Avro Vulcan XH558 - Mod by T-Pap

UPDATE 17/05/2021

Currently working on animations and interior textures! 🙂

In the works ! 

If you want something , might as well do it yourself 🙂

Some sample pics below :

Aircraft outiside has been modelled , Currently working on the interior and cockpit!
No ETA as of yet as there is alot to do especially with the animations and Lua's but working on it daily !

Want to keep up to date with progress you can also check out and like my fb page :
https://www.facebook.com/digitalcombataviators

Vulcan1.PNG

vulcan2.PNG

vulcan3.PNG

vulcan4.PNG

Edited by T-Pap
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Very cool. Looking forward to this.

I served at RAF Waddington between 1980 and 1983 during the last years of the Vulcan.

I watched as they prepared the Vulcans for Operation Black Buck.

We knew something was afoot, because the techies were working full night shifts!

There are few sights like watching a four full squadron scramble, (they were 9,44,50,and 101).

We especially liked the sight because it meant the exercise was over for us on the ground and we could finally go to bed.

Unfortunately cameras were not allowed on the base so I could never record the show.

• Like 6

Really amazing ... I’m not a Facebook user, but may open an account just for your Vulcan .. can’t wait to try intercepting one on my Mig-21 😍

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 hours ago, BoNidle said:

Of course it would be absolutely spiffing if you could replicate that wonderful "Vulcan Howl" in the sound....traditional airshow car alarm accompaniment optional, obviously.

I have a vague idea of how to mod sounds and will definitely be trying to add it. Afterall that is also one of the most iconic parts of the plane , that and the immense engine roar ! 

• Like 1

Dial placement/replacement day!

Lights , knobs , swicthes getting placed over the base texture used for correct placement. Luckily I have some good quality pics i took of my visit to a Vulcan from some years back and will be using them in the model to add that photorealistic look. 

vulcan dials.PNG

vulcan dials 2.PNG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Any aspirations on going Full Fidelity

with it?

Edited by FoxAlfa

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

53 minutes ago, FoxAlfa said:

Any aspirations on going Full Fidelity

with it?

The amount of work a full fidelity model requires is immense and requires a shed-load of processes .Especially considering the analog complexity of the Vucan , it would require to be done as a full time job .  What I am making  will have the run of the mill animations on gauges , doors etc butat the end of the day for now this is a side hobby.  Ideally I am looking with the Vulcan  to reach a  state as close as possible  to that of the Hercules mod .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, T-Pap said:

The amount of work a full fidelity model requires is immense and requires a shed-load of processes .Especially considering the analog complexity of the Vucan , it would require to be done as a full time job .  What I am making  will have the run of the mill animations on gauges , doors etc butat the end of the day for now this is a side hobby.  Ideally I am looking with the Vulcan  to reach a  state as close as possible  to that of the Hercules mod .

Amazing work, but I would prefer that you focus first on an AI model, that we could use on Cold War Missions, rather than a full blown module with interior cockpit. I already have a lot of purchased aircrafts and helos to fly, what's needed are more AI assets ... particularly of the Cold War era.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Absolutely amazing, Pre-Covid gave a days work at the North East Aircraft Museum, We got a tour of the Vulcan, sat in the Captains seat and it looked so familiar after the Just flight and it's FS2004 predecessor. The guide was impressed I could almost go through an engine start sequence, needed an air engineer....none around. The guys kep asking if I was a pilot, Flight Sim, just confused them....civvies....haha

But this would be so awesome to fly, for the 'Black Buc'er's where are you going to put your tankers? 

T-pap, be very happy with whatever you produce, and don't expect a 100% rendition on these older aircraft, run of the mill is fine for me...I'm a run of the mill pilot LOL

Edited by flyingscotsman