Indian Su-30MKI to Red Flag '08

Kusch

The F-5's might be neat for exercises but as I see it, when it comes to real war these planes would have several shortcomings. First of all, fuel and range. Weapon carriage (2 derbies is nothing to write home about), then the grifo radar wich gives me some doubs about its reach and ECm resistance.

In a real fight those F-5's would be overrun and outgunned quickly by any other modern fighter.

For all intents and purposes the brazilian mirage 2000 albeit deprived of datalink to awacs might be in the end a more powerfull weapon.

Hummm not in the internal exercices Pilotasso...here actually the F-5EM have won all exercices

Even in the CRUZEX exercice the F-5EM have won the combat against French Mirages...

But i hope the F-5EM dont stay as the most advanced figther in Braziliam air force for so long....

we AGAIN ( and maybe till the end :) ) have opend an RFP to replace ALL active figthers in Brazil ( A1 , F-5 , F-5EM, Mirage2000 )

The actual choices are

F/A-18E/F

F-35 (Dont know if it will came with some restriction to stealth)

Su-35

Thypoon

Rafale

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, for OFF-topic..

Anyone of these is a great choice, but considering the scales of your country, the Flanker seems to be the optional one :)

How many airbases do Brasil operating?

ON: Do we know, (or able to know in futere) any results of the engagements of Red Flag?

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Sorry, for OFF-topic..

Anyone of these is a great choice, but considering the scales of your country, the Flanker seems to be the optional one :)

How many airbases do Brasil operating?

ON: Do we know, (or able to know in futere) any results of the engagements of Red Flag?

An complete relatoru will be released int Brazil....dont know if they will have the score from the engagaments

But we already have this kind of info Direct from the pilots already...but not with details of HOW they get this score

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

You can notice the new radar cone in the F-5.....and if you look very close you will find it have only one canon....The removal of the second canon and the new radar cone have to bemade to fit the new radar

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

The Força Aérea Brasileira F-5 which deployed to Nellis AFB have AAR capability.

During the 1982 Malvinas conflict, Fuerza Aérea Argentina A-4 and Super Etendard completed AAR sorties to reach their targets.

SANCARLOS.jpg

This photo illustrates how aircraft that have a small airfame profile can be a difficult target to acquire - that is proven in combat -

and it the reason why fast jets in the A-4, Kfir, F-5 category, are used for dissimilar combat training by the United States.

Back to basics, a small airframe (that is well camouflaged) is very hard to find with the Mk1 eyeball. That detail is well understood

by the front line squadrons around the World who have trained with the Aggressor Squadron.

The US still uses the F-16 and F-18's as aggressors the most. And theres is no comparison between 25 year old Mirage fighters back in the 1982 malvinas conflict with 40 year old F-5's today. Datalink or not. The agressors dont have it, most other planes today do though.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

So is the F-16, and then knife fight is only part of the equation. If a given plane has advantage BVR it will know where the F-5 is in instruments regardless, and then theres little the F-5 can do to hide, and it surely cant run.

BTW I didnt missread your message, I just think your giving too much importance on the F-5's visual profile in face of the overall picture of AA combat today.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

So is the F-16, and then knife fight is only part of the equation. If a given plane has advantage BVR it will know where the F-5 is in instruments regardless, and then theres little the F-5 can do to hide, and it surely cant run.

BTW I didnt missread your message, I just think your giving too much importance on the F-5's visual profile in face of the overall picture of AA combat today.

Im not interested in WVR combat ..im trying to know how the BVR combat work on red flag.....if some kind of limitations was in place....because 60% win ratio is much bigger then i was specting

Edited by wsoul2k

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4