Avro Vulcan XH558 - Mod by T-Pap

Quick update :

Ive been away from playing DCS in general for months , this including mod making as I have grown abit tired of some issues in regards to the game itself aswell some tiresome behaviours.
That being said ive also been waiting for Razbams SA map to see to what level of quality it will be released at and with what assets . 

Vulcan Mod has been mostly finished for some time except for an EFM model . Was hoping razbam would have made the release of the map sometime around the Falklands war anniversary (marketing wise would have made alot sense than this EA release). Considering the map's state , dont see much need to hurry but since the EA is released , i will be looking to get the vulcan an efm and shall see how things go ... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, T-Pap said:

Quick update :

Ive been away from playing DCS in general for months , this including mod making as I have grown abit tired of some issues in regards to the game itself aswell some tiresome behaviours.
That being said ive also been waiting for Razbams SA map to see to what level of quality it will be released at and with what assets . 

Vulcan Mod has been mostly finished for some time except for an EFM model . Was hoping razbam would have made the release of the map sometime around the Falklands war anniversary (marketing wise would have made alot sense than this EA release). Considering the map's state , dont see much need to hurry but since the EA is released , i will be looking to get the vulcan an efm and shall see how things go ... 

Thanks for the update ... I'm really looking forward to both your Vulcan and the Lancaster Mods, as flying a heavier aircraft on DCS does have a lot of appeal to me. Wish you the best 🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Id love to see the chance to have a flying vulcan and victor from you, fingers crossed from my end.

Too many projects are being posted on these forums and then die a burning death.

My father worked on victors, so my fingers and toes are all crossed this won't turn out to be a dying project.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jason32 said:

Id love to see the chance to have a flying vulcan and victor from you, fingers crossed from my end.

Too many projects are being posted on these forums and then die a burning death.

My father worked on victors, so my fingers and toes are all crossed this won't turn out to be a dying project.

To be fair , DCS modding is like a rollercoaster through hell . It takes alot of effort for very little gain and thus most end up quiting it cause it is so time consuming. 
As for the Vulcan , I also have the victor tanker/bombers ready howerver have not solved the issue of how to make them refuel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, T-Pap said:

To be fair , DCS modding is like a rollercoaster through hell . It takes alot of effort for very little gain and thus most end up quiting it cause it is so time consuming. 
As for the Vulcan , I also have the victor tanker/bombers ready howerver have not solved the issue of how to make them refuel. 

would be great if you could please share a beta of the Victor anyway, without refueling, Many Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, T-Pap said:

Vulcan Mod has been mostly finished for some time except for an EFM model

Even with an SFM it would still be an interesting bird to fly ... does it have a clickable cockpit?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Excited to see this in action. Will be nice to have a weaponised vulcan to fly alongside our own Display aircraft. Virtual Vulcan To The Sky Pilot - Timon

Heres a short video of our private mod vulcan to hype us all up for T-paps amazing mod (With thanks to Iris simulations for allowing us to use their Vulcan model)

https://discord.gg/nZEseJDt

Edited by Timon

1 hour ago, Timon said:

Excited to see this in action. Will be nice to have a weaponised vulcan to fly alongside our own Display aircraft. Virtual Vulcan To The Sky Pilot - Timon

Heres a short video of our private mod vulcan to hype us all up for T-paps amazing mod (With thanks to Iris simulations for allowing us to use their Vulcan model)

https://discord.gg/nZEseJDt

I've got the IRIS and Phoenix Simulations Vulcan for MSFS, to see this in DCS as per your video brings back huge memories.

4 hours ago, T-Pap said:

I would also love to have them in my DCS even without the refueling working. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 7:23 AM, T-Pap said:

as someone who has experienced the modding rollercoaster, I understand your feelings. Projects may take months or years of effort and there is, frankly, little external payback or gain. Updates may break something you spent exhausting hours completing, you may receive criticism and demands from people that received the results of your effort for free, and you are constrained by what can actually be accomplished within the mod environment.

That being said, I hope you climb back into the saddle and release this project. Your work is appreciated, and it would be a shame to see another good contributor leave the community.

• Like 7

On 6/13/2022 at 12:23 PM, T-Pap said:

Hi T-Pap, I for one would not be trying the umpteen hours slog down to the SA & back, so refuelling is not a problem for me. You could rightly put it out without, recall that the crews had not done refuelling for years until the situation was forced on them. , Thanks for coming back and trying, appreciated

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone who has been under the belief this mod will not be public. This is incorrect MadCartographer joined my Virtual Vulcan To The Sky server where OUR mod is private for Virtual airshows. Not T-PAPS so please don't be disappointed as T-PAPs mod will be Public. My Vulcan mod will not as its an air show specification built plane so not weapons operational and uses another companies model with permission.

to summarise T-PAPs mod is still going to public as far as i know so please do not get confused with the two.

Timon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1