A-10C II Basic Flight Training Qualification Released and Updated Voice Overs for all BFT Campaigns

In today's patch update ED has released our A-10C II Basic Flight Training Qualification campaign.  This is a free upgrade and included in the A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign package.  Additionally we updated all the voice overs for the BFT campaigns.

The practice missions are also now in their own campaign so the package currently includes 4 campaigns:

A-10C BFT Practice Campaign

A-10C BFT Qualification Campaign

A-10C II BFT Practice Campaign

A-10C II BFT Qualification Campaign

We also updated numerous triggers and made a few other adjustments to improve gameplay. 

Please let us know if you encounter any issues.  

Thanks and stay safe!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Great stuff!! 👏🏻

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Hi Sabre,

thanks for the update to A-10C II ! It is nice to have this weathered cockpit. Just played through first 2 missions to get up to speed with the hog again.

Taxi mission - I played it 3 times due to some missed switches on the startup (rusty, rusty) and the first 2 times the fuel truck moving away from my spawn position collided with the hog taxiing out. On the third attempt then managed to avoid the collision - perhaps a peculiarity of the game engine.

Takeoff/engine-out mission - I was focused on my startup when I heard "2 ejecting", the hog in front of me on 1'clock was in flames and indeed ejected on the tarmac - spectacular show, but not sure if it was intended.

General comments - the extended 15 minutes for shutdown now seem like no challenge at all compared to the original 2 minutes, but on the other hand real life procedures are not rushed either.

Is there any benefit in playing through the Practice campaign? What are the differences from the actual Qualification?

Yes the AI is still a work in progress.  It worked fine when we tested it but some recent AI path finding problems have been reported.  We will retest again and see if we can work around those crazy AI behaviors.

The practice missions start with you either on the runway or in the air (so you get to skip the start-up sequence).  There are a few extra voice overs and other tips and hints to help you prepare for the qual missions but the triggers are the same between both so if you get good at the practice missions the actual quals should be no sweat.

Update: We retested and didn't get the fuel truck crashes you indicated though we did notice the wingman aircraft parked in the wrong spot for mission 2 so we will be putting a fix in for that.

Please continue to report any other issues that come up.  Thanks.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

The problem with #2 ejecting on the A10C2 take off/efato mission seems to be with another A10 spawning in a point that it clips #2's A10.... Im sure yall have noticed this and are on it, just noting my experience.  Thanks for all the great content, I have a lot of fun on these campaigns!

So just an FYI for everyone about the mission 2 bug on the Basic mission...  Although the instructor ejects and his aircraft blows up, it does not affect you completing the mission.  You can still fly and complete the mission and communicate with the instructor.

Hi Sabre,

I was now flying the basic flight maneuvers mission (turns, descends, autopilot) and had encountered the following:

- after takeoff climbing to the first turn point I suddenly got "you failed to disengage the anti-skid" followed by the usual scoring messages.

- continuing the mission I got to the point the instructor told me to land, so I did, nice touchdown at the perfect spot and suddenly damaged the aircraft and shouts that I failed the mission. Looking around it seems the instructor killed me with his landing gear down overflying.

I have noticed before that sometimes "stuff" can carry on from mission to mission in DCS, so I made sure I quit the game, start it anew and immediately fly this campaign mission.

The anti-skid issue we learned about recently and put a fix in - so it should be available in the next patch release.

As for the instructor crashing into you on landing, the AI is a work in progress so once you get cleared to RTB I would take your time and let him land first. 

ED have committed to improving the AI and hopefully they can address this and the "rubber banding" issue (where he tends to bounce between altitudes) when landing close to you. 

Best advice is to give him plenty of space when on approach and hopefully they can make the AI more intelligent in future updates.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...