A-10C II - Installation

Ryann

Hello,

I have seen the sticky topic that the A-10C II module needs original module to be installed? Is this still the case? What exactly will not work properly when installed alone?

Thanks.

CPU: i7-10700 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super 8GB | STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB | DISPLAY: LG 43UN7100 43" | STICK: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

I guess it's a licensing thing. If you just payed for the upgrade, you need the old module installed is my guess.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I installed just the "upgrade" (~1.3 GB - about the same size as the original) and everything seems to work properly so far. There are even training missions just for A-10C II. I wouldn't mind saving some space, so I wonder if it really is necessary to install the original too.

Edited by Ryann

CPU: i7-10700 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super 8GB | STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB | DISPLAY: LG 43UN7100 43" | STICK: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

I did buy what was offered in the shop. It didn't seem to be a choice there. It cost me ~20 USD before Miles discount, so I guess it is an upgrade.

Edited by Ryann

Okay, not sure what is going on then. 1.3gb seems steep for just the upgrade, so they might have found a way for it to work as standalone when you have bought the upgrade.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

As I recall it, that applied to the situation when the new A-10C II was released, but was remedied with the very first patch after that.

If the A-10C II runs fine on its own (as in: you actually have a cockpit and an aircraft and aren't looking through invisible textures or some such), you don't need the old A-10C. 😉

However, if you intend to play old campaigns that have not yet been updated, the old A-10C should always be available to you as an optional installation (I think SSDs and M2 drives are about the only kind of hardware that's not terribly overpriced these days... 😇).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...