VRNecksafer

speed-of-heat

unknown.png

hellas

i use VRNeckSafer since a wail and  im pretty happy with it
my problem is that in mig21 the view in the 6 (<120°) is struggling
it jumps forward,backward,left and right
i already deleted the left/right and forward settings in the curve (as you can see in the picture) but the problem is still there
so i hope to get some tipps here 🙂

thx 4 ya time

• 3 months later...

I have used the VRNeck (Steam VR+HP Reverb G2) with no issues up to a recent DCS update. Now the utility just doesn't work anymore. It starts up and upon pressing left / right view (+/-30 deg) the view point just jumps out of the cockpit and that's it.. Any clues/fixes? Could really find any recent updates. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

no, but mine is still working, which is not helpful in diagnosing your specific issue ... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

7 hours ago, skypirate said:

I have used the VRNeck (Steam VR+HP Reverb G2) with no issues up to a recent DCS update. Now the utility just doesn't work anymore. It starts up and upon pressing left / right view (+/-30 deg) the view point just jumps out of the cockpit and that's it.. Any clues/fixes? Could really find any recent updates. 

Works fine for me after latest patch -- with G2   you recenter at the start correct  ?

I'm using snap right now with auto (my preferred mode) - what is accumulative - is that like a smoother auto turn ?

Edited by USA_Recon

• 1 month later...

I have noticed that the files in VRnecksafer have a replacement openvr_api.dll,  Im wondering if this messes with AMDs FSR files replacing the the original files thereby rendering FSR non functional(not acceptable) in DCS ,I cant seem to find any info on this as there are no readmes on how to install VRnecksafer just how to configure it once installed. AMDs FSR has greatly improved my VR experience in DCS and rendering it nonfunctional is NOT an option for me, Anyone with first hand knowledge please help me out, It would be greatly appreciated.

The openevr_api.DEL is for each application that uses it…but it works fine as far as I can tell with both running, you aren’t installing it in the dcs bin directory rather in its own directory… but if in doubt test it..

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

2021. 10. 23-án 10:08-kor a skypirate ezt mondta:

A VRNeck-et (Steam VR+HP Reverb G2) használtam, a legutóbbi DCS-frissítésig probléma nélkül. Most a segédprogram egyszerűen nem működik többé. Beindul és a bal/jobb nézet (+/-30 fok) megnyomására a nézőpont csak kiugrik a pilótafülkéből és ennyi.. Van valami nyom/javítás? Valójában minden friss frissítés megtalálható. 

Ugyanaz a problémám.
Rájöttem, hogy ezt az okozza, hogy a SteamVr álló módba kapcsol, amikor balra vagy jobbra nézel, és akkor a pilóta pilótafülkéjén kívül vagy felette.

Edited by Baka_Hun

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is that once Necksafer is activated (IE turning your head) the eye point moves to 6ft above the cockpit and directly above the canopy bow. The reset puts you back into the correct position until you turn your head again.

I think part of the problem may be with WMR. When I go into the WMR house I find that my eye point is an estimated 4ft off the floor. When checking the floor level it appears to be 2ft below normal and must be adjusted.

When I reset the floor level as instructed, the eye point moves from 6ft above the cockpit to 3ft above it, but still over the bow. When I move the floor level up to eye level in the WMR house(as far up as it will go) my eye level in game moves down to the level of the bow and just a couple of inches behind it.

I hope this information help find a solution. I really like using Necksafer.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

This is a brand new clean install with everything updated and the latest drivers. The one thing that I recognize as different is that WMR portal was already pre installed with Windows rather than me downloading it from Steam. There shouldn't be any difference but you never know. 

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

12 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Does this work with Oculus stand alone?

no only with Steam VR

29 minutes ago, RackMonkey said:

Already did. Back as far as 2.04. 

I'm using 2.07 successfully with no problems. try this,  once you are in game, press (before you load a cockpit) press the center button 

No change. I really think the problem is with WMR and SteamVR. I'm troubled by the idea that after adjusting WMR, then re-centering the grid in SteamVR erases the adjustments made in WMR. These movements seem to correspond to the eye point position in game when NeckSafer is used.  

It works wonder here with Quest2 + SteamVR. This is what I have been looking for! Big improvement in SA! Thanks!

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

41 minutes ago, RackMonkey said:

No change. I really think the problem is with WMR and SteamVR. I'm troubled by the idea that after adjusting WMR, then re-centering the grid in SteamVR erases the adjustments made in WMR. These movements seem to correspond to the eye point position in game when NeckSafer is used.  

I'm also using WMR... it's not a problem with that, why are you recentering WMR and steamvr ?  I just go in ? 

21 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

I'm also using WMR... it's not a problem with that, why are you recentering WMR and steamvr ?  I just go in ? 

I normally don't pay much attention to them either and everything was working fine before, but when trying to troubleshoot you need to base line everything that you can set so you have a starting point that you can always return to.    

On 12/29/2021 at 7:13 AM, RackMonkey said:

I normally don't pay much attention to them either and everything was working fine before, but when trying to troubleshoot you need to base line everything that you can set so you have a starting point that you can always return to.    

For the record, I'm seeing the exact same behavior.  I love this utility and had been using it with great success until I got my new system about a month and a half ago.  Got everything installed and jumped into a mission, re-centered in the cockpit and as soon as I rotate my head past the first threshold, I'm above the canopy.  I've pulled down every version of VRNecksafer and tried them.  I had pretty much given up, but if you need any further data to help diagnose, I'm happy to provide as I would love to be able to use this again

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NoTalent said:

For the record, I'm seeing the exact same behavior.  I love this utility and had been using it with great success until I got my new system about a month and a half ago.  Got everything installed and jumped into a mission, re-centered in the cockpit and as soon as I rotate my head past the first threshold, I'm above the canopy.  I've pulled down every version of VRNecksafer and tried them.  I had pretty much given up, but if you need any further data to help diagnose, I'm happy to provide as I would love to be able to use this again

I have experienced that problem a couple of times (when changing headset and computer) during my use of it. I can’t say exactly how it works but my fix as I remember it has been under options and the settings for compensating for standing or seated(?)  (I am not in front of the app right now) . Maybe it is linked to how my VR-room setup is done and where the center is for the headset.  After some trial and error I get it to stop floating me above the canopy after each turn.  

System specs: 13900K, Nvidia 4090RTX, 64 GB RAM, 2TB SSD.  Rig: Next Level Racing Boing Military. VR: Varjo Aero (+Pimax (8KX)
Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM2, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Crosswind,
Winwing Orion 2 Hotas F16 (Throttle and stick) , Winwing Orion 2 F15EX throttle, Winwing F18 Phoenix MIP (VR)
Virpil Control Panel #2, Virpil Sharka 50 Control Panel, Total Controls Multi Function Button Box, Streamdeck
Software:  XRnecksafer, OpenKneeboard, SimShaker

The only other thing I can think off is my headset, a G2, is in seated mode, and I set it to load (after steam has loaded, but before dcs) I honestly don’t think it’s either of them (as I have had the error in the past and got round it by reverting to an earlier version)

Afaik the author of the mod doesn’t review this forum, so you might be better commenting on the other sims forums , where the mod author has a thread.