Avro Vulcan XH558 - Mod by T-Pap

On 9/15/2021 at 10:00 PM, T-Pap said:

She is a thirsty girl so I've restarted work on her buddy 🙂 This will only be AI and static so shouldn't take too long to finish 🙂

victor tanker.JPG

Beautiful, can't wait. Will it be functional as a tanker?

• Like 1

(edited).png

Modules: FC3, Harrier AV-8BNA, Mosquito FB VI, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, WWII Assets

Terrains: The Channel, SoH/PG, South Atlantic

Personally speaking, I always liked the Victor more than the Vulcan since the first time (when a kid) I saw her in a movie.

Hopefully could we get them both as flyable models one day?

Thanks a lot for all, T-Pap!

With best compliments and regards.

• Like 1

A good place to see a B2 close up is the RAF Museum at Hendon in the UK, complete with a full bomb load laid out underneath it.  Its a great museum, well worth a visit if you live in the UK. 

I was unfortunate enough to watch a B2 explode in mid air after an aborted landing at RAF Luqa in Malta in 1975, and to be involved in the recovery of the crew members who died. The pilot missed the runway and shoved his wheels up through the wing fuel tanks, tried to gain altitude again but about 5 miles out the aircraft exploded with one wing coming off completely, I can still see it slowly drifting to earth like a giant sycamore leaf.  Two of the engines kept going ahead, like giant rockets, flying away out to sea. The 2 Pilots got out, everyone else died. I was serving in HMS Hermes, tied up in the trot opposite HMS St Angelo in Grand Harbour. We were all sitting on the round down at the back of the deck doing what sailors and marines do as it happened, we had watched him come in for his landing, disappear below the horizon then suddenly appear again streaming smoke and flames with the engines going full throttle. We scrambled the 2 duty Wessex 5's and flew to the crash site at Zabbar by which time the RAF crash crews were on site but the damage was done, 1 civilian lady died.  Lifting the wreckage was a problem, the wing that detached was still full of fuel and moving it was seriously dodgy. The crew in the back couldnt get out because the nose wheel was stuck in the down position, blocking the escape hatch, they said afterwards at the inquest. A sad day, not the sort of thing you expect when your day dreaming about tonight's run ashore down The Gut !!

Details here, no idea if this is accurate or not, its Wikiwhatsit after all !!  A little bit of Vulcan history. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Żabbar_Avro_Vulcan_crash

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JagHond said:

Personally speaking, I always liked the Victor more than the Vulcan since the first time (when a kid) I saw her in a movie.

Hopefully could we get them both as flyable models one day?

Thanks a lot for all, T-Pap!

With best compliments and regards.

Same, though technologically speaking I think the Vulcan is a better aircraft but I just love the look of the Victor.

(edited).png

On 9/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, T-Pap said:

She is a thirsty girl so I've restarted work on her buddy 🙂 This will only be AI and static so shouldn't take too long to finish 🙂

victor tanker.JPG

On my god, I've always loved the look of the Victor! I can't wait for this, it's going to be awesome!!

Edit: I see its already there, wow! Is there a plan to make the Victor flyable as well? 

Thanks a lot for your work on these! 

Edited by Sandmonkee
  • Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:27 PM, T-Pap said:

Quick update to the file - Have now added the Victor Bomber as Static (For now) object in its cheesy desert camo !

I remember them in the first Gulf war constantly looking awful in that color haha 

Just replace the file in the mods folder !

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318386/

I know that it is a lot to ask for but would there be a chance of all 3 V bombers becoming static mods? I have been using the mod for quite a while and its looking great! Also, what kind of flight model will the Vulcan be? (sorry for all the questions)

(edited).png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 7:27 PM, Anditsgone_ said:

I know that it is a lot to ask for but would there be a chance of all 3 V bombers becoming static mods? I have been using the mod for quite a while and its looking great! Also, what kind of flight model will the Vulcan be? (sorry for all the questions)

Hey dont worry 🙂

Making the Valiant is abit tricky cause of time constraints. Already I am behind on the work on the Vulcan which I trying to finish so it can be flyable. Sadly work is putting this back more than I want.

On release the Vulcan will be a SFM with some modifications obviously to make it match as much as possible to a bomber's flight model . An EFM could be in the works and is deifinitely something i would love to do but will only start work on that once the model is ready . 

47 minutes ago, T-Pap said:

Hey dont worry 🙂

Making the Valiant is abit tricky cause of time constraints. Already I am behind on the work on the Vulcan which I trying to finish so it can be flyable. Sadly work is putting this back more than I want.

On release the Vulcan will be a SFM with some modifications obviously to make it match as much as possible to a bomber's flight model . An EFM could be in the works and is deifinitely something i would love to do but will only start work on that once the model is ready . 

Great thanks, glad to hear it. Sounds like it'll be 2 weeks before any of that starts happening 🙂

• Like 1

(edited).png

1 hour ago, Anditsgone_ said:

Sounds like it'll be 2 weeks before any of that starts happening

Here is a person creating a Mod to share for free ... yet you find nothing better than give him sarcasm? 🙄 

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Here is a person creating a Mod to share for free ... yet you find nothing better than give him sarcasm? 🙄 

Sorry I didn't mean it in a rude way, I am very thankful for everything made for free for the DCS community and I apologise if I offended anyone. I personally am delighted that these aircraft are being worked on (as I am sure is everyone else in this forum) and I only ment that comment as a joke.

Edited by Anditsgone_
  • Like 2

(edited).png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...