DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt livery competition

BIGNEWY

8 minutes ago, Barrett_g said:

I always liked the P-51 livery “Big Beautiful Doll.”  Someone needs to make a P-47 version called “Bigger Beautiful Doll”!  Lol!

Im gonna have to start learning some Gimp tutorials on how to make skins!

You guys and your talent has really inspired me!

That's a great idea, I'd love to give it a try for the competition but might not have enough time - definitely something to try for fun though this weekend

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Spooky32 said:

That's a great idea, I'd love to give it a try for the competition but might not have enough time - definitely something to try for fun though this weekend

Awesome!  Post it up once you make it!  I really hope this thread continues even after the competition ends!

1 hour ago, Barrett_g said:

I always liked the P-51 livery “Big Beautiful Doll.”  Someone needs to make a P-47 version called “Bigger Beautiful Doll”!  Lol!

Barrett_g,

Good one! LOL

I do remember the "Big Beautiful Doll" while hanging in the IWM in London and the Pony with that marking in Duxford. Do you remember that it collided with and Skyraider during an Airshow there?

I may do it just for the fun of it.

All the best,

Sydy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrett_g said:

Im gonna have to start learning some Gimp tutorials on how to make skins!

You guys and your talent has really inspired me!

@Barrett_g to get you started on this, here's a PSD template I recently made that you can throw into the ED stock P-47 texture template (front) to help you locate the bunch of cowling flaps so you can get the pattern placed where it needs to go. You can get PSDs into Gimp but I strongly recommend biting the bullet on the cost of Photoshop if you can. Good luck!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/164fHPIhUfal1eMs3ew-cXqxWOYdHK1mE/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Schwarzfeld
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My 2 skins for P-47.

I used the color schemes that were used on the aircraft of the USSR Air Force during the second world war.

I will post links to files after they have been moderated.

P-47 USSR Air Force (dark-green color scheme). The inscription on the left side is translated: "For Victory".

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/3315371/

P-47 USSR Air Force (gray-blue color scheme). The inscription on the left side is translated: "For the homeland."

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/3315372/

Screen_210304_225830.png

Screen_210304_230016.png

Screen_210304_232855.png

Screen_210304_232639.png

Edited by Flаnker
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Schwarzfeld said:

I am sorry to be that guy, but I am OCD and a nit picker LoL. I think you missed a spot @Sakuraba LoL
image.png

I think it is intentional, as "if it were captured by the Japanese Army, this is what it would look like"

Edited by Spooky32

6 minutes ago, Flаnker said:

My 2 skins for P-47.

I used the color schemes that were used on the aircraft of the USSR Air Force during the second world war.

P-47 USSR Air Force (dark-green color scheme). The inscription on the left side is translated: "For Victory".

P-47 USSR Air Force (gray-blue color scheme). The inscription on the left side is translated: "For the homeland."

Great 😄 Looking forward to the download links

• Like 2

I love the P-47, and love it for the great liveries you have made, good luck all the artist and again, tkanks for sharing you hard work.

thanks for make this game better.

Will be very hard for ED guys, to choose a winner.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 2

• ED Team

yes will be a difficult to choose the winners. 

81 submissions so far, so thank you all for your efforts.  

Good luck to all.

Final hours now until close, if you have not added a user file link dont forget to add them when they are live. 

thank you

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

79 submissions so far, so thank you all for your efforts. 

Good luck to all.

Final hours now until close, if you have not added a user file link dont forget to add them when they are live. 

thank you

Hol' up, FINAL HOURS?!! The entries are closed tomorrow, no?

Jumping on to a departing train at the last moment… 😄

Let me introduce my semi-fictional.. or semi-historical.. whatever!.. skin for the P-47D.

That’s the real painting of the P-47D but from the Razorback model what was flying by the 1st Lt. Arlie J. Blood from the 510th FS, 405th Fighter Group in 1944, England.

That was a bit difficult to find photos and needed details of this machine so it has taken more time for me to create the skin as I had planned it before.

Anyway I hope you like it.

Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315373/

DCS-2021-03-04-22-19-39.jpg

DCS-2021-03-04-22-28-14.jpg

DCS-2021-03-04-22-27-20.jpg

DCS-2021-03-04-22-57-09.jpg

DCS-2021-03-04-23-06-52.jpg

DCS-2021-03-04-22-34-58.jpg

bug#1.jpg   

bug#3.jpg

Edited by Baron von Myakin
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, MateusOV said:

Hol' up, FINAL HOURS?!! The entries are closed tomorrow, no?

Correct 5th of March 23:59 UTC for close.

Over 24 hours from now, just to be clearer 🙂

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

21 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

81 submissions so far, so thank you all for your efforts.  

Good luck to all.

thank you

The real winners are us end users getting to enjoy these skins (at our hard drives expense! 😂)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Flаnker said:

My 2 skins for P-47.

Screen_210304_225830.png

Screen_210304_230016.png

Screen_210304_232855.png

Screen_210304_232639.png

For a second i thought i was looking at an IL-2 😄 

Awesome work!!

Edited by catchforusthefoxes
  • Like 1

86th FS, 79th FG, "The Trojan Warhorse"

v1.1 (current version) (2021/03/17)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315377/

Screen_210305_1.jpg

Screen_210305_2.jpg

Screen_210305_3.jpg

Screen_210305_4.jpg

@BoNidle 

Took me past 4 days to rush through my version and never realized we were on collision course all the time😅

Gotta admit you sir did an impressive work!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.1 (current version) (2021/03/17) Added new incockpit kneeboard texture to match the one on the external model; re-adjusted mipmaps for 4k textures; no further change in other 8K texture files
V1.0 initial release

Edited by Giskvoosk
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Giskvoosk said:

86th FS, 79th FG, "The Trojan Warhorse"

v1.0 (current version) (2021/03/05)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315377/

Screen_210305_1.jpg

Screen_210305_2.jpg

Screen_210305_3.jpg

Screen_210305_4.jpg

@BoNidle 

Took me past 4 days to rush through my version and never realized we were on collision course all the time😅

Gotta admit you sir did an impressive work!

Thanks. You too.

Overlaps are a hazard of the hobby but I have no problem with it happening. I've never been a fan of skinners "laying claim" to a particular scheme once they have skinned it.

Competition forces us all to up our game, which is a positive thing.

On the plus side, your version is the later version of the scheme, as indicated by the white outlined, solid code lettering, so now people can have both.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2021 at 10:04 PM, sadjad-vosoul said:

Greetings 

Here are my Submissions :

The Imperial Iranian Air force (IIAF) circa 1950

نیروی هوایی شاهنشاهی ایران

iriaf_2 12 roundel copy.png   Iran 1922-1930 body tail.png IIAF_Seal.png

1- F-47D IIAF tail Number : 2-54 Download Link : Uploaded and Pending

2- F-47D IIAF tail Number : 2-60 Download Link : Uploaded and Pending

3- F-47D IIAF tail Number : 2-64 Download Link : Uploaded and Pending

4- F-47D IIAF tail Number : 2-85 Download Link : Uploaded and Pending

* Special Thanks to my dear Friend Mr. Es-Haq Khosravi  for supplying Persian tail number Decals and providing  assets , Information , Historical Images and tips About Iranian F-47D

*  Special Thanks to Mr. Leon Manoucherians  the Author of Iranian Aviation Website for Providing assets , Historical Documents and Images about Iranian F-47D

Due to lack of Information it was not an easy Research, I share them here as Result :

Hide contents

1- Thunderbolts were renamed F-47 (from P-47) after 1947, when USAF changed the P (Pursuit aircraft) to F (fighter) on all fighter aircraft.

2- Iran's 60 F-47s were all -30 (block 30), and since they came under MAP (Military assistance program) none were owned by Iran. They were like loaned aircraft

still in USAF inventory. Most Iranian F-47Ds, including the 44-20872 (Tail number unknown) came from the USAF-Europe 368th Fighter Group.

*Because they came from different USAF squadrons, they had different engine cowling color scheme. What was common was the Iranian flag on the tail rudder, and the dark green top on the fuselage (front and back of the cockpit).

3- serials in Farsi numerals should be with a dash, like 2-54 or 2-85, not 254 or 285 which were the initial serials almost immediately changed after delivery, when IIAF decided to use #2 prefix for all fighters. Anywhere you see #3 as prefix is an error.

4-Delivered from 1949-1950, they were all stationed at Ghaleh Morghi airfield (the first aerodrome in the middle east).

5- Tail Number 2-60 was EX- 368th Fighter Group and had thunder in front fuselage and low visible C2 mark on each side of rear part.

Note 1 : Concerning previous submissions, it has come to my attention that all IIAF skins by authors are inaccurate due to selection of wrong shade of color and decal size & position.

Note 2 Anti glare color is Default USAF Olive Green and people are always using the wrong shade of color for the flag and roundel. 

Please disregard all previous drawings and recolored real images.

To ensure accuracy, I verified my concerns with one of the IIAF veterans ; he agreed that my assessment was correct.

due to Copyrights i cannot share real pictures here but you can access to all of them at this website : http://www.iranianaviation.net

DCS Pictures :

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.03.05 - 10.32.34.63.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.03.05 - 10.34.07.48.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.03.05 - 10.36.13.79.jpg

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.03.05 - 10.26.13.93.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.png

IIF Project : https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/184997-iranian-fleet-skins/

ISAAC

That's an awesome great project, mate! @sadjad-vosoul

Can't wait to download your skins 😉