IP bombing in multiplayer with Jester.

Skysurfer

Today I have experimented with some lofted LGB deployment using a JTAC and the computer target delivery mode. Now, I understand how IP bombing works in singleplayer but how do you go about it in multiplayer when you dont have a human RIO and need to use Jester? Say I want to take out a high digit SAM system and can not use the manual designation method, thus relying on an IP offset delivery. Because of that I have a couple questions.

1) Am I simply missing an option or is IP bombing + offset not implemented yet with Jester? Is this planned for the future?

2) Is the maximum offset range really 99 miles, which would allow for a far away IP so you stay out of the DLZ of said high digit SAM sites?

Would love to hear some thoughts.

Edited by Skysurfer

16 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

1) Am I simply missing an option or is IP bombing + offset not implemented yet with Jester? Is this planned for the future?

There is no option for that sadly. This has been requested long ago and IIRC HB is planning to add that function but noone knows when

• Like 1

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

1 hour ago, sLYFa said:

There is no option for that sadly. This has been requested long ago and IIRC HB is planning to add that function but noone knows when

Would sure be very useful. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement honestly - could run off of any waypoint entry method with a specified bearing, range and altitude. Because that way as long as you have external lasing (either from an AI JTAC or a player in another plane, at range) and once the GBU-24 gets all its modes and a proper flight model you basically have a tremendous standoff and alpha strike capability on the Tomcat.

Edited by Skysurfer

On 2/4/2021 at 1:30 AM, Skysurfer said:

2) Is the maximum offset range really 99 miles, which would allow for a far away IP so you stay out of the DLZ of said high digit SAM sites?

I don't think it's designed for that long ranges. Mind the INS drift - it's not GPS tech - so the longer the range the less accurate it is. You have to weigh in if the drop altitude and bomb maneuvering capability can cope with that.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, draconus said:

I don't think it's designed for that long ranges. Mind the INS drift - it's not GPS tech - so the longer the range the less accurate it is. You have to weigh in if the drop altitude and bomb maneuvering capability can cope with that.

No I get that, 10-20nm would be more than enough. For LGB's the accuracy doesnt matter that much anyway, just wanna put it close enough and lase it in. 

Edited by Skysurfer

• 8 months later...

Is there any information about the upcoming patch whether IP bombing with Jester will be possible?

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme