DCS Control Bindings.

After 3 years away from DCS nothing has changed !  Buy a new Aircraft and Rudder is Bound to MGs, Throttle is Bound to Views, so here we go Again !...Clear each Controller and its Inputs. ..have a Fly, No, I missed a Binding that ED gave me !....ED, can we have a CLEAN  controller  menu  when we start ? ... Experts are going to tell me about LUAs ! ....How hard can it be to choose our `own CONTROLLER BINDINGS " ?

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal. 

You are not the only one suffering from this default binding madness. But you should probably post under DCS World 2.5/Wish List

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Either they are empty at first run of a module and you have to bind them...once.

or

You remove the wrong bindings and bind them correctly...once.

Difference is workload is only a few seconds, then you're good, so nothing to nag about.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I have a throttle, a joystick, pedals and a button box. And each one has buttons/axes default-assigned to the same command. Even the button box is assigned to axis commands although it doesn't have any pot. Lots of View commands are default-assigned to each of these devices. That's more than a few seconds to clean up. Plus, I have seen default bindings that I had removed coming back. There are lots of threads reporting that.

If it doesn't bother that's fine but a lot of people (including myself)  mind, and newbies get confused. And if someone sees this as an issue, that's not nagging.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 2/7/2021 at 1:03 PM, Lange_666 said:

Either they are empty at first run of a module and you have to bind them...once.

or

You remove the wrong bindings and bind them correctly...once.

Difference is workload is only a few seconds, then you're good, so nothing to nag about.

It is decidedly NOT nothing.  I have twelve USB HIDs connected at once.

I own all DCS modules.  Just counting the full fidelity ones and not counting game mode (and adding the A-4E), that is FORTY-EIGHT options in the dropdown menu.

Doing this 576 times takes hours, and that's just to clear everything out.  Then if a controller's GUID changes for any reason, you have to go back and do that controller again.

At the very least, each module should have an option to clear all controllers (other than keyboard) with one mouse click.

Edited by RogueSqdn
clarification

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I have to give ED credit here, and I didn't realize it until just now.

There is now a CLEAR ALL button in the GUI.  

KUDOS!

Thank you, ED Team!

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)