GV5Js Datacard Generator

raus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @raus!

I've been creating some Google Earth preps maps for our brief before we fly. Here is an example:

https://earth.google.com/earth/d/1YmFjeeR-krYPClcmsaaTWDgPqUufNX4R?usp=sharing

Would be nice to add this function to create a kml with the mission's waypoints to then auto generate an objective map and then we can export screenshots into the kneeboard

Looks like this:

03_Notes1.png

Cheers,

Whisky

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, latest version should automatically update from the one linked in the first post. If the update it does not show up when launching, you can use the button "check for updates". Regarding the aircrafts... it works with any, as long as you're going on blue coalition. Probably will change that in the future, to add the possibility of flying red side, good point

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

For some reason the program isn't working correctly. When I double click on it the yellow patch with the name appears for a second and then it goes to the Taskbar like it's minimized.  I can click on it and it shows the icon on the taskbar like it's running but it will not run in the foreground (maximized).

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled it but it keeps doing this. I just can't get it to run properly.

Any ideas please?

15 hours ago, King39 said:

Hello,

For some reason the program isn't working correctly. When I double click on it the yellow patch with the name appears for a second and then it goes to the Taskbar like it's minimized.  I can click on it and it shows the icon on the taskbar like it's running but it will not run in the foreground (maximized).

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled it but it keeps doing this. I just can't get it to run properly.

Any ideas please?

Well, I am not quite sure what's going on there. Might be due to .NET Framework? Please just check you have .NET Framework 4.7 (IIRC, will check later when at home) properly installed. I will also check some debug capabilities and come back - hopefully - with some ideas.

6 hours ago, raus said:

Well, I am not quite sure what's going on there. Might be due to .NET Framework? Please just check you have .NET Framework 4.7 (IIRC, will check later when at home) properly installed. I will also check some debug capabilities and come back - hopefully - with some ideas.

.Net doesn't come up in the App/Remove apps like it should. I checked the registry and some of the keys are there but not all. I can't delete the keys to rerun .Net installer and the .Net installer refuses to install because it says it's already installed.

I give up. Thanks anyway.

@King39 I've met another occurrence of your issue. In this case, the user had, somehow, managed to get the app closed out of the screen area (maybe 2nd monitor? Some VR glasses create several virtual monitors, that could lead to this behavior). When this happens, the app will remember the last position where it got closed, next time you open it, so it might be a orblem. 2 potential solutions:

1.- Right click on the taskbar icon and select "maximize"

2.- Try this (after selecting the window on the taskbar, to make sure it has the focus):

Move Windows Using The Keyboard Shortcut Method
  1. If you want to move a window to a display located to the left of your current display, press Windows + Shift + Left Arrow.
  2. If you want to move a window to a display located to the right of your current display, press Windows + Shift + Right Arrow.

Edited by raus

Just updated to v1.4.0, with the following changes:

v1.4.0 Changelog:
[Feature]: Added automatic trimming of Waypoint/Airfield names if overlap with next field is detected (when name is highlighted orange, there might be overlap)
[Feature]: Added a 6th Inter-flight field in the commcard, with flight selectable in the General tab
[Feature]: Added another row in the Package section of the Mission Data Card, raising the count to up to 5 flights
[Feature]: Added a selection field, to use GV5Js standard RAMROD words
[Fix]: if MGRS coordinates selected, export WP info to Notes1 not working
[Change]: Marked option "Use std GV5Js frequencies as default
[Change]: Changed default Coordinate system to DD°MM'SS.SS"
[Change]: Increased size of Joker/Bingo texts
[Change]: Aesthetic changes to the app. Eliminated non-selectable branding in the exports and maximized cards area, streamlining card design
[Change]: Harmonized file export names
[Change]: Cleanup of app resources, to improve efficiency

If you cannot upload through the app itself (very old versions only), the link in the first post has been updated 🙂

• Like 1

After installing this update it works!! Thank you. I really like this program so much that I just sent you a donation.

Question, is there a way I can import A-10C checklists into the Aircraft Type dropdown so I can include them in the mission package?

Glad to hear that!! 🙂

At the moment, the checklists are hard-coded, although I might include an option to parse a given folder for checklists in an upcoming version, good idea!! 👍

Anyway, I I am trying to get some time to expand the checklists section,and next in the queue are A-10 and M-2000. If you have some specific checklist in mind, feel free to point me in that direction, so I can make sure that content is included when I put it in the app format (I like all the pages generated to be consistent regarding formatting)

Hi @raus

I am discovering your application and am testing it, congratulations for the great work and the quality.

A question about the WP:
Why is there a gap in the numbering of the WPs?
For example, the WP 1 in the AV8 is always in 0 on the kneeboard.

Another small point, the UHF frequency of Bassel Al-Assad is 250.550 and not 250.450

Thanks

edit: I found for the gap, I just had to enter a name for the WP0

image.png

Edited by Tripack

I have already fixed the frequency. Whenever there is a change it is hard to realize and keep track of all frequencies…feel free to drop a message here when you find a wrong one. 

regarding the WPs I just noticed the same. As a workaround, make sure all WPs have a name. I will try to fix it real quick and push an update. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I really like what the program can do and was planning on using it for my new Syrian campaign but it's just too buggy for me to commit to use it. It seems to work only when it feels like it.

I was using it without problems last night and now it won't load - just the icon in the taskbar like it's minimized but it won't open up when called. It has done this same thing off and on four or five times in the last two or three weeks even with all the the updates.

I've been trying to use the program with some regularity but it is just buggy for me to commit to it. I really did want to use it but I can't count on it.

I've never seen a program behave like this before and I've been working on Windows since 3.1. I hope you can get it sorted out as I really like it but am going to go back to manually developed datacards.

John

@King39 I am sorry to read that. Actually, I have not been able to replicate the behavior of your system, but still looking into it. I have made a couple additional modifications that coul maybe mitigate it. As far as I can guess, it looks like the program is not actually minimized, but rather set to a wrong location, outside visible area of your monitor. It could be due to being closed last time with a different monitor arrangement (the program remembers its last position and size, and tries to open again in the same location... which could lead to it being out of bounds, if you have less monitors than last time). I would suggest you to give a try to this last version, where I've been working on a different layout. It is also worth mentioning that this could be recurrent when you update, as the settings of size/location of the winfow are not carried over between versions, sorry (hint to myself for future improvements)

Aside from that, I was opening this message to mention that I've updated the program to v1.5.0, with the possibility of having two tabs on screen at the same time, as well as using it with Red Coalition missions. The link and -to some extent- feature summary on the first post have been updated. But you can always update via the program, directly. One (maybe more) english language tutorial videos will appear on Youtube shortly. I will drop a message here when able to edit them.

PS: If anyone experiences the issue with the program appearing minimized, but not able to bring it up, I suggest to try the following: hover the mouse over the Task bar icon, so the mini-preview appears. Click on the minipreview to ensure the app has focus. Then, press Win+arrow left/right, several times, until the app comes to viewable area. And of course, let me know, so I can have a look into it. The hardest bugs to fix are those you're not aware of 

Edited by raus
  • Thanks 1

Ok, after some days polishing the new features, I've managed to create a tutorial video (english version... although there's a spanish twin of this tutorial in the channel, as well), explaining the use of the application. To use as an example, I created a multiplayer mission with DCS Liberation, and created the datacards for the Package with the Datacard Generator... feel free to visit and comment in YT, if you have any doubts/suggestions (of course, any like/subscribe is very much welcome!).

Enjoy!