[RESOLVED] M2K HSI shows incorrect distance to waypoint after INS drift corrected by editing PREP 00 value (on the ground)

earnil

Ok, this one is bit complicated so hopefully it will make sense.

The problem is, that after correcting the INS drift by changing the coordinates in PREP 00, the HSI is still showing heading and distance as if you were on the old 'drifted' position. I'm attaching a track & picture, hopefully it's more clear from that.

How to reproduce the issue.

1) Cold start - full INS alignment

2) input your start position as WP1

3) verify that HSI shows minimal distance from your position to WP1 after INS is aligned

4) take off, fly until INS drifts

5) land - verify the distance shown on HSI and the INS drift

6) note your current coordinates on F10 map

7) input your current coordinates to PREP 00 and WP1

8) check HSI 

As per attached picture, after landing - the coordinates in PREP 00 and WP1 are SAME, ie the HSI should show distance 0 (or approximately so). However, it still shows distance as if the INS drift has not been corrected and plane is at the 'old' position.

This can be fixed by switching off the INS and rerunning the full alignment again. I haven't tested the inflight alignment.

M2K INS Drift.png

M2K INS dirft can't be corrected on the ground.trk

An update.

It happens in cold startup too. I went through full alignment, the PREP 00 coordinates are correctly input, they match the initial position, F10 map and WP1 is set to same position.

Yet, HSI shows 5.1nm to the waypoint.

BUT, when I move, it changes to 0.8nm. I'm not sure if this is within tolerance for M2K, still seems like way too high.

Hope this helps...

M2K initial INS 2.png

I believe that on the real jet, you can't even edit WP0. It's current INS position, read only. For the alignment process, you need to select another waypoint (not WP0), set its position, and start alignment.

It was maybe a choice to enter alignment pos in WP0 in the DCS module, as WP1 is the bullseye on many servers. But, being able to edit WP0 outside of the alignment process is a bug. You can't correct position like this.

• myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] M2K HSI shows incorrect distance to waypoint after INS drift corrected by editing PREP 00 value (on the ground)