GV5Js Datacard Generator

raus

I've never seen that happening, but I would recommend you to uninstall, and then install from scratch with the latest link (first post), although it will take you to update again... Just check your .NET Framework installation (4.7 required, minimum, although should get triggered by the installer if you do not have it), and do NOT launch it as admin (experienced some issues in the past, and it is not required).

Let me know if there are any other details/messages, and I will meanwhile try to replicate the issue.

Great piece of software!

I'm noticing a few odd behaviors that I'll point out.

1. Every time I select a new flight from the 'General' tab, the comm card values are overwritten from values in the .miz file for the aircraft. This is problematic if I want to customize the card and standardize those modifications across multiple flights. Essentially I would have to manually retype the desired frequencies for every flight. (I think the inter-flight freqs are not overwritten when the relevant 'General' checkbox is ticked. I love that it can pull from what's in the mission, but it would be nice to force a lock/override on desired channels that I want to standardize. This could be a nice way to generalize the checkbox for interflight frequencies that you already have on the 'General' tab.

2. Tomcat flights always get the same inter-flight frequency even if they have different names. 265 MHz. It looks like the desired behavior is to keep the GV5J standard interflight. 138 for inter-flight 1.

Hi @iantron

Let me answer...

1. You are right. I will look into an option to "lock" the commcard. However, as workaround, if you export the commcard, it will overwrite the values for every human flight with what is present there... Now, what I am not sure is if this is reloaded, or you would need to re-open the .miz. As I just said, I will look into it and improve it for next version

2. This is due to our GV5Js standard, where we use 138 and subsequent frequencies for inter-flight, but 265 for Tomcats due to radio limitations. I will however check, as it currently supports a single Tomcat flight.

OOOOOOOh, that is a big improvement already. I didn't realize it would push the frequencies to all human flights when I only had 1 selected. That'll make a big difference in the short term

2) you're saying you have multiple tomcat flights operating on the same frequency? The tomcat radios support very similar frequency ranges to the hornet, you just have to get the right radio. Don't change your process on my account, but I think you have the flexibility to do anything with the Tomcat that you can with the other birds. Good to know that's how it works for now though.

Thank you!!!

Yes, I think I explained in the video, as I create a Common Commcard... but maybe I missed it:

- When you have a Comm card created, and you export it, it will overwrite all Human flights with those frequencies. Therefore it is a good idea to fill in all carriers/airfields involved in the mission, so everybody has their frequencies stored.

Regarding the Tomcat is more a limitation on the way we usually operate: the pilot will select the interflight frequency in his radio, and the RIO will manage changing between Tower, AWACS, Tanker... on his. Therefore, we needed a frequency reachable in the front cockpit radio.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, wonderful app. I am starting to use it and looks great.

But I have a problem about the com card: the frecuencies doesn't correspond with the .miz. There are VHF frecuencies on radio UHF, and doesn't change when another flight is selected, only the radio 2 changes.

Tankers frecuencies are asigned to channels 13 to 15. Is it possible to change it?

@MicMic I am currently reviewing a potential bug with the commcard, so I'll double check. However:

- Do not pay attention to the frequencies appearing at start, only when you select a flight from the .miz will it be populated with the retrieved frequencies

- UHF/VHF is a viper thing, other planes have two (or more) UHF-capable radios. Therefore, it is not enforced in the .miz for the second radio to contain only VHF frequencies

- The moment you export the commcard (if the tick is marked on the top left corner), it will overwrite the .miz with the frequencies selected. It is not evident until you reload the .miz, so selecting another flight might lead to confusion... I am trying to rework that part.

BR

raus

On 4/19/2022 at 6:52 AM, raus said:

@MicMic I am currently reviewing a potential bug with the commcard, so I'll double check. However:

- Do not pay attention to the frequencies appearing at start, only when you select a flight from the .miz will it be populated with the retrieved frequencies

- UHF/VHF is a viper thing, other planes have two (or more) UHF-capable radios. Therefore, it is not enforced in the .miz for the second radio to contain only VHF frequencies

- The moment you export the commcard (if the tick is marked on the top left corner), it will overwrite the .miz with the frequencies selected. It is not evident until you reload the .miz, so selecting another flight might lead to confusion... I am trying to rework that part.

BR

raus

Thank you. It is a great app.

I am testing the aplication and today I forgot to uncheck the export the comcard to .miz box, and when generating the kneeboard the mission was broken on the simulator. Fortunately I had a backup on Combat Flite and it was possible to recover it.

I suggest to maintain the export to .miz box unchecked by default to avoid mistakes.

And it would be great if it is possible to choose the channel asigned to the preset for the AWACS, JTAC, tankers... for scuadrons that have a different presets for this agencies.

The fuel calculations are based on GV5Js SOPs... could be possible to link or show in some way the data on wich they are based? ( An as a suggestion, to have the possibility to modify the data)

And last question is about the "Check-in time", "taxi time" and "T/O time". I don't understand why the "check-in time" is 5' earlier than the mission start time. (It is impossible to be in the mission 5' before start it 😃)

I am looking forward for this review. 😉

On 4/22/2022 at 3:33 PM, MicMic said:

Thank you. It is a great app.

I am testing the aplication and today I forgot to uncheck the export the comcard to .miz box, and when generating the kneeboard the mission was broken on the simulator. Fortunately I had a backup on Combat Flite and it was possible to recover it.

I suggest to maintain the export to .miz box unchecked by default to avoid mistakes.

And it would be great if it is possible to choose the channel asigned to the preset for the AWACS, JTAC, tankers... for scuadrons that have a different presets for this agencies.

The fuel calculations are based on GV5Js SOPs... could be possible to link or show in some way the data on wich they are based? ( An as a suggestion, to have the possibility to modify the data)

And last question is about the "Check-in time", "taxi time" and "T/O time". I don't understand why the "check-in time" is 5' earlier than the mission start time. (It is impossible to be in the mission 5' before start it 😃)

I am looking forward for this review. 😉

Hi @MicMic god suggestions there. I am postponing the update, due to IRL workload at the moment, but I will try to get some of these in... Just a couple things from my side:

- You mention the overwrite function breaking a .miz... could you please share that original miz to play with? I have not seen that behavior, and would like to debug it.

- Changing the preset channels for agencies is a little involved, they way it is written now... I will definitely consider making it more flexible, but I can make no promise and would anyway come later (not in next update)

- Sure, I can see if I manage to get some time to expose the parameters of the Bingo calculation. I could use the ones from now as default, but allow modifying the factors

- Good catch on check-in time... I will add a double check to avoid times before mission start. Now it takes the mission start time + startup delay = takeoff time, and from there substract to have taxi time and check-in time (for radio checks), but if the startup delay is too short, it will shift those before mission start

The formula I am using for Bingo right now is, roughly:

• Minimum fuel: 1000lb
  • 250lb for pattern traffic (400lb if IMC)
  • (Distance between recovery and Alternative, in nm)*10lb
  • (Distance between recovery and furthest WP in the route, in nm) * 15lb (*20lb if low-level egress)

Best regards,

raus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DaWu said:

nullWhat is causing this?

image.png

Difficult to pinpoint from there. If it is recurring, please give me a link to the .miz you are having trouble with. I will find the issue and try to fix it shortly, as there‘s a new update almost ready to be released, and I could potentialöy include this fix in it. 

BR

raus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raus said:

Difficult to pinpoint from there. If it is recurring, please give me a link to the .miz you are having trouble with. I will find the issue and try to fix it shortly, as there‘s a new update almost ready to be released, and I could potentialöy include this fix in it. 

BR

raus

check PM. thx for checking

3 hours ago, raus said:

Checked, found and internally fixed 🙂 The problem was due to a F/A-18C flight that was created without name or task, and that was causing an exception

Great 😎 super fast reaction and great tool 

• 3 weeks later...

v1.5.8 is available!!

Update through the app to receive a couple fixes (continue catching some exceptions, if you ever encounter one, please send me the exception message an, if possible, the .miz file to reproduce), and some QoL improvements like:

• Commcard will display Tankers flight level next to their TACAN beacon (now that we are experiencing tacan issues in DCS, helps finding the tanker, specially w/o radar)
  • @Minsky 's great kneeboards for F/A-18C, A-10C and Andersen AFB in Marianas (still working on integrating them better)
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a cool software, however, I'm having a couples of issues.
- When saving the .5Js file, the "coordination card" isn't recorded. If I load the file later it's default page.
- the selections on "Nav charts" and "Checklits" aren't recorded either.
- Mission Data Card: by default, the CALLSIGN fields are populated with DCS .miz flight name, not the callsign. But I can edit manually 
- The Dual Layout doesn't work.

Thanks 🤙

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I would als have a small suggestion: I think it would be better to dissociate waypoint ETA and time on station like in Combat Flite.

Currently your software combines both and actually only display adjusted ETA but labelled as TOS.

image.jpeg

Edited by jojo
  • Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

18 minutes ago, raus said:

@jojo fair points with the .5js, as it needs some extension and polishing. Will work on it and look possibilities for the TOS/ETA. The Callsign is simply a wring naming, I will correct, as it is intended to be flight name. Now just need some free time to do it 😅

But I like the possibility to work around by manually renaming the flights 👍🏻
Also it seems that I have less CTD if I export the pages one by one, which is OK. 😉
You did such a good job for the Hornet that I wish it would work to full extent (bingo and joker) for each modules (like M-2000C and Mirage F1CE) 😇

It does compute Bingo for M-2000C, but I assume it to be Hornet values ?

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

1 hour ago, jojo said:

It does compute Bingo for M-2000C, but I assume it to be Hornet values ?

You can now alter the values per plane. Just have a look in the Bingo section, there's a new button. You can customize the values in the formula to your liking and they will be saved for that plane (naval planes have a set of values for land and another for the carrier). Sorry, away from home now, so will have to check details in a couple days

1 hour ago, jojo said:

Also it seems that I have less CTD if I export the pages one by one, which is OK. 😉

This  is sth I will have to check. If you have the .miz and the situation when you got CTD, please let me know, to try to reproduce and fix