3rd Party Development and AI

Grimes

Obviously not every single vehicle, aircraft, or ship currently being used by any given military will be in black shark. Some will be missing. Some modders will be interested in breaking new ground while others might be adding more countries or missing weapons to the inventory. What capabilities are planned for non-player usable items?

Is it simply a matter of selecting an AI that best fits the role of the new item or would it be something we would have to create ourselves?

I understand its probably "To be Determined" at this stage of the development, yet I think its important to let the community have an idea of what is truly possible. Also it doesn't hurt for you guys to get ideas what the 3rd party development community is interested in.

While new flyable content is obviously the most interesting side of a mod, the F-14 mod showed that there is in fact some interest in having a new model specifically for AI usage. Fact remains for non-usable intent content (tanks, ships, some helicopters) the full purpose of such objects is to add to the game world for new and different game play experiences.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 13 years later...

Wow, fourteen years later and im the fist one to reply!

Sorry that i cant be of any help 😄

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit