Which wheel stand for VR?

For anyone using a wheel stand for a warthog HOTAS, and VR which one of the wheel stand do you have?  Pro with the 3 different mounting plates or the regular one with the one large plate that holds the throttle and stick?

Amazon.com: Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog Wheel Stand Compatible with Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Saitek Pedals. Pedals/Mouse/Keyboard/Throttles not Included.: Computers & Accessories

I was leaning towards the pro, but with vr, I dont know if it would be overkill as I wouldnt need more than the one plate of the (cheaper) regular version.  However, if anyone has the single plate and thinks the stick and throttle are too close together, then that would sway my opinion as well.  Any and all hints/tips with this product are GREATLY appreciated.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

On 2/2/2021 at 6:17 PM, LC34 said:

For anyone using a wheel stand for a warthog HOTAS, and VR which one of the wheel stand do you have?  Pro with the 3 different mounting plates or the regular one with the one large plate that holds the throttle and stick?

Amazon.com: Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog Wheel Stand Compatible with Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Saitek Pedals. Pedals/Mouse/Keyboard/Throttles not Included.: Computers & Accessories

I was leaning towards the pro, but with vr, I dont know if it would be overkill as I wouldnt need more than the one plate of the (cheaper) regular version.  However, if anyone has the single plate and thinks the stick and throttle are too close together, then that would sway my opinion as well.  Any and all hints/tips with this product are GREATLY appreciated.

that is an interesting setup. It seems to be able to adjusted. I currently use my son's next level racing stand combined with Foxx mounts for my TM stick and throttle. The throttle pushes my left left in and it uncomfortable and I am not aligned with the rudder pedals. see my picture.

I think you might have giving me an alternative to buying an expensive 80/20 setup. I need to figure out how to integrate my Playseat and a monitor. I want to make a VR specific setup. I now have to drag everything to my desk. it takes about 15 minutes to setup and get everything connected. 

keep us posted!

IMG-1696.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I bought the pro with the three plates and I also purchased the Warthog stick mount. I think you would find the stick and throttle two close together with the one plate. The great thing about the WheelStand is you can adjust the throttle and stick so they correspond to their locations in VR. So when you reach for the throttle you touch is where you feel it should be by "looking" at it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

That is a good point Phoenix. Question, can you move the arms laterally? Meaning wider apart?  I use a warbird base so I might have to drill some more holes. And want add a different button box, I use the MFD now for non flying functions, like specific views, kneeboard. Etc.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I built my own setup, dirt cheap, out of 2x4s. After spending so much money on a dedicated computer for VR flight sims, I wanted to keep the price of a mount as cheap as possible, while still being easy to build and sturdy.

CM1qizb.jpg

Sim Rig: Intel 12700KF, MSI RTX4090, 32GB DDR4@3200, Quest 3 headset, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals

Hey guys thanks for the replies.  I ended up ordering the three stand version.  I was worried the throttle and stick may be too close together for my liking as well.  I also figured more is better, although my wife wasn't as please as I was 🙂  I feel my setup was letting me down with the game.  I have a great stick, vr, and a good pc to run it but I wasn't playing it as much as I wanted to due to the comfort factor.  Im hoping this stand will let me be more comfortable and allow me to play longer.  Or should I say be able to LEARN more by repeating flights instead of one and done.

I tried many things before this.  I even build (badly) a few stands myself but it was always missing something.  Craftsmanship being one, and bulky being another.  I'll let you guys know how much this helps me out when it arrives.  Hopefully saturday or monday latest.  Thanks again!

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

I did the same, just ordered it this afternoon. Should come in next week Wednesday - Friday. And just picked up a Ryzen 5 5600X. It is a good day

Well it came early and I can honestly say Im very impressed.  Its sturdy, nothing moves once you have it where you want it.  Can also say thats a con as it doesnt move even when you want it to but, I'd rather it be that way.  I am not using this as a portable device.  Easy to set up, althought I wish the screws to connect the throttle and stick were a bit longer to hold the nut a bit more.  However thinking more about it, I could also see the shorter screws being better as if I put the stick lower I wont hit my knees on screws protruding out of the bottom.

I haven't used it in flight yet, but I can see this will be much more comfortable than anything I made myself.  plus its much more customizable than anything I could make myself.  I am still a little apprehensive about the price, but, glad I got the 3 plate stand instead of the one.  As of right now, I would buy it again

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

On 2/3/2021 at 9:45 PM, DutchCoolHand said:

IMG-1696.jpg

Question to the group. you see that I have a PlaySeat, it sits relatively low to the ground. When I set up my Wheel Stand Pro the Joystick is too high. So I need to raise my seat. Any suggestions what to use. I can build some wooden frame but that does not look good. I am going to check Ikea, the might have something.

Thanks

I thought about doing that too, cutting down the silver tube, I was not sure if I wanted to do that. secondly, setting it up as such would require more space. I have to figure out where to put it.

thanks for your replay

1 hour ago, TimberWolf said:

How high do you need to raise the seat? Building a box out of 2x4s would be a cheap way to do it. You can paint it black to make it less ugly.

That is what am going to do now. Later I might get some 80/20

Edited by DutchCoolHand

So spend time this weekend putting it all together. Had to find a spot where I could set it up permanently.  
here is my setup 

5U2UcDL.jpg

rYaKF9e.jpg

I am thinking about welding a frame for under the seat. It would require more welding skills than I currently have. I like a challenge 

Edited by DutchCoolHand