Possibility to test Campaigns or refund?

MarkP

Hello,

is there a way to test a campaign mission? Or demo it or something? 

I brought the BF109 Campaign and i thought it was really really bad. I was hoping for a nice, immersive campaign with nice voiceovers and a kinda realistic setting, but instead i got voice which are non-german (thats not that bad), voice that sounds nothing like youd expect - why not just add a voiocefilter to make it sound more like WW2 Funk?!, and really unrealistic settings (f.e. the first mission, "hello new pilot, i show you around" and then when you want to land "fuck, mustangs" and you get jumped by mustangs and most likely killed). 

I got really frustrated with it, couldnt finish mission 1 and never played it again.

But the HORRIDO and F14 campaign looks good, so i kinda want to buy it but yet again, i made such bad experiance with the bf109 campaign, that i might hold back.. Hence my question.

Thanks!

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I can't refund you, you'll need to pick this up with ED's customer care. It's not my call, they are selling the campaign.

Not sure what you mean by the voice filter, because I processed all voice over lines to sound like real aviation radio. I'm a real life pilot, and I'm quite happy with how they sound. If you can provide some real WWII examples I can try to do better for future campaigns.

Please note that Jagdflieger is not a historical campaign, that is, not an exact recreation of events that happened. They are historically plausible, but fictional missions to ensure a nice variety of action. I don't think the intro mission is that unrealistic, though, I read about new pilots being taken up by the commander to test their skills in WWII. It also offers a nice "warmup" to the campaign. Being jumped by Mustangs on landing was an everyday reality in 1944-45. There aren't many of them, so you and your lead can defeat them. There's also additional 109s scrambling, so you don't stand alone. If you stay close to the airfield the AA will also help you. And again, as long as you don't die or get captured, the missions should count as successfully completed.

What would have been a 'realistic setting' to you?

By the way, Horrido is also a historically plausible but fictional campaign (but with German voice overs). Zone 5, on the other hand is completely realistic.

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, MarkP said:

...  I got really frustrated with it, couldnt finish mission 1 and never played it again.

...  i made such bad experiance with the bf109 campaign, that i might hold back..

Amazing .. you only played the first mission of the Campaign and then wrote-off the whole Campaign as "really really bad" ?  ... didn't even think of re-playing it at least a couple of times to get the hang of it?

Well, I think that you should try your own hand at the Mission Editor and create better missions for you to fly in ... ah, and please do share them afterwards, as the Community always welcome new missions for the WW 2 birds.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

26 minutes ago, Reflected said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I can't refund you, you'll need to pick this up with ED's customer care. It's not my call, they are selling the campaign.

Not sure what you mean by the voice filter, because I processed all voice over lines to sound like real aviation radio. I'm a real life pilot, and I'm quite happy with how they sound. If you can provide some real WWII examples I can try to do better for future campaigns.

Please note that Jagdflieger is not a historical campaign, that is, not an exact recreation of events that happened. They are historically plausible, but fictional missions to ensure a nice variety of action. I don't think the intro mission is that unrealistic, though, I read about new pilots being taken up by the commander to test their skills in WWII. It also offers a nice "warmup" to the campaign. Being jumped by Mustangs on landing was an everyday reality in 1944-45. There aren't many of them, so you and your lead can defeat them. There's also additional 109s scrambling, so you don't stand alone. If you stay close to the airfield the AA will also help you. And again, as long as you don't die or get captured, the missions should count as successfully completed.

What would have been a 'realistic setting' to you?

By the way, Horrido is also a historically plausible but fictional campaign. Zone 5, on the other hand is completely realistic.

Hello, thanks for the answer.

Well its starting the voice when you enter the plane, the "hey rookie". It sounds like some kid is speaking to you via a teamspeak. That already killed the immersion for me. For example you can take the M2k campaign. The voices there do sound realistic - or they do sound as you would imagine - not crystal clear. Even SRS has the option for a FM voice effect and it sounds pretty good.

Then its the fact that you are beeing jumped by mustangs. I understand that this might be realistic, but clearly not on a ww2 pilots "introduction" flight. And if you stil would get jumped, you would get a warning via funk at least, and then you as a fresh pilot would probably just run.

It just did felt a bit off / unrealstic - or in other words: thrown together.

It doesnt need to be a historical campaign, im not asking for this, what i am asking for is "immersion". 

So it would be better if:

-The voices would be in german (this beeing english, i can life with, thought)

-voices by a realistic voice (older)

-voices with a filter to make it sound more FM*ish

-have a more realistic flighset, like dont let the new pilot at a introduction/sightseeing-fly be jumped by. Its totally okay to just fly around at the first mission (again, its cool if you are beeing jumped when you are at the frontline in a later mission where you already got some dirt on your hands etc. I again like to pinpoint out the m2k campaign, i thought this one was pretty good in all of that terms)

-ramp up the difficulty through the missions

That would be my suggestion.

19 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Amazing .. you only played the first mission of the Campaign and then wrote-off the whole Campaign as "really really bad" ?  ... didn't even think of re-playing it at least a couple of times to get the hang of it?

Well, I think that you should try your own hand at the Mission Editor and create better missions for you to fly in ... ah, and please do share them afterwards, as the Community always welcome new missions for the WW 2 birds.

Clearly you are biased with your opinion. Im sorry to hurt your feelings by writing a negative review of a product i payed money for. I think its fair to do so. I was disappointed with the immersion-set of the first mission and that wont get better the more you are in the campaign.

I cant do missions and thats not the point. The campaign creator asks money for it so its his job, not mine. I payed money for a product the creator did, so its uncompareable.

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

Thanks for elaborating.

That 'Hey Rookie' does not come through the radio. Your lead is right next to you and he's shouting to you. (your engine and radio is off) The rest of the voice overs come through the radio and they will have proper "FMish" effects that match my real life experience as well as original sources I found. Voices were recorded by 20-40 yr old people, who may even be too old for the role. 'Horrido' uses German voice overs based on community feedback, BTW.

I've read autobiographies of axis pilots and sometimes their first missions were the most hardcore ones. Life back then certainly did not present you with 'gradual' challenges. Mustangs could be anywhere anytime, and coming in low you would not have a warning. They wouldn't care if it's your first flight or your 100th. You don't have to fight those Mustangs BTW. If you think a new pilot would have just run, do that. In this campaign you don't HAVE TO do anything, just survive. 

I understand that 'immersion' and 'fun' are very subjective and it's different for everyone. I still suggest you give it another go, and play a few missions in order to form an opinion if the flight set is realistic or not. A totally historical campaign would probably have 12 intercept missions, highly outnumbered.

Edited by Reflected

Honestly, when I read the part of getting strafed on the airfield , I thought " Man,Reflected payed attention to small details of air war in europe in 44 and 45" Honestly, if your Bf-109 and Fw-190 are as good as Hunters and BNBOB, there would be no hard  thinking from me 😀

• Like 1