Network extrapolator changes

• ED Team

Gentlemen, we made in 2.5.6.60720 (yes, already released 27.01.2021) some changes in multiplayer extrapolator. It will be engaged by special server option forced to all clients. Changed extrapolator was tested internally and our beta-testers  reported a reduction of desycnc effect compared to old one. So we decided to open it to users.

To enable new (changed) extrapolator server hosters have to add following parameter to 'Saved games\%DCS_SERVER%'\Config\autoexec.cfg':

netfm_enable_coeff_switching = true

This option transparently forced to all connected clients, they don't need to turn it ON. No necessary also to turn it On when you playing tracks recorded with new extrapolator.

Extrapolator changes affects net phantoms with speed higher 180 kmph, so don't expect any effects at taxiing.

• Thanks 7

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

We give possiibility to compare both options ans waiting for user's response. Old extrapolator adjustments will remains until positive feedback received from public hosters. 

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

Thanks @USSR_Rik ; could you please explain a little bit more about what the extrapolator does, and specifically what the new one changes ?

I'm willing to try it on our public server but not before I know what it's all about.

Cheers,

David.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

104th is going to try this out, well report back if we have issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Official Texture pack:

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/1221-104th-official-texture-pack/

Un-Official Roughmet Texture Pack:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303667/

Livery Creation Discord Group Invite-

https://discord.gg/bqAq2zx

• ED Team
3 hours ago, davidp57 said:

Thanks @USSR_Rik ; could you please explain a little bit more about what the extrapolator does, and specifically what the new one changes ?

I'm willing to try it on our public server but not before I know what it's all about.

The extrapolator does trajectory prediction, which is necessary for network objects, since the information about their actual position lags behind.

We came to a conclusion that we cannot have the same settings work in both taxiing and flight.

This setting enables new experimental approach when extrapolator settings depend on object's speed. This should satisfy all aircraft modes.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Air Combat Wings Servers have this option. We will back some report tests.

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

I'll give it a shot as well for the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server.

One question please:

This doesn't effect clouds being desynced, does it? You know, sometimes and while flying the Su-25 I tend to hide in the clouds to avoid being detected by bandtis. Turns out the clouds as you might already know are desynced. So while I'm flying into a big layer of clouds, to some players it looks like I've passed that layer a while ago or still approaching it. Is that the type of desync we're talking about here?

Cheers!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• ED Team

Extrapolator doesn't affect clouds.

G.K. Chesterton

5 hours ago, c0ff said:

The extrapolator does trajectory prediction, which is necessary for network objects, since the information about their actual position lags behind.

We came to a conclusion that we cannot have the same settings work in both taxiing and flight.

This setting enables new experimental approach when extrapolator settings depend on object's speed. This should satisfy all aircraft modes.

How about ground vehicles? With the old extrapolator there was immense desync when player crewed vehicles drove around corners (other cliens saw them traveling straight for a few seconds) or into a slope (other clients saw them driving through the ground momentarily).

You said, the new extrapolator bases its trajectory prediction on speed, so I assume that it works much better, not just for taxiing aircraft, but also for other ground vehicles now?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
1 minute ago, QuiGon said:

How about ground vehicles? With the old extrapolator there was immense desync when player crewed vehicles drove around corners or into a slope.

You said, the new extrapolator bases its trajectory prediction on speed, so I assume that it works much better not just for taxiing aircraft, but also for other ground vehicles?

I said it picks its settings based on speed. By itself it always took into account object's speed and acceleration.

Also, vehicles is a different story and this setting does not do anything to them.

• Thanks 1

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

I can't seem to find the mentioned autoexec.cfg

If you don’t have it, you need to create in your saved games\dcs.openbetaserver\config folder

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• ED Team

Extrapolator doesn't affect on tracers, bullets etc. It calculated A/C only.

We plan to turn it ON by default in the next update

G.K. Chesterton

On 2/8/2021 at 4:03 PM, USSR_Rik said:

Extrapolator doesn't affect on tracers, bullets etc. It calculated A/C only.

We plan to turn it ON by default in the next update

I hope did you've collected lot of feedback on this, unfortunately I was unable to test on my servers since I'm not flying so often to report if things get better or worst, anyone know if growling is actually using it? Because on growling things are definitely worst then some times ago.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

On 2/9/2021 at 5:48 PM, Maverick87Shaka said:

anyone know if growling is actually using it? Because on growling things are definitely worst then some times ago.

I am a moderator on GS server and I can tell you that we use the new extrapolator for 4 days now but I cant really report anything yet. Most people complain about the Amraam that they are too easy to defeat now but I don't know if there is a connection with the extrapolator changes.

Edited by Mike_Romeo

My skins

On 2/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, Zyll said:

in today's openbeta patch notes, there is the following line:

• MP. New network predictor for aircraft.

Safe to say that the change discussed in this thread have now gone live?

Yes is that! It's now active by default for everyone.
Dunno if can be reverted to the old algorithms somehow by autoexec.cfg

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

should we have removed the line from the autoexec.cfg file now?
We are seeing weird aircraft behavior on SoW now since the patch which we did NOT see when then extrapolator was active before the patch.

Is having it in the autoexec AND enabled by default a problem?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• ED Team

I dont think it will have any adverse effect, but you can remove it from the autoexec.cfg now. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2