New GPU, Now Game Crashes

Hethdor051

I installed a new RTX3070 this week and after 10-15 minutes, multiplayer FPS will become erratic, extremely choppy and eventually crash. On MSI Afterburner, all my GPU's Power %, FPS, GPU useage, all paramters peak and valley spikes before the crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nvidia Drivers and DCS Open Beta with no effect. I believe I attached the correct log. 

dcs.log

• ED Team

Hi

please follow my crash advice 

the log shows some shader errors from an old build 

let me know if it helps 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not exactly sure what might be happening here. I've rarely have had crashes loading into DCS.

What CPU and Ram size are you running?

Here's a link to my 3070 settings, maybe this will help in some way. I do NOT have my card overclocked.

Edited by JIGGAwest
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Well what are your other spec, ram how much and what speed is it working on, which CPU, which power supply and which motherboard, something is keep back that graphics card.

Ryzen 7 1700 3.7 OC
16GB Ram 3200
RTX3070

PSU: 750W 

B350 MSI Tomahawk 

In game I double checked and I'm sitting at 15GB/16GB RAM total system useage on start up, around 8GB for DCS alone. 

Edited by Hethdor051

Hi @Hethdor051. You seem to have a memory issue:

2021-02-03 16:36:31.438 ERROR   EDCORE: Not enough memory to decmpress: f16c_cpt01.dds
  1. Get to your Windows pagefile settings
  2. Untick "Automaticallly manage paging file size..."
  3. Identify where your pagefile is stored (default is your fastest drive)
  4. Ensure you have enough free space on this drive (more than ~64 Go)
  5. Use these settings:
    • initial size: 16384
    • max size: 32768
  6. Apply.
  7. Test DCS.
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

So it seemed to improve after doing a Windows update and other suggested posted. I was about to taxi to runway on multiplayer and then my two monitors went black flickering and I could hear the sound play when you first plug in another device. It then settled out after the fluctuating GPU issue came back and my side monitor changed from portrait mode back to landscape. And my main monitor went back to 60hz when I set it to 144hz. 

Edited by Hethdor051

Do you have the "Razer Synapse 3" program installed? If so, uninstall it and see if DCS feels better.

Still no joy?

1/ Attach your dxdiag log ( how to get one )

2/ Open Windows "cmd" app, run this command:  wmic pagefile list /format:list   then paste the answer here.

3/ Run Windows Resource Monitor ("resmon" app), click on the "Disk" tab, then maximize the window (we want big screenshots to see a lot of data).

4/ Launch DCS, launch any mission, then Alt+Tab to get back to the Resource Manager.

5/ Tick "dcs.exe" in the list: now the Resource Manager will only display files being accessed by DCS.

6/ Take a few screenshots of Resource Manager. As long as the game doesn't freeze, keep playing and take a few screenshots of Resource Manager.

7/ Attach your screenshots here. They should look like this:

resmon_example.jpg

Edited by Flappie

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 9:27 AM, Flappie said:

Do you have the "Razer Synapse 3" program installed? If so, uninstall it and see if DCS feels better.

Still no joy?

1/ Attach your dxdiag log ( how to get one )

2/ Open Windows "cmd" app, run this command:  wmic pagefile list /format:list   then paste the answer here.

3/ Run Windows Resource Monitor ("resmon" app), click on the "Disk" tab, then maximize the window (we want big screenshots to see a lot of data).

4/ Launch DCS, launch any mission, then Alt+Tab to get back to the Resource Manager.

5/ Tick "dcs.exe" in the list: now the Resource Manager will only display files being accessed by DCS.

6/ Take a few screenshots of Resource Manager. As long as the game doesn't freeze, keep playing and take a few screenshots of Resource Manager.

7/ Attach your screenshots here. They should look like this:

resmon_example.jpg

AllocatedBaseSize=16384
CurrentUsage=54
Description=C:\pagefile.sys
InstallDate=20200514060028.942761+060
Name=C:\pagefile.sys
PeakUsage=1119
Status=
TempPageFile=FALSE

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot 4 Multiplayer lock up.jpg

DxDiag.txt

Thank you. Your drives response timings look good in the resource manager (~0 ms to access DCS game files on D:\, ~61 ms to access pagefile on C:\).

For some reason, there's no "Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives" section in your dxdiag log. I wanted to know if you had enough free space in your drives, and especially in your C:\ drive, since your pagefile is stored in it. Please ensure you have at least 50 GB of free space in your C:\ drive.

13 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thank you. Your drives response timings look good in the resource manager (~0 ms to access DCS game files on D:\, ~61 ms to access pagefile on C:\).

For some reason, there's no "Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives" section in your dxdiag log. I wanted to know if you had enough free space in your drives, and especially in your C:\ drive, since your pagefile is stored in it. Please ensure you have at least 50 GB of free space in your C:\ drive.

That may be an issue since my C:/ drive is my boot drive and its only 120GB SSD...I've deleted everything non-essential on it and have 31GB free space, I can't find a way to get more.

Do you have any suggestions, or does this look like an storage upgrade? 

In my opinion, W10 should be installed on a 240GB (or more) drive. If this is not an option for you, you can move your personal folders on another drive.

Is your DCS more stable now that you have 31 GB of free space? (it should)

Edited by Flappie