DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt livery competition

BIGNEWY

11 minutes ago, Sydy said:

I have a hunch you are refering to my livery. Please, read the text on User Files Download or the txt included

with the skin.

It has 71 bomb marks to count missions,

not aerial kills. 

Try to be less “trigger happy” and a tiny bit more elegant... 😉

Please, go to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310548/ and read it.

Alll the best,

Sydy

Sydy,

Your hunch is absolutely wrong.  I am absolutely not referring to your work in any way, shape, or form.  I was referring to the fictional "Warchief" which claims over 80 aerial victories.  It is a purely fictional skin however. 

Try to be less trigger happy...

Edited by Jumper77A
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Hi all, 

lets keep this thread friendly

thank you 

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

39 minutes ago, probad said:

oh my bad idk how i missed that

6 minutes ago, danperin said:

Hey, mate! If you want, I can send you the source from my bare metal layout I create for the Yugoslavian skin! My purple tone doesn't look 'grey paint' under any light direction.

It will always looks like meta!

If you are interested I can send you a couple of .psd files via PM. I guarantee you I will never accuse you of stealing my roughness metal tone! 😉

No thanks.  My BMF is fine.  I just have to transfer it from my other work. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, philstyle said:

A few of the FPS games I play employ a system like this. works well with an updater/ workshop manager like steam has.

thats why I keep most of my skins at around 1mb not a wopping 21mb per file image.

• ED Team
12 minutes ago, James Bigglesworth said:

Congrats to all the winners. Also, thank you to @BIGNEWY and ED for hosting an awesome competition. I've never skinned anything in my life before (well besides rabbits) so the competition was a great incentive to dive into it and I'm hooked! I had an absolute blast, as I'm sure everyone else did.

No problem, and thank you for all of your efforts, there was so many great submissions. 

We will see more in the future. 

thank you

• Like 3

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Hoirtel said:

Hi, Can someone tell me what the folder should be called in the saved games liveries directory to use these skins? p-47?, p-47d?, p-47-30. Can't find this info anywhere! Thanks

Folder name: "P-47D-30" (just this folder for all models)

My skins I use to save in: \\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\P-47D-30 😉

Edited by danperin
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, Hoirtel said:

Hi, Can someone tell me what the folder should be called in the saved games liveries directory to use these skins? p-47?, p-47d?, p-47-30. Can't find this info anywhere! Thanks

For Saved Games I seem to have had no problems using: 

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\P-47D-30\

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 7:34 PM, BIGNEWY said:

We maybe looking to add more historical liveries, but I have no news to share currently.

The competition was decided with a round of internal voting, and management final choices after checking the finalists submissions. 

thanks

Excellent i do hope so as this is my biggest gripe with the Jug at the moment. It just feels wrong when you want to fly as a specific FG and have to use another ones livery

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Dear DCS World P-47 Competition winners,

thank you so much for your competition entries and congratulations for being selected as winners in the P-47 Livery competition.

We are pleased to announce that our new DCS Mosquito has been assigned to your DCS accounts, 

we hope you will enjoy this iconic aircraft once early access starts.

Best regards 

bignewy
Associate producer / Community manager

• Like 2