DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt livery competition

BIGNEWY

2 hours ago, danperin said:

But I used your skin as reference just at the very beginning, mate. Don't get it 🤨

P.S.: Crazy that I even tried to help you about the colors and sending you the USAF logo with light blue contour. Go compare our .dds files pixel by pixel. 😉

Actually, I will share this USAF logo here for everybody to use since it's hard to get those intercooler ports correctly!

Initially just Santus would have access to that file to help him with JoyBoy, but since the contest just finished and he never answered my PM, until now...

Here it go, hope it help you guys with future projects! 

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_12.png

USAF_logo_Variant_P-47D.zip 295.1 kB · 0 downloads

For historical accuracy,  there is no such thing as a "USAF" logo on that Aircraft.  The United States Air Force did not form until 1947, 2 years after the war's end.  That is a United States ARMY Air Force roundel.  (USAAF).

Edited by Jumper77A
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dali said:

congratulations to winners. ED - this was great idea, it is wonderful to see so many talented people sharing their works of art.

Creating my Yugoslav skin i've noticed better that star roundel, mate. It's so beuatiful. Nice profile pic! 😉

3 minutes ago, Jumper77A said:

For historical accuracy,  there is no such thing as a "USAF" logo on that Aircraft.  The United States Air Force did not form until 1947, 2 years after the war's end.  That is a United States ARMY Air Force roundel.  (USAAF).

True, thanks for the correction! 

P.S.: Edited there

Edited by danperin

1 hour ago, RodBorza said:

Congratulations to all winners!

And thank you ED for choosing Sydy's 1st Brazilian Fighter Group skin.

1 hour ago, danperin said:

Senta a Púa, mano! 😉

Sydy mandou muito bem!

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thank you to everyone who participated in the competition, we have our winners below, we wish we could have picked more there was so many great submissions. 

Winners please DM me with your DCS account name and email. 

Thank you

Mike Busutil: WarChief

MateusOV: Commemorative Livery Big Bird II

Sydy: 1st Brazilian Ftr Sq-Jambock A1

danperin: 61st FS 8th AF HV-Z

Waynos: RAF Thunderbolt

Giskvoosk: Chief Ski-U-Mah

EL_LEJI: 5th Emergency Rescue Squadron

BoNidle: The Trojan Warhorse

Latart: Lend-Lease

Flanker: P-47 USSR Air Force ( gray - blue )

@BIGNEWY,

Thank you very much for running this contest. It proved that it is a winner receipt to make the community eager to participate and to involve a lot of people. I humbly thank you to be selected as  one of the winners. It is an honor to be picked up among so many great skins.

Congratulations to all winners and all participants, no exception! We all won!

Rodrigo and Danilo, now we have an Oficial Jambock livery. The entire Brazil community is happy. Happy for this livery and for having 3 Brazilians among the winners, @MateusOV with two liveries and @Danperin with another. You guys rock!

All the best,

Sydy (Mossie, here I go!)

Edited by Sydy
typo
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to Winners :thumbup:

@BIGNEWY  1- is there any chance to add other skins to the game officially ???

Both Iran and Turkey had P-47D Historically and Both are in DCS Maps " PG and Syria " 

2- My another question is , how did you pick the winners ?! what was the requirement ?!

Cheers

ISAAC 

Edited by sadjad-vosoul
  • Like 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Just now, sadjad-vosoul said:

@BIGNEWY  1- is there any chance to add other skins to the game officially !

Both Iran and Turkey had P-47D Historically and Both are in DCS Maps " PG and Syria " 

2- My another question is , how did you picked the winners ?! what was the requirement ?!

Cheers

ISAAC 

I'd love to see one of those high detailed @sadjad-vosoul Iranian skins officially in the game! It's a pity none were chosen 😕

3 minutes ago, danperin said:

Acho que só a gente dos que ganharam, mano... 😕

Parabéns novamente, viu!

Pra vc e pro @Sydy !!

Vlw mano, fico feliz de ter ganho e surpreso de eles terem escolhido duas 🙂

Afinal parabéns pra vcs tmb, a livery de vcs ficou mto bonita! Até falaria que usaria elas no jogo, mas eu estaria mentindo pq eu não tenho o P47 ashuashuuashuas

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, MateusOV said:

Vlw mano, fico feliz de ter ganho e surpreso de eles terem escolhido duas 🙂

Afinal parabéns pra vcs tmb, a livery de vcs ficou mto bonita! Até falaria que usaria elas no jogo, mas eu estaria mentindo pq eu não tenho o P47 ashuashuuashuas

Eu dei sorte de ganhar o P-47D qdo o Ilyia Shevchenko se juntou com a ED praquele projeto no Kickstarter! Aí eu pude escolher dois módulos e ganhei o mapa da Normandia + O Assets Pack WWII 😁

P.S.: Let's keep it on the standard forum language now 😉

@MateusOV But to this day, sometimes I explode on takeoff with the Jug, lol 🙃

Edited by danperin
  • Like 1

• ED Team
21 minutes ago, sadjad-vosoul said:

@BIGNEWY  1- is there any chance to add other skins to the game officially ???

2- My another question is , how did you pick the winners ?! what was the requirement ?!

Cheers

ISAAC 

We maybe looking to add more historical liveries, but I have no news to share currently.

The competition was decided with a round of internal voting, and management final choices after checking the finalists submissions. 

thanks

• Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Congratulations to all the participants and especially to the winners and ED for organizing this contest.

It was wonderful to see all your skins and your talent.

Thanks to everyone who makes up this great community.

• Thanks 1

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

Just now, EL_LEJI said:

Congratulations to all the participants and especially to the winners and ED for organizing this contest.

It was wonderful to see all your skins and your talent.

Thanks to everyone who makes up this great community.

Your winner skin is crazy cool, mate! 😉

• Like 1

Thanks @danperin and congratulations to you too, your work is also incredible 😉

• Thanks 1

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

@BIGNEWYThat would be very much appreciated! Some lovely skins chosen as winners. However, specific pilot skins(without matching generic) and fictional skins can’t really be used in historical mission building or multiplayer, which I feel is a huge part of DCS WWII. 

Edited by Ketchup

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

We maybe looking to add more historical liveries, but I have no news to share currently.

The competition was decided with a round of internal voting, and management final choices after checking the finalists submissions. 

Yes, please do, unfortunately only one of the winners was an actual P-47D-30 or -40 replica as modeled in the simulator.  The rest were earlier or later D variants and a P-47M variant.  Obviously the fictionals are excluded from this.  (However seeing a fictional claiming to have over 80 aerial kills is kind of a slap in the face of American aviators.)  All the entrees were clearly well within the rules of the competition, however if looking to add historically authentic aircraft in-line with what is modeled, then one must adhere to the correct variant modeled.  For official skins that is.  For user submitted the sky is the limit of course. 

This sounds kind of dickish, but I feel strongly about historical accuracy.  This is still the best sim around, and I work in military flight simulation for whatever that's worth. 

Edited by Jumper77A
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jumper77A said:

Yes, please do, unfortunately only one of the winners was an actual P-47D-30 or -40 replica as modeled in the simulator.  The rest were earlier or later D variants and a P-47M variant.  Obviously the fictionals are excluded from this.  (However seeing a fictional claiming to have over 80 aerial kills is kind of a slap in the face of American aviators.)  All the entrees were clearly well within the rules of the competition, however if you are looking to add historically authentic aircraft in-line with what is modeled, you then must adhere to the correct variant modeled.  For official skins that is.  For user submitted the sky is the limit of course. 

I have a hunch you are refering to my livery. Please, read the text on User Files Download or the txt included

with the skin.

It has 71 bomb marks to count missions,

not aerial kills. 

Try to be less “trigger happy” and a tiny bit more elegant... 😉

Please, go to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310548/ and read it.

Alll the best,

Sydy