DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt livery competition

BIGNEWY

"Five by Five" was a P-47D-30-RA flown by Colonel Joe Laughlin, C.O. of the 362nd Fighter Group, 9th Air Force from August 1944 to the end of the war.

It is depicted as it would have appeared in 1945.

Laughlin claimed three aerial kills and is credited with sinking a German Light Cruiser in Brest harbour on the 25th
August 1944.

Notes:

The cowling access catches have been reduced to the correct amount: twelve rather than the 26(!) depicted on the template, and are now correctly orientated to the normal map.
The front cowling panel line has also been moved rearwards to its correct location.
The cowling rivets have been correctly aligned to the NM and the superflous rivets (a lot of them) erased.
(There are far too many rivets modelled on the NM and drawn on the cowling area, about two thirds should be removed.)

The Swastika victory symbols are deliberately reversed as they were on the actual aircraft. Why did he have them painted this way you ask? Don't know.

The aircraft serial number in the data block has the last three digits unevenly applied. Again this has been done
deliberately as they were applied this way on Laughlins' aircraft.

I have also drawn all the art including the "Dumbo" noseart and replaced the maintenance stenciling with a more accurate font and corrected spelling errors.

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315175/

urg0502.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BoNidle said:

The Swastika victory symbols are deliberately reversed as they were on the actual aircraft. Why did he have them painted this way you ask? Don't know

Great work on the skin! This is the sign of good fortune and prosperity in India, (not sure about elsewhere) I was a bit shocked when I first travelled there to see backwards-swastikas painted on the sides of walls and buildings, and gateways to factories.

Edited by Sprool
  • Like 2

I'm about 99.9% certain my fictional skin shown below is totally inappropriate for inclusion as a stock skin and fairly certain this will trigger some folks for "mildly adult content" but because it was just for fun and I had a good time making it, I figured I might as well clown around some more and post it here where it stands pretty much no chance of winning, buuuuuut because I can... (I think, lol), here it is. 

Totally fictional art-heavy livery where I played with PBR roughmets to make the artwork "multi layer/multi material" so that it "pops" with depth as the acft is moved around in lighting conditions. My apologies in advance to anyone who finds this objectionable, I understand if my post gets deleted... but why not... here ya go!

Skin location on User Files: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315196/

DRB_Right_THUMB.jpg

DRB_Left_Close1.jpg

DRB_ramptaxi1.jpg

DRB_Right_Crz1.jpg

DRB_Ldg_close_3.jpg

DRB_Left_Crz1.jpg

DRB_Left_ldg1.jpg

• Like 10

Greetings 

I just noticed the Normal file, Engine cover section is not matched with some lines and latches in defuse file 

image.png

image.png

I checked with Real Pictures , the Normal mapping is Correct , defuse needs correction !

Please Confirm that if i am Wrong ! many thanks @BIGNEWY

ISAAC

Edited by sadjad-vosoul
  • Like 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

On 2/17/2021 at 2:10 PM, BSantos said:

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Scr

I've actually been working on this same skin...but I'm only about 25% done at this point and yours looks amazing!  Good job and good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Corrected and More accurate Rivets and Lines Layers for Official Template 

After checking twice with Normal Map file and real Pictures , i matched the lines and rivets on engine covers.

Download Link (Google Drive) :CLICK HERE

Comparison:

Cccorect.png

RESULT :

image.png

image.png

Installation : Download the layers and Paste them to template 

image.png

Correct Position :

image.png

I hope i could help 😊 @BIGNEWY

ISAAC

• Thanks 3

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

My submission #3

UPDATED VERSION (FINAL)

Republic P-47D Thunderbolt - P-47D-28 JNA Yugoslavian Air Force - Code 13056

Download link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315242/

Obs.: Added a Generic version and changed some key details today, 5th of march.

28 JNA Yugoslav AF.png

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_15_new.jpg

Screenshot_16_new.jpg

Contest3.jpg

Edited by danperin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

"Tallahassee Lassie" 

Painted in the colours of the "Tallahassee Lassie," flown by Seattle-born Colonel Ralph C. Jenkins.

He led the 510th Fighter Squadron, initially in England and later all the way through Europe to Germany at the end of WWII. Colonel Jenkins may be the pilot who attacked the staff car of Field Marshall Erwin Rommel, wounding the German commander.

Big thankyou to @danperin for some really useful advice and tips for improving my skin - I now have a more accurate font for the 2ZT registration, and have also made some other tweaks to the skin and roughmet.

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315192/

2.jpg

ssss.jpg

12824293d43686a415dcbdfbc6b0117e.png

e0e076c3410bfcee98cd9eae78c32393.png

bd4b504c9812c7b5a6702142d6997c86.jpg

Edited by Spooky32
Updated skin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Santus said:

Hello @BIGNEWY
Any response to this? Are we to receive an official fix or should we use @sadjad-vosoul solution for our submissions?
thank you

Hi Santus,

I personally decided to use the official template (15Feb21), but checked the real latches and they are indeed different. I edited the official template with the proposed fix. @sadjad-vosoul did an outstanding job and I double checked it with the blue prints and real photos. I already fixed my liveries (all 33 of them), but I will only uploaded it on the beginning of march so I do not annoy people.

These are my 2 cents about it.

Kudos to@sadjad-vosoul!!!

Good luck and all the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
  • Thanks 1