Avro Vulcan XH558 - Mod by T-Pap

As an aside, there is a fairly good simulation of the Vulcan for x-Plane:

(Sorry, in spanish)

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, T-Pap said:

The amount of work a full fidelity model requires is immense and requires a shed-load of processes .Especially considering the analog complexity of the Vucan , it would require to be done as a full time job .  What I am making  will have the run of the mill animations on gauges , doors etc butat the end of the day for now this is a side hobby.  Ideally I am looking with the Vulcan  to reach a  state as close as possible  to that of the Hercules mod .

With the South Atlantic Map coming, believe me when I say that you will not have trouble finding people willing to help with that. Heck, odds are, you'd likely be able to find a team with the amount of people that want to see this bomber, and the rest of the Vs in the game to correct the imbalance of a severe lack of RAF representation in DCS. With any luck, you'll have that soon enough.

On 2/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, T-Pap said:

Fear not , I have a cunning plan 😉

Baldrick! is that you? 🙂

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, thrustvector said:

Rudel, have you got this in X-plane? is it a good sim of it?

No, I don't own x-plane, just watched the video of Ragnos (Felonier) ... from what I saw it seems pretty good, the downsides are mostly derived from the x-plane environment, that lacks targets, weapons, explosions, enemies, etc.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone ,

Have been silent for abit too long due to a sh*tstorm of circumstances but have been working all projects as much as possible. 

The Vulcan is currently in animation development! More updates and pics coming soon !

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, T-Pap said:

Hey everyone ,

Have been silent for abit too long due to a sh*tstorm of circumstances but have been working all projects as much as possible. 

The Vulcan is currently in animation development! More updates and pics coming soon !

Looking forward to the update.  I concur with the gents above.  A lot of people out there who would probably be interested in helping you turn this girl into a full module.  We all know the time it would take, but DCS is home to a lot of us and we would be willing to wait.  This sim makes my dreams a reality every year.  Looking forward what's to come with your mod.  Good luck and looking forward to getting her in the air over the Channel 

• Like 1

Wow I can't wait for this! One of the most beautiful planes ever made. Would love to see a Victor as well! 

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, T-Pap said:

🙂  🙂 She can Howl 🙂

Looks really really nice .. have you considered release it in stages, with an AI version coming first?  ... it would be a dream for interception missions with the Mig-19 or 21  🙏

Initial release as static fine for me, now we have Akrotiri Cyprus, there was one sat for years over the other side of the airfield, it had been damaged at some point and used for battle damage repair I recall, but became unsteady on its legs, so the pyro boys had something to blow up! Don't thing the cockpit was saved at all. And of course you could take it back to pre Cyprus conflict 74/75 and have a pile of static Vulcans. Win win, thank you

Yes , I could make available a basic AI and static model soon. I have a couple of low-poly models that I made during the time i was trying to build it that will do these jobs fine.

I've been watching a few videos on startup procedures to see if I can somehow implement a realistic startup as i have found really good source sounds for the APU and more.

Currently I am testing out the model with the basic F15 HUD until the gauge animations are in place however I am planning on releasing it without any HUD .
How does that sound to you all ? Would you prefer a proper old school cockpit or should I add the hud also for game;s sake ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 8