IRMAV and TPOD

Krez

Did something change in the use of the TPOD with IRMAVs?
I use the TPOD to select a target.
I have the IRMAV selected on the stores page on the left MFD.
I hit cage/uncage and I see the IRMAV seaker on the left MFD.
When I hit SS Forward, nothing happens.

It used to be:
Use the TPOD to select a target.
Select IRMAV.
Press cage/uncage.
Press SS Forward.
Press TDC Down until the IRMAV gets a lock.
Press Weapon Release.

Something has changed.
Or, I've been doing it wrong all along and they fixed the bug which allowed it.

Edited by Krez

First you have to press SSS DOWN twice to select "INS" and then SSS FWD to select "TV" -> IRMV (also shown on the left MPCD). Then you can use the TMC to move the IRMV. If you just press SSS FWD, while TPOD is active, you are using LTIP, the Laser Range option (even the TPOD is in save mode).

Left MPCD:                                                       Right MPCD:

stores page                                                       TPOD as active sensor (TPOD)

search for a target

cage/uncage to slew the seeker

to the target                                                       SSS DOWN twice to enter INS Mode

SSS FWD to enter TV Mode -> IRMV

you can see "IRMV" and now you can

use TDC depress to lock the Target

(or to slew the seeker around)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But when I do this, the designate mod turns to HUD and so when I press TDC to try and lock the seeker, the TPOD flicks to where the HUD was pointing.  Is there no way to lock an IRMV seeker while TPOD is SOI and TPOD Des is selected?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!