Here we go again...

shake307

Bleh, another sale...  ED has no mercy...  My poor wallet...  

So, what to buy now?  No idea...  I have A-10C, A-10C II, AJS-37, F/A-18C, Flaming Cliffs 3, Fw-190 D-9, KA-50, Mi-8, Mig-21, SA342, UH-1, Nevada, and Persian Gulf.  Downloaded the F-16, but it just doesn't quite click.  Might get Combined Arms just for fun.  I really should just learn what I have, but that isn't the same as a shiny new bird in the digital hangar.  What are everyone's thoughts?  What are you thinking of getting, if anything?  I am just curious.  I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, during every sale, but I ask just to hear what you all say.  Thanks

• Like 2

ASUS X570 Plus TUF MOBO, Ryzen 3900X CPU, EVGA 2080 Super GPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Maps. Maps bring fun for every module you already own and fly. Syria is amazing, Normandy is beautiful to fly that 190 or those helos...

+1 for learning and enjoying the modules you have. But you can enjoy them even more if you fly them in different places.

Also, if you fly the Hornet regularly, get the Supercarrier, and then get Raven One (paid campaign). This campaign is next-level when it comes to single player immersion, and the SC is just incredible if you are regularly flying carrier ops.

• Like 4

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

46 minutes ago, TotenDead said:

How about buying nothing? 

Heresy!

57 minutes ago, shake307 said:

So, what to buy now?  No idea... 

Mirage 2000 and aV-8B Harrier are fun and complete (enough) modules I'd recommend.  Great single player content bundled and available.

• 2 months later...

My brain is of an age that regularly flying anything more than one module in a 3 month window completely fries it!  However I am being told to get the Raven 1 campaign so as to get back into the F/A-18 that I've not flown for more than a year.......mind you as the F-14 is still my favourite the above recommendation for the zone 5 campaign is also looking like a certain buy.....

So, what to buy now?  No idea...  I have A-10C, A-10C II, AJS-37, F/A-18C, Flaming Cliffs 3, Fw-190 D-9, KA-50, Mi-8, Mig-21, SA342, UH-1, Nevada, and Persian Gulf.  Downloaded the F-16, but it just doesn't quite click.  Might get Combined Arms just for fun.  I really should just learn what I have, but that isn't the same as a shiny new bird in the digital hangar.  What are everyone's thoughts?  What are you thinking of getting, if anything?  I am just curious.  I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, during every sale, but I ask just to hear what you all say.  Thanks
You don't have the Tomcat.... without the Tomcat, you really have nothing

Get the Tomcat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Relic:

Once the sale hits steam I'll pick up syria. Maybe FC3 too.... 

I read somewhere that the sale won't be on steam. Apart from that, the price of the Syria map is already reduced on steam (nearly the same as in the ED shop - german steam account) and stayed at its current value during the last sales. Think it is still EA. So just buy it and skip the waiting 😉

• Like 1

I'll never understand why people ask what they should buy on a forum. Why would you blow good money on something because a few complete strangers told you to? Whatever you end up with will be their preference, not yours. If nothing you really want springs to mind when you see a sale, then you really should buy nothing and save your money for something else... something you genuinely want and may actually use.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Goffik said:

I'll never understand why people ask what they should buy on a forum. 

Because using Google is hard, and they would much rather skip research/reading and have someone personally answer their questions or tell them what to do😉 This is why companies spend billions of dollars on ad campaigns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

On 2/5/2021 at 9:49 PM, shake307 said:

I don't think I have learned any of the modules I have bought. I don't know how to start them up, I set up missions from the runway, I just play for fun and create missions where the AI fight because I don't fight in DCS, it's a leisure product that satisfies my love for military aircraft. BUT you must buy the tomcats ! It's brilliant. Everyone enjoys DCS in their own way.

Mizzy

On 2/5/2021 at 11:58 PM, Mike_Romeo said:

This guide will help you:

a60e49c.png

Brilliant 😂

• Like 3

On 4/17/2021 at 8:36 AM, Goffik said:

I'll never understand why people ask what they should buy on a forum. Why would you blow good money on something because a few complete strangers told you to? Whatever you end up with will be their preference, not yours.

i think you're completely correct but at the same time you're missing the operative statement here:

On 2/5/2021 at 4:49 PM, shake307 said:

I ask just to hear what you all say.  Thanks

we can pretty much consider purchasevoting threads to be just a variant of wishlist planevote threads where the real purpose is to satisfy a social need to see where the team lines are drawn.

has nothing to do with airplanes really but whatever i guess it's part of the whole 'community' game

Edited by probad

lol this thread is funny  😂   personaly ive got all i need.....   well until the mosquito and apache release .....  then its "ED have some more £££££"

On 4/18/2021 at 1:40 AM, Mizzy said:

I don't think I have learned any of the modules I have bought. I don't know how to start them up, I set up missions from the runway, I just play for fun and create missions where the AI fight because I don't fight in DCS, it's a leisure product that satisfies my love for military aircraft. BUT you must buy the tomcats ! It's brilliant. Everyone enjoys DCS in their own way.

Mizzy

Brilliant 😂

Same.... F-16 and Spitfire is all I can start up....my F-18/A-10/Harrier/P-51 etc etc is all "some day i'll get around to it"

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.