F-16C Sim controls vs F-16C_50_Easy in missions

TGL

Hi,

Started playing DCS in VR some weeks ago and I'm having a blast. Bought the F-16 immediately and started the learning courses designed for it. However, I'm having issues with my controls when flying missions as they only allow me to use the F-16C_50_easy controls / version of the jet. I rather enjoy the more complex and detailed controls of the F-16C Sim version.

This leads to my question; is it possible to have the full simulator controls for a mission flight, or is gameplay in mission mode limited to a simplified set of rules (/controls)? I guess the same question applies to multiplayer when I eventually embark on that adventure. 

Appreciate all feedback!

F16C Controls.png

• Like 1

It might be possible to limit gameplay in a mission, but as far as I know, I thought that the full fidelity versions of aircraft are used as a default. Check in your game settings in the main menu, should be a tab called gameplay, make sure "Game Flight Mode" and "Game Avionics Mode" are not enabled. That might solve your problem.

Modules

Combined Arms, Super Carrier, A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, F-14, ,F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, P-51, Su-25, Su-27, MiG-21, MiG-29, Ajs-37, UH-1H, Ka-50, Sa-342

Terrains

Nevada Test and Training Range, The Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, Syria

@TGL: Missions can be set to use  game mode. To check for these settings in the mission editor:

- Open the mission in ME

- Open the menu item "CUSTOMIZE". This opens a dropdown list.

- Select "MISSION OPTIONS". This opens a tab showing a large number of mission options.

Among these options you find "Game avionic mode" and "Game flight mode". Make sure these are not ticked.

Note: the stock missions from ED are stored in the game folder. If you want to modify missions, better copy them to Saved Games.

That's because modified files in the game folder are restored to original state during Update or Repair.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@ak12546 and @LeCuvier

Thank you both for your swift response and suggestions! 

However, my settings is set like you suggest as per below screenshots, yet it provides no fix to the problem. The drop down menu in the ME only lists one model of the F-16, and this is the one with the simplified controls.

Could it be possible that I need to move the aircraft model manually into a certain folder like some people do with addon aircraft? I simply purchased the F-16 in through the steam menu and had it automatically installed.

Screenshot 2021-02-04 212146.png

Screenshot 2021-02-04 211854.png

Screenshot 2021-02-04 211848.png

Well, you got me on this one. I am not sure what is causing your issue, If you have any mods, you could try disabling them. You could also try a game repair, or uninstall the F-16 and reinstall it.

Modules

Combined Arms, Super Carrier, A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, F-14, ,F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, P-51, Su-25, Su-27, MiG-21, MiG-29, Ajs-37, UH-1H, Ka-50, Sa-342

Terrains

Nevada Test and Training Range, The Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, Syria

@TGL: Can you elaborate on this statement " I'm having issues with my controls when flying missions as they only allow me to use the F-16C_50_easy controls ".

How does this limitation manifest itself? And do you have full sim mode in the training  lessons? That would be a very strange situation.

On your screenshot I do not see any bindings for sim mode. Have you entered the bindings for sim mode?

I'm not familiar with Steam, but it shouldn't matter if you bought the sim directly from ED or via Steam.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5