamblers skin)

CanopyJettison

Hey,

the default livery for our beloved Fighting Falcon is a second Gamblers livery.

Would it be possible to change it to a blanc grey livery like the default skin for the Hornet?

There is an own Gamblers livery with better textures already included, so the default livery could be changed without any loss.

This would be useful if you fly for a diffrent country which has no liveries (because maybe it never had f16s).

For example if I fly for Sweden, I dont want to use an US air force skin, because it is the default.

There must a a blanc default livery to choose if you dont fly something country specific.

Would love to see this coming.

I think this is not hard to implement.

Thanks so much.

• Like 2

+1, it's more consistent with the F-5E-3 and F/A-18C to have the 'USA Standard' and 'default' be essentially a blank, unmarked skin, with the basic colours and dynamic numbers and that's it.

Right now the default skin and the 77th "Gamblers" (Shaw AFB) are essentially identical (though the latter might be higher quality (though I haven't personally noticed the difference).

In fact I think every aircraft should have a blank (i.e unmarked but base colours and numbers) livery available (like the F/A-18C's 'default' livery) as they're more usable as templates. 

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Northstar98:

+1, it's more consistent with the F-5E-3 and F/A-18C to have the 'USA Standard' and 'default' be essentially a blank, unmarked skin, with the basic colours and dynamic numbers and that's it.

Right now the default skin and the 77th "Gamblers" (Shaw AFB) are essentially identical (though the latter might be higher quality (though I haven't personally noticed the difference).

In fact I think every aircraft should have a blank (i.e unmarked but base colours and numbers) livery available (like the F/A-18C's 'default' livery) as they're more usable as templates. 

Agreed.

I think its not much effort to swap the "Default Livery" from gamblers to a blank unmarked skin like the Hornet and Tiger.

Maybe we can get this for the next patch.

Hope the F-16 ED Teams has a look on this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CanopyJettison said:

Agreed.

I think its not much effort to swap the "Default Livery" from gamblers to a blank unmarked skin like the Hornet and Tiger.

Maybe we can get this for the next patch.

Hope the F-16 ED Teams has a look on this.

I might give it a go in GIMP, shouldn't take too long, I'm essentially only removing squadron markings.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

12 minutes ago, CanopyJettison said:

Yes, but this should be done officially by ED within the nextpatch/update.

Please ED, take a look.

I agree, I just wanted to see how tricky it would be.

• Like 1

System:

I agree on this topic.

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

• 2 weeks later...