VRNecksafer

speed-of-heat

I assume you're tried going into Mixed Reality settings -> Environment and done a "clear environment data" ?

That solved the problem when I've had it in the past.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

12 hours ago, Canard said:

I have experienced that problem a couple of times (when changing headset and computer) during my use of it. I can’t say exactly how it works but my fix as I remember it has been under options and the settings for compensating for standing or seated(?)  (I am not in front of the app right now) . Maybe it is linked to how my VR-room setup is done and where the center is for the headset.  After some trial and error I get it to stop floating me above the canopy after each turn.  

Thanks Canard.  I've tried that as well, in both of the settings in VRNecksafer as well as in SteamVR.  It's too bad that there isn't a baked in solution from ED for this for VR users.

12 hours ago, ShaunX said:

I assume you're tried going into Mixed Reality settings -> Environment and done a "clear environment data" ?

That solved the problem when I've had it in the past.

I have tried everything that I can think of, including every combination of WMR and StreamVR beta / non-beta, etc.  I've seen a handful of people with G2 + WMR that have this issue and since I had it working with that same combo, but on my old rig, I think there is something environmental with this.  It would be great if the developer could provide a fix, but I think there is something, maybe some conflicting software, driver or config that is the root cause of this since it's working fine for most people.  It's a head scratcher, for sure.

Edited by NoTalent

• 4 weeks later...

VrNeckSaver is great, it works. Thanks to the developer(s).

But for me, it saves your neck only to 50%.
Why ?
Situation: In a full clickable Cockpit (under VR)  many switches you want to control in a birds "Cold and Dark State" are not reachable by looking at them in a centerview position. (Sorry for my bad english..).
VrNeckSaver helps by YAW-Values, but I miss a configureable negative Pitchvalue to reach those switches who are aligned behind your 3 / 9 Clock position. My wish - a feature that temporary  (controlled by a switch)  add a "negativ" Pitch value to the real Vieving position of the headset, so to do the startup procedure without pain. 

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an alternative to this tool. Its so frustrating some that is so needed has failed.  I'm guessing the developer has abandon the project. I tried open track but it jacks up the z axis and things get jittery. 

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

it works fine. It's only designed to work in VR, so i dont think OpenTrack was part of the design consideration?

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Made a silly little video:

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 3 months later...
hace 11 horas, speed-of-heat dijo:

for those of us who have moved to OXR Norbert Siepenkötter / XrNeckSafer · GitLab

please, can you point or make a screenshot of the params in your necksafer main configurarion? just for use it well

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

i just use the defaults ?

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Never tried this when I was running SVR mainly due to what appeared to be a myriad of config options, but I think I'll give the OXR version a shot with defaults now 👌

• Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Need some help please. Trying to setup VRNecksafer for non-Steam DCS, Rift S. I have no trouble setting up VRNS in IL-2 GB and it works great, but cannot get the manual rotation to work when I launch DCS in VR. I have SteamVR running, Oculus running, DCS starts and works in my Rift S, but no rotation when I command via HOTAS buttons.

I have app mode set to BACKGROUND, game mode to AUTO, position compensation to IN SEATED MODE, and manual rotation selected with buttons set for VR center and L/R rotation.

Is the sequence of activation important?

Cheers,

Vulture

• 1 month later...

I'm new to VRNS.  I am using a G2 Reverb and need to view my six without twisting my chair (Joystick between my legs).  Auto is selected under the option tab.  Here are my settings:

Edit:  Got it sorted.

VRNS.jpg

Edited by Drac

Hey @Drac it wasn't really clear what the problem was, but, glad you got it sorted, what was your solution?

44 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Hey @Drac it wasn't really clear what the problem was, but, glad you got it sorted, what was your solution?

My solution was to "remove" all data in the box (except the first row) and made adjustments to the first row only. I am not able to twist in my chair since I have my stick between my legs.  Also, I am not able to turn my head that far in either direction.  But once I got the proper numbers in, all is good now.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the body of knowledge is really useful to grow, lots of people have problems, its great to hear what the solution to some of them are too : ) 

• 1 month later...

I am able to make it work with Quest2, but not Pico 4. Both are using OpenCompsite + OpenXR Toolkit. The later uses VD without any SteamVR. The XRNS (latest beta 4a) panel keeps saying "HMD yaw: (not centered in game yet) even though I was in the cockpit. Dunno why.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 11/19/2022 at 1:43 PM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

I am able to make it work with Quest2, but not Pico 4. Both are using OpenCompsite + OpenXR Toolkit. The later uses VD without any SteamVR. The XRNS (latest beta 4a) panel keeps saying "HMD yaw: (not centered in game yet) even though I was in the cockpit. Dunno why.

Edit: I did get this running on the Pico with OpenXR, apologies for my previous comment

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Nope, Pico4 runs OpenXR + OpenComposite just right, no SteamVR needed. See:

I can now swap between Quesst2 and Pico4 just by changing the cable.

• 2 months later...

I cant get the download links to work? Anyone got a working link or can ping me the file?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

4 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

I cant get the download links to work? Anyone got a working link or can ping me the file?

VRNecksafer for SteamVR https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/vrnecksafer

XRNecksafer for OpenXR   https://gitlab.com/NobiWan/xrnecksafer

• Like 2

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

Thanks, I have it installed, however, some queries. It has made a desktop shortcut, which when I run, gives me a tiny gui box, so small that all the boxes and options are all on top of each other. i have tried stretching it in the normal fashion but it wont get bigger.....and I cant find the install folder to check the documentation / instructions either......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

33 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Thanks, I have it installed, however, some queries. It has made a desktop shortcut, which when I run, gives me a tiny gui box, so small that all the boxes and options are all on top of each other. i have tried stretching it in the normal fashion but it wont get bigger.....and I cant find the install folder to check the documentation / instructions either......

I'm actually still using XRNecksafer Beta3, which doesn't have an installer, just runs from wherever you put it and has a .cfg file in that folder.

You could try asking the developer on t'other sim forum.. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/67985-simple-tool-to-check-your-six

Would you happen to have Windows display scale set particul;arly high ? like > 170% That can seriously shrink an app's gui unless the developer has coded for it.