Mission 06 (I think) - No 'Checkpoint'

illuzian

This is for the mission where you fly through the valley/mountains and end up having to perform an emergency landing.

Not being familiar with emergency procedures in the F/A-18, with the power out loosing FBW has resulted in me end up in a couple of unrecoverable spins turning towards the airfield. In normal conditions, I can land the aircraft without issue but and I'd be happy to keep attempting this emergency landing but there's no "checkpoint" before the landing. This means every time I die I have to fly through the valley all over again. I literally quit the game after this happened a few times in frustration.

As an extra note - this might be a bug - on one of my retry take-offs at the beginning of this mission I ended up getting shot down with guns by one of the aicraft in the area shortly after take-off

DCS Dream Wishlist: 1. Better VR Performance/Performance Overall 2. Dynamic Campaign, 3. Fully Modelled: F16, F18, F14, F15, AH64, AH1, MI24, SU27, MIG29, EF Typhoon 4. Better ATC

Will add a checkpoint to MS06 in the next patch. Sorry about the frustration that it has created.

Will check, but most likely it was because of an unlucky attempt, it's DCS, a sandbox, there is only so much we can do to limit things while creating cinematics. 

Tips: For the landing, you need to be patient during final to not jerk the plane around while paying close attention to your back-up airspeed. Dont get too slow and avoid pushing on the stick, it is very easy to flip the jet upside down. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nightfall Zero said:

Has this been fixed? I see that there is a checkpoint, but it does not seem to work - the mission does not restart and I am unable to resume from the checkpoint after a fail.

Hotfix coming tonight or so (within this week), it will have a checkpoint working then. Many thanks for understanding.

On 2/27/2021 at 2:53 AM, Dav IRL said:

Yes the save point is there but not working, glad to know it's getting fixed, I was enjoying the campaign.

It should be fixed now with the new update. Let us know if it still doesn't work for you in M06, thanks!

• Like 1