Can't understand the 1st mission

Vee

I've now tried it 6 times and I still can't understand what the objectives at the airfield are.

Do I need to destroy the garages ?
Is it only the 2 low res garages ?
Do I need to destroy the 4 apc and 2 tanks that spawn after some time ? if yes the the ammunition is pretty short
How can I know I have destroyed enough assets on the airfield and go to the port ?

Everytime, I try to destroy all the assets at the airfield and the 2 garages, I run out of ammo before killing everything and the general arrives and the mission is lost (there was still 2 tanks and 1 apc, how bad is this general ?)

I think I need help understanding what I should do

Hi Vee, you need:
- before takeoff, tune radio stations 1 - 1 channel, 2 - 7 channel.
- after takeoff there will be a message that you need to contact Colonel Suleiman.
  Radio menu F10 / Others / Radio / <Character>
- after a dialogue with Suleman, destroy 2 garages at the airfield.
  Wingman order to attack tanks - Radio Menu F10 / Others / Radio / Wingman / <Wingman>
- after the destruction of two garages and two tanks, report to the command of Radio Menu F10 / Others / Radio / <Character> that WPN has finished work on 1.
- after the dialogue, order the wingman armored vehicles to attack in the port and destroy the APC.
- report destruction
- Wait for the Marine Corps helicopter.
- after the landing of the marines, help them destroy enemy infantry. They will appear from two sides.
- destroy enemy aircraft or order your wingman to do it.
- Fly to Tarawa.

The main goals are in the briefing and the knee pad.
How to use the radio menu there is information in the Doc folder.
You can see the current tasks in the radio menu F10 / Others / Tasks / Active task.

Thanks, I managed to find out my problem by going into the mission editor. I was attacking the two hangars and not the two garages !
From the skies, i didn't recognised the garages as such and thought that they were just airfield building belonging to the map and not assets. I hope I'm the only one that go confused by this.

Thanks for the campaign, it's amazing to finally have a campaign for this plane and the radio system to progress and locate the ennemies is really awesome. Good job sir

PS : my wingmen crashed as I landed on the Tarawa. I belive it has to do with DCS core scripts but i'm still addig it here

On 2/5/2021 at 6:19 PM, Eagle86 said:

Thanks Vee! You're right. I have no control over the wingmans' behavior. I've already made a lot of changes to the campaign to make it easier to complete. I'm waiting for the patch.

Thx.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, Eagle86 said:

Thanks Vee! You're right. I have no control over the wingmans' behavior. I've already made a lot of changes to the campaign to make it easier to complete. I'm waiting for the patch.

The same here, my wingman either crash into me or the sea.

Maybe a command to tell him to anchor in a 3rd waypoint near by or another order to keep him busy while player lands.

(I don't know anything about mission editing 😞 )

After one understand how mission and comms work it's great fun
Nice work

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please, and this is what normally makes me give up on these types of things, can we have more specific objectives? So far I'm still trying to finish mission 1. All it needs are some satellite photos or better descriptions, for example "airfield entrance"... it took me ages to find where that was just by eventually stumbling on a tank in my TGP not by being able to logically work out where to look. Secondly, these "garages" are doing my head in! Please, can you tell me where/what they are? I have tried flattening various buildings, and once even got a "hanger 1 destroyed" message (hanger, not garage) so some help would be really appreciated. If this is the gentle starter mission I'm in trouble if the objectives are similar. (Note, although I could ask wingy to take out one of the tanks, I can't ask him to take out a garage... that might have shown me what I was looking for?

Thanks for any help

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

Hi FreightDog. There are photos of garages in the briefing. They are even circled in red. They are located at point-1. (WPT-1)
What's the problem with destroying them? While the wingman destroys the tanks, you need to destroy 2 garages. 
If the wingman will destroy all the targets you will be bored 🙂

Edited by Eagle86
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eagle86 said:

Hi FreightDog. There are photos of garages in the briefing. They are even circled in red. They are located at point-1. (WPT-1)
What's the problem with destroying them? While the wingman destroys the tanks, you need to destroy 2 garages. 
If the wingman will destroy all the targets you will be bored 🙂

Oh now I feel silly!  I did not realise the briefing was 2-dimensional i.e. multiple pics AND scrolling down the text!  I was looking for info in the text only. My bad apologies. Thanks for getting back so fast.

• Like 1

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin