AWESOME Video ED!!

AG-51_Razor

Yes, fantastic vid.  The clouds look wonderful and the A-6 will be a wonderful compliment to the Supercarrier, even if it just stays as AI for the time being (but hopefully more).  Hope we get some news on the Intuder after this little tease!

3 minutes ago, Max1mus said:

A-6 coming: For people who like paying for the same capablities twice and thrice.

Resources well spent. Good job. Im anxiously waiting to pay 80$ for the 4th and 5th F-16 variant in 2 years.

Would you believe that some of us just like aircraft? A lot of these machines have distinct features and historical significance and are worth learning about on their own merit? Amazing! 

It's not a damn arms race where you're buying capabilities with your tax dollars. If that were the case we could just buy $10 F-15C and call it good. Best KDR for the money, right? 

We buy this stuff because we love a given aircraft. Maybe you worked on the plane. Maybe you wanted to fly one but couldn't. Maybe your uncle flew one and you want to see through his eyes for a bit. Or you just think it looks cool. Whatever. 

Cripes sake, man. Three comments down after a *beautiful* video and you're already pissing in the soup. 

If you don't want a module...don't buy it? Why is it not enough to abstain from a purchase? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

1 minute ago, Max1mus said:

Because it takes away resources from things this simulator needs much more urgently.

Like?

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

great video; and i am looking forward to the new clouds.

But i'd be interested in seeing a side by side frame time comparison in VR though! 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

57 minutes ago, Max1mus said:

Because it takes away resources from things this simulator needs much more urgently.

Considering it's Heatblur making the A-6, and being an AI model it mostly involves the art team (which isn't working on features that the Tomcat really needs), I wouldn't say so. The "features the simulator urgently needs" are the province of ED's programming team, 3rd party art teams have nothing to do with that.

BTW, a full fidelity A-6 also wouldn't be "paying for the same capabilities twice", since it's a carrier-based attack jet capable of carrying 28 bombs. No other jet in DCS comes close to that, even the A-10 can only take 23 at most (6x3+5). It can also carry 228 rockets (12x19), leaving in the dust everything we have, including the rocket-heavy Russian jets (the S-5 could give you those numbers on Su-25, but the S-5 is crap).

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, sith1144 said:

what is that map the A-6s are flying over tho, I dont recognize that at all?

Marianas, looks a lot like Guam, and I think Andersen AFB also got snuck in.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, Max1mus said:

It takes away resources from Heatblur maybe, but I don’t think it has much of an impact on DCS World core development, there are separate teams for that.

Edited by ak12546
Grammar
  • Like 1

Modules

Combined Arms, Super Carrier, A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, F-14, ,F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, P-51, Su-25, Su-27, MiG-21, MiG-29, Ajs-37, UH-1H, Ka-50, Sa-342

Terrains

Nevada Test and Training Range, The Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, Syria

2 hours ago, Beirut said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a cloudgasm. :wub:

Bring it! 

The clouds are pretty and I can't wait for them, but when the Intruders showed up I hit the pause button almost as hard as when i first saw the co-ed shower scene in Starship Troopers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, USSInchon said:

The clouds are pretty and I can't wait for them, but when the Intruders showed up I hit the pause button almost as hard as when i first saw the co-ed shower scene in Starship Troopers.

Ahh yes, the shower scene... :blush:

Yeah, that's an A-6 moment. 

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!