DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt livery competition

BIGNEWY

My 5th Submission 

Turkish Airforce F-47D Generic

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

2222456.jpgDownload Link : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315413/ 

Good Luck All 🤟

Isaac

Edited by sadjad-vosoul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

13 minutes ago, sadjad-vosoul said:

My 5th Submission for Turkish Airforce F-47D WIP 

i am trying to done it before 24:00 Zulu  😭

We are in an identical situation it seems, I will also shortly be submitting a Turkish P-47! Let's see who finishes first. 😅

Edited by C-TE-B

Last minute question, does anyone know the name to put into the descripton.lua to change the headset texture?

'pilot_p47' works for the pilot but 'pilot_p47_headset' (the default texture name) does not work for the headset.

The skin above "True story" can be used with two generic variant :
First Generic :
355FS 354FG "generic blue tail"

Link : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315408/

Screen_210305_230103.png

----------------------------------- (Forum merged the posts)

Second Generic : 
355FS 354FG "generic"

Link : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315409/

Screen_210305_230126.png

----------------------------------- (Forum merged the posts)

Inspired a lot but fictionnal again : 
2 generic variant for the same squadron.

313FS 50FG "generic big red" :

Link : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315407/

Screen_210305_225605.png

Screen_210305_225558.png

-------------------------------------- (Forum merged posts)

313FS 50FG "generic" :

Link : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315406/

Screen_210305_225702.png

Edited by JG13Wulf
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, C-TE-B said:

Last minute question, does anyone know the name to put into the descripton.lua to change the headset texture?

'pilot_p47' works for the pilot but 'pilot_p47_headset' (the default texture name) does not work for the headset.

@C-TE-B

It is a .dds file? Because if it isn't, you need to put the extension on the description as well, like "pilot_p47_headset.tga" or maybe even try "pilot_p47_headset.dds".

Edited by danperin

4 minutes ago, danperin said:

It is a .dds file? Because if it isn't, you need to put the extension on the description as well, like "pilot_p47_headset.tga" or maybe even try "pilot_p47_headset.dds".

I'm not asking about the texture file itself, I'm asking about the prefix at the beginning of the line that specifies what component the texture will be applied to. I sadly can't find the correct one to apply a texture to the pilot's helmet/face.

Edited by C-TE-B

5 minutes ago, C-TE-B said:

I'm not asking about the texture file itself, I'm asking about the prefix at the beginning of the line that specifies what component the texture will be applied to.

@C-TE-B

Those are the ones i have here for the pilots

{"pilot_p47", 0    ,"pilot_p47", false};
        {"pilot_p47", 1    ,"pilot_p47_nm", false};
        {"pilot_p47", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"pilot_p47_roughmet", false};  

But what i'm saying is the description inside the .lua file for example:

{"pilot_p47", 0    ,"pilot_p47_headset.tga", false};
        {"pilot_p47", 1    ,"pilot_p47_headset_nm.tga", false};

Edited by danperin

Historical Skin representing a P-47D-30 of The Turkish Air Force, circa 1948.

180 such P-47Ds were deployed to the 9th, 5th & 8th Air Regiments of the Turkish Airforce through 1948. After reorganization they subsequently equipped the 151st and 152nd squadrons of the 5th AB (Air Base), 181st & 182nd Squadrons of the 8th AB and 191st & 192nd Squadrons of the 9th AB. They were retired between 1952 and 1954.

A last minute entry from me this time, I won't admit how close to the deadline I began working on it. I was a bit lost for ideas in light of other wonderful entries, so I decided to have another crack at a Turkish warbird, unfortunately info on Turkish P-47s is much thinner on the ground compared to their Fw 190s I portrayed in the last contest. I was able to identify two basic schemes in Turkish Service, bare metal overall being the most common, but also the following with tan/sand upper surfaces, I found this to be the more interesting of the two and did my best to represent it accurately. I was sadly not able to find to which unit this scheme belonged to or when the scheme was used specifically, besides that it had been photographed in 1948.

Includes custom pilot, due to their historic placement side numbers are not variable.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ukov8gfnnQmsyIeDXsmG6It7bP4xQG5a/view?usp=sharing

cJYOHJw.png

jl01SKE.png

J8AkCWB.png

As to danerpin's post prior to mine: Thank you, though in the end I found that 'pilot_P47_headset' had to contain a capital P, unlike 'pilot_p47' for the body. That being the P in P47. Got there in the end though!

Edited by C-TE-B
  • Like 2

Thank you, though in the end I found that 'pilot_P47_headset' had to contain a capital P, unlike 'pilot_p47' for the body. Got there in the end though!

Thanks to you as well, mate! That's good info for the .lua! 

Beautiful skin by the way 😉

• Like 1

A little last minute, but here's something I had an idea for today and thought I'd enter it.. Not much chance against some of the amazing liveries in here but worth a shot 🙂

My 3rd submission: Fictional U.S Navy Trainer - Inspired by the U.S Navy Harvard trainers in their Yellow/Red paint schemes. 

Download link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315412/

a.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

b.jpg

Edited by Spooky32
Added download link
  • Like 6

With my half hour that I have left, I'll make my submission.
396th Fighter Squadron of the 368th Fighter Group.

This is a general, all purpose livery.  Meaning it can be applied across a broader scale of environments than skins historically decorated for individual pilots.  This scheme is historically appropriate to the subvariant of P-47 represented within DCS, the 47D-30.  At the time of this scheme, the squadron was posted in mid to east France, such as Metz (early January, 1945).

It is compressed to BC3 format.

Included with the skin:
*CHANGEABLE AIRCRAFT ID LETTER (excluding the C2 squadron designator)
*CHANGEABLE AIRCRAFT SERIAL # (420###)
*CUSTOM REDRAWN AIRCRAFT ID AND # FONT TYPE
*AIRCRAFT ID LETTERS FEATURE BRUSH STROKE WEATHERING

(At this time, this skin has been submitted to the UserFiles, however it is still pending approval.  In the meantime, the download is in Google Drive here)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-mu7pFYryA3rYZ3OEbCiSLWlFNqCN6Db?usp=sharing

**LINK IS NOW IN USERFILES: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315411/

6.jpg

dw-396-p47-c2p-austin-d2-356x465.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

front.jpg

2.jpg

dw-396-p47-c2a-d28ra-austin-600x239.jpg

5.jpg

dw-396-p47-c2y-inflt-austin-2-495x292.jpg

w-396-carr-austin-henry-mer.jpg

Edited by Magic Zach
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great work by everyone! I've really enjoyed all your liveries and wish you all the best in the competition. I've learned a lot myslef by making skins for this.

If anything, my skins folder has never looked so full! 

Good luck everyone! 

Edited by Waynos
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Thank you to all who have taken part in the livery competition, we have some great liveries to choose from and I know it will be difficult to pick the winners. 

• Thanks 8

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, danperin said:

@MateusOV  Now I'm not sure which one of your Commemorative skins are more beautiful 😕

Great, great work, mate

Thanks alot @danperin, I'm glad you liked it! I'm also glad I got to submit it on the last minute XD Gotta live life on the edge lol

3 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thank you to all who have taken part in the livery competition, we have some great liveries to choose from and I know it will be difficult to pick the winners. 

Thank you most of all for making this competition possible 😄

Edited by MateusOV
  • Thanks 1