E2D Collides with Objects on the deck

-Quetzalcoatl-

I've seen this most in MP mission when myself and another player spawn on the deck at the same time as an AI E2D is supposed to launch and provide AWACs. I've recreated it here using a static deck object (F14) as the second player. If I can snag a clean MP track I will.

Silly_E2D.trk

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 5600X | 64GB 3200 | PowerColor AXRX 6800XT | VKB Gladiator | Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 | HP Reverb G2 |TrackIR

• ED Team

Hi

it is important to keep the taxi ways clear when using AI, there is a guide in the manual showing where those routes are located. 

hope that helps

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

But we can't control where player planes get loaded on the super carrier. In a MP mission, the F14 spot gets populated by a player entity, and the E2D gets so close you can't maneuver around it.

Edit: Also we cannot dictate that the E2D spawn and use the rear cats (that I know of)

Edited by -Quetzalcoatl-
  • Like 1

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 5600X | 64GB 3200 | PowerColor AXRX 6800XT | VKB Gladiator | Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 | HP Reverb G2 |TrackIR

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

it is important to keep the taxi ways clear when using AI, there is a guide in the manual showing where those routes are located. 

hope that helps

You removed the ability to control any of that so it doesn't really help, no. You can't keep the taxi ways clear because the AI that gets blocked is also who decides that something should block them.

• Like 2

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I will run it by the team. 

thanks 

Awesome!

We really need a system similar to how it works with airbases, where we can select what ramp position we want to start; right now it only gives us which catapult to start on (for 'start on the runway'), but as far as starting from a parking spot goes, it's totally automatic and there's no player control.

It might also help if the spots were numbered in the ME, instead of just the manual - again like airbases.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

Unfortunately the only way it will work is with the current system, the super carrier will assign spawn locations for ramp at the six pack or cheek spots if free and cats for runway start. 

The AI have to be allowed a clear route on the deck if they are being used, the best way currently is for the mission creator to manage the routes as best they can with careful planning of AI activation. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

An alternative would be if it was possible to do the exact opposite: if rather than assigning spawn points in the ME, you could disable certain points.

For all intents and purposes, the spawn logic would continue as normal except it came preset with the assumption that certain slots were already in use and could not be assigned to new spawns, but the taxi logic would just go about its business because there were no actual models blocking anything.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Unfortunately the only way it will work is with the current system, the super carrier will assign spawn locations for ramp at the six pack or cheek spots if free and cats for runway start. 

The AI have to be allowed a clear route on the deck if they are being used, the best way currently is for the mission creator to manage the routes as best they can with careful planning of AI activation. 

But why is that? Can you please explain why it is that limited? Why we cannot choose a ramp position on the boat like on the airfield. This was discussed here so many times but got never answered.

The only answer is always that it is just not possible. But sorry that is a real bummer for the carrier and obviously many people struggle with it. I don´t want a book that goes into the depth of programming but a bit of a further explanation why this apparently never was a thing the development got in mind.

So there are numbered positions (like at an airfield) in the manual and so on the carrier, why we cannot choose them in the ME?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Regarding the track and the video, the F-14B on the six pack is a static, if you place a static in any of the routes only bad things will happen. 

Screen_210204_230105.png

thanks

49 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Regarding the track and the video, the F-14B on the six pack is a static, if you place a static in any of the routes only bad things will happen. 

Screen_210204_230105.png

thanks

OP said it happens with clients too, he just used static to show the issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I'll get another TRK and video with no statics, same issue. I can also use statics to fill the front spawn points and force the E2D to the stern, which then has them use the rear cats successfully.